Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Here's a picture from my Chiltern days. The line side phone sneaked into this shot. The signal is behind me. As you can see though the modern design is square. In dubious locations the phone is locked into an even bigger cabinet so stop any old scroat getting at the phone. I'm just trawling through my photos to see if any of your point heaters pop up anywhere. I'll post if I find one.

Cheers

Marcus.post-18515-0-12723500-1397646964_thumb.jpg

Edited by Marcus 37
  • Like 4

Hi Jaz

Just had a look on the other thread. In the picture of the boxes with the FGW coach in the background you can see the boxes are quite away off the points. At some locations I have seen them even further away whereas others they are right next to the points.

So as long as they are in the vicinity of the points you can't really go wrong. I do remember going head long over one at Tyseley one night as it was buried under a foot of snow!!

Anything else I can help with just shout.

Marcus

Here's a picture from my Chiltern days. The line side phone sneaked into this shot. The signal is behind me. As you can see though the modern design is square. In dubious locations the phone is locked into an even bigger cabinet so stop any old scroat getting at the phone. I'm just trawling through my photos to see if any of your point heaters pop up anywhere. I'll post if I find one.

Cheers

Marcus.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

To be honest if you have pictures with paraphernalia for the line side on ...they are of major interest...because I really need to address our tracks which look so bare.

I think that is to allow the trains to run along them Jaz ....................................   :scratchhead:

I really need to address our tracks which look so bare

..........................    it will be nice to see those little gizmos put alongside 'though  ..........................     :jester:  :jester:

..................   Eeerrr   ..........           ..................   one of those "Duck for Cover moments, I fear  ....................     :O

LOL. I just want to get some of the detailing on the side, so it looks a bit more 'real' I have a number of items that come out of their packs, get sorted and then go on the layout or into a holding box. I need to update the shrubbery and stuff. That's why the critters are making an appearance, rabbit holes etc are often along side the tracks.

• Like 1

shouldn't it have melted the snow!!!!! :jester:

Yep only I could trip over a point heater box in the Snow. Doh!!!

Depending on whether some of your layout is modern or not, which I believe it's going to be then a couple of suggestions.

GSMR radio masts are popping up every where. They normally have a small portacabin type building at the bottom of them.

Also Solar powered flange greasers are something else that's getting more popular. These are a small grey box with a solar panel on the top of them.

I'll see what I can do regards pictures for you.

Oh also TPWS grids. There's loads of these approaching colour light signals.

There are two in advance of the signal which are the over speed and trigger grids. Then adjacent to the signal is the train stop grid.

If I think of anything else I'll let you know.

Marcus

• Like 1

Marcus37

Thank you again. One side is modern, the heritage is on the other side. So all these things are great. And if you get time for photos that would be brilliant. I might even model something that is directly model railway. :sungum:

No photos yet, but we got a lot more done in the loft. The latest lot of loft boards purchased some time after the originals are not a good match, they don't fit together well......AAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!!

The mitre saw packed in for a while, but it turned out to be a loose bolt....hopefully service will be resumed.....

I might even model something that is directly model railway.

....................................       ......................................                             .............................                                     ....................                                                   ............            :swoon:

..........     :jester:    ...................   we all know you can do even better than that  ............   

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Don't you have the Kibri kit of the shrimp boat. If so those are going to set that off a real treat.

I like making boats but there's no excuse to have them in the West Riding of Yorkshire. I should be modeling Whitby. Back to the drawing board.

Also noticed that you don't spray grey primer on metal parts first. Just a dusting helps with paint adhesion and matt finish. Or Humbrol number 1, thinned and brushed on but it takes longer to dry. 

Edited by Sasquatch

I know I rarely bother with primer, and yes sometimes I have trouble with paint adhesion. And I then need more layers of the colour. Yellow would like white as an undercoat...I know the rules.....I just fail to follow them.

The shrimp boat is one they can go. As you have Whitby Abbey can you not squeeze in just a touch of water? It is YOUR layout... :sungum:

• RMweb Gold

Don't you have the Kibri kit of the shrimp boat. If so those are going to set that off a real treat.

I like making boats but there's no excuse to have them in the West Riding of Yorkshire. I should be modeling Whitby. Back to the drawing board.

Also noticed that you don't spray grey primer on metal parts first. Just a dusting helps with paint adhesion and matt finish. Or Humbrol number 1, thinned and brushed on but it takes longer to dry. 

Shaun,

What do you dilute Humbrol No 1 with?  I used that on my painting trial, still to be completed, and I am sure I had more of it rub off on the sharp bits.

I won't mention Halfords primer on plastic!  :O

I have NOT noticed a blurring on the details, could this be the one advantage of being too lazy to prime?

med_gallery_17883_3112_481774.jpgrmweb1533langlemodels3

yellow, , translucent yellow, blue, some orange and black, and skin tone

med_gallery_17883_3112_108038.jpgrmweb1537langleymodels7

med_gallery_17883_3112_434897.jpgrmweb1538langlemodels8

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 3

:sungum: Marcus37

Welcome to the indecipherables  :sungum: 

Hopefully this will help me out enormously in keeping up to date with friends. My new content / just items I follow is now well in to 6 pages. I don't post on them all... :no:......there is stuff I want to learn...but don't feel confident to not put my foot in my mouth by asking silly questions :jester:.....However it makes finding my friends much harder......

So hopefully this new tag should help me more with keeping up to date with mates that I do want to post on  :sungum:and want to be kept up with.

Clicking on the indecipherables tag at the top of the page ...then links me to others with the same tag, so I can see them much more quickly. Bliss.

Edited by Jaz

Yummy  ....  Mackerel   ..........................................................................................................................   Gutted, they're metal  ..........    :O

They look good 'though  ....      :sungum:

• Like 1