Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

A city that was named a after a bear. I think I have made the clue too hard...so I'll add a picture.....to make it easier.....

I+own+a+Bernese+Mountain+dog+and+he+lovefunnyjunk.com

a certain someone has one as an avatar.......

Edited by Jaz

Bernese Mountain Dog

Well the creature from the lagoon...is slowly turning into a dog

med_gallery_17883_3112_371593.jpgrmweb1330bernese1

Or in its native language.......a Berner Sennenhund

By painting it before carrying on I find it much easier to see the design flaws

med_gallery_17883_3112_174595.jpgrmweb1331bernese2

So I then add more flex bark...this latex stuff is lovely..though you need to pick out the bits that are so good at making tree bark....

med_gallery_17883_3112_122825.jpgrmweb1332bernese3

I need to let it part dry...then press the latex a bit flatter.

I used the pliers to bend the feet and shape the nose....the nose split and had to be peeled off and replaced. and I had to avoid not making the head to big. 

And Austin here has a nice big white ruff..so I puffed the chest out a bit.

• Like 4

With the latex smoothed a bit, a second coat of paint

med_gallery_17883_3112_311458.jpgrmweb1333bernese4

med_gallery_17883_3112_68804.jpgrmweb1334bernese5

And the real Austin for comparison...provided by one very loving owner

msg-14192-0-67263100-1396371258_thumb.pn

It might be hard to see but I painted in the tan spot over the eyes, the eyes are black so I can not distinguish them.

I took some pictures of him and his owner on the layout, meeting thebritfarmer and @Jc, but I need to go out...so I'll pop them up later.

Also I found a guy with a T shirt. So thebritfarmer is now in a T shirt as mentioned, and the guy with the jacket is now representing Austins' owner. 

Eventually we plan to have all four seasons on AV, and once we have an area with snow I will transfer Austin and his owner to their normal habitat, and ensure the owner is warm enough.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 5

Wow Jaz!

Just Wow!

Is that a Bow Wow?         :jester:                   Thank you. :sungum:

I said on a pm instead of being that mad tree woman....I'll end up as that mad dog woman....... :tease:

A new day and as @Jc once more returns from collecting Pastel his cat...thebritfarmer is again walking down the road (with Ozzy and Watson (deja cue??? A local wormhole?) and even stranger Austin and his owner from the Canadian Rockies (not deja cue then....so another wormhole? Or even an alternative dimension?) the local lay lines around here are clearly very powerful!!!!!

Austin gives Pastel the once over....Watson is back in the road getting a good look at the new dog and a sly look at the cat

med_gallery_17883_3112_144966.jpgrmweb1336bernese7

Fancy meeting YOU here.....

med_gallery_17883_3112_568196.jpgrmweb1337bernese8

@Jc, "Must dash....need to get to college!!!"

med_gallery_17883_3112_553888.jpgrmweb1338bernese9

med_gallery_17883_3112_709378.jpgrmweb1339bernese10

N.B. I cut the last bit of copper wire to the tail with a short length to push into the PIR and thus stabilise Austin so he does not fall over.

The advantage of these copper ones...is also if you are really carefully they are pose able......

• Like 7

Hi Jaz,

You know, I have a dog too...

Meet Max.

post-14393-0-31656000-1396452915_thumb.jpg

A White West Highland Terrier who loves trips to Didcot on the train, liver treats and watching TV!

Enjoy!

All the best,

Castle

• Like 2

Hi Jaz,

You know, I have a dog too...

Meet Max.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

A White West Highland Terrier who loves trips to Didcot on the train, liver treats and watching TV!

Enjoy!

All the best,

Castle

Go on then how tall is he, I assume Max is a boy.  I thought the basset hound was a challenge but it only had short legs...the body is actually normal dog size......that dog is gonna have to be minuscule....I'm so glad it is all white except for a button nose and two eyes. Oh and the collar. A challenge indeed.

Also give height in mm or inches, but advise how high against your leg. So I can try to match it to your HO figure. Yes I said HO figure.........G.U.L.P.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

Hi Jaz,

You don't have to - sent for a giggle only! I don't want you to have to become the mad dog lady of old RMWEB town...

If you do WANT to make a Max then he is quite big for a Westie. He is 330mm tall at the shoulder and 910mm long from the end of his nose to the end of his tail with tail stretched out straight.

Measuring a curious Westie by the way is not easy!

All the best,

Castle

EDIT: Sat up he is 500mm to the top of his ears which is to my knee.

Edited by Castle