Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

After fine tuning...popped on the layout. I might have glossed it, but as people often T cut to de gloss them I will just leave it, hopefully it won't mark too much otherwise I will need to add varnish later.

Oscar's Morris near Scripps garage, must be in for a service

med_gallery_17883_3001_22623.jpgrmweb754heartbeat1

med_gallery_17883_3001_210794.jpgrmweb756heartbeat3

med_gallery_17883_3001_355809.jpgrmweb757heartbeat4

Herbie sat inconspicuously in the 'car park' A red van to denote Greengrass until we can get the correct model. Scripps funeral. The AA motorcycle.

Near the pub, hopefully AFTER he was the landlord!!! A white one unpainted for comparison

med_gallery_17883_3001_117546.jpgrmweb755heartbeat2

the Vw with the soft top may end up white for the barmaid. The disco van. Scripps funeral services (wrong model but it will do for now)

parked at an angle must have been in a hurry....

med_gallery_17883_3001_81231.jpgrmweb758heartbeat5

• Like 11

Hi Jaz, the Moggie looks excellent, I have a couple of white ones so I might give it a try.

Good luck with the Kadees Kal, looking forward to seeing the results later.

All the best to you both,

Andy :sungum:

Cheers Bodge.....

if you want the same colours I used.......

p950 light rust from phoenix precision to touch up the wood.

p313 one anglia turquoise for the greeny blue.

DONT change the front grill!!!

Edited by Jaz

Well I ordered the flexi bark, so should be able to carry on with the Weeping Willow soon. I have made some of the copper bits, ready to be textured and coloured.. To get the full effect I will need to make quite a few.

Edited by Jaz

emt_911

I have a coffin, but I was planning to do a hole in the ground and have it suspended, as it is lowered, and considered getting a second one for people to walk along carrying, It would mean chopping up figures but I could butcher some plastic ones. :butcher: How would I get in the hearse without damaging it?

As for the tips I think most of them were don't copy my mistakes LMAO.

Edited by Jaz

Jaz

Thanks, but I have to disagree on one point.

You say that the tips are don't copy your mistakes. Once is a mistake that can be learnt from. More than once is sheer carelessness.

The main thing I have taken away from this is that using different masking techniques for different aspects of modelling should always be considered.

Duncan

• Like 1

Had a play with my Kadee's tonight, started with the nem ones and I am trying to make a table of which locos need which kadee.

So far 19 seems the most used, on 20, 31,37,47',57 and 66

60's look ok with 18

17 are ok on un buffered like the Dapol cleaner and small hunters like the 03

Probably need to run done around curves to watch for buffer lock, but it is quite fun.

Started to have a look at the screw n glue types, gonna try a 5. On the ews never was wagons, that's the 21 tonne minerals and see how it goes, but I think I may prefer the 140 range with the whiskers

I have some 158's which have a smaller more realistic head, but as you cannot get this smaller head on the nem ones not sure how much better it will be looks wise in the scheme of things.

Well if I have not bored you all to death I will let you know later how I get on and post some pictures when I have something worth showing.

I have become quite kadee expert, well for HO/OO anyways, so if anyone wants some tips on what all the darn numbers mean let me know.

Edited by Kal
  • Like 2

I have bought 18, 19, & 20s. I find the 19 the best compromise. I don't have a model shop to hand that stocks these for obvious reasons so I just order 19s now so to be assured of minimal running problems and having to wait until they do another order. 

I think I have used the #5 on a Dapol wagon and also on some older Hornby wagons that use the riveted on tension lock. I have also used it on a Bachmann ballast wagon that had the cranked tension locks.

I think I also picked up some whisker 146s. not sure why though, mainly to experiment but I think they work on the Hornby MK2 & 3s. 

Edited by thebritfarmer

DOH....Brass0four......I feel like a right dummy now, I have Tamiiya tape (still unopened in the pack) to try out, and it never occurred to me.I just got excited by the artists mask. Thank you for the reminder. Next one i'll trial that, it has an excellent reputation.

• Like 1

Kal said it was a bout time, we took a deep breath and started re numbering some of our stock. He said he'd have a go first....being a coward and hating to undo decent work I scuttled off into a mother room, he called me through to look and showed off his initial attempt......cool I thought no scratching of the loco or the paint job underneath......

med_gallery_17883_3145_127270.jpgrmweb759newID1

then he showed me the ....TOOL....he used......a cocktail stick with dried super glue on it!!!!!!!!!! But it worked....

med_gallery_17883_3145_152903.jpgrmweb760newID2

Network rail logos.....interesting :mad doctor stroking cat emoticon:

Nice idea/work BTW,

Jack

EDIT: just thought...TCut and cotton buds don't scratch...leaves the surface shiny too (great for transfers)

Edited by Jack374