This year - even bigger than last year

expoEM North 2013

Saturday 14th SEPTEMBER 2013

10-30 to 1730

Sunday  15th SEPTEMBER 2013

10-00 to16-30

GEORGE H. CARNALL LEISURE CENTRE

KINGSWAY PARK, DAVYHULME, MANCHESTER M41 7FJ

The Centre is less than 400 yds from Junction 9 on the M60

There will be a Free Vintage Bus service from Urmston Station to the Centre on both days

Admission Visitors £6-00 EMGS members £5-00

(The above are 2 day tickets and partners are admitted free)

Layouts Appearing:- (alphabetically)

Calcutta Sidings (1st show as the complete layout)

Cheddar (S&D)

Crown Street

Diesels in the Duchy

Glenuig

Greyscroft Mine

Hebble Vale Goods (1st show)

Mansfield G.N.

St. Merryn

Stainmore Summit

Striven

Tom-Na-Faire

Wheal Elizabeth

Ynysybwl

Traders Attending:-

Alan Gibson,

247 Developments

Ambis

Bill Hudson Transport Books

Brassmasters

C & L Finescale

Cambrian

Comet

Coopercraft

D.C. Kits

Digitrains

Eileens Emporium

High Level

Hobby Holidays

Judith Edge Kits

Lanarkshire Models & Supplies

London Road

Modelex

Pete Goss figures

ProtoCab

R.T. Models

Shawplan

South Eastern Finecast

Stevenson Carriages & Millhome Models

Treemendous

Wizard Models, 51L & Model Signal Engineering

And of course the EMGS Trade Officer

PLUS Demonstrations by at least 17 accomplished modellers including the Retford crew

AND The Members Sales stand

It could be your last chance to see "Striven" as Colin Ashby told me he might not be taking this layout to any other shows due to damage been done to it as shows.

But has he told Val - it's her train set :O :o

Hello

I shall be there with Bedlam Heath, as ever well worth the journey; looking forward to it.

Cheers

George

• RMweb Premium

That is a cracking good line up Derek! Mind you, I am biased cos I is innit!

We will be operating Mansfield as a pure pre-grouping layout and I am very happy to say that I have arranged to have locos and stock built by the late Malcolm Crawley available for use, including a number of lovely scratchbuilt GN locos.

This layout is making a reurn to exhibitions after several years "retirement" so I am looking forward to giving the old thing an outing (and I don't mean my co-exhibitor Ken Hill!!).

Tony

Having navigated successfully the National Rail Enquiries and Virgin Trains websites I have validity for the Saturday and look forwrd to the vintage bus connection to and from Urmston, which I am sure will be the highlight of hte journey. The fare structure being what it is, my return journey must be via Warrington to be affordable.  Must remember my walking boots ...

Chris

Hello

Apologies for my earlier post. Bedlam Heath will not be at Expo EM, possibly due to being a 00 layout but I will be there as a visitor, (and a member of the society). Sorry for the mix-up, another senior moment flashes by. 

Cheers

George

• RMweb Premium

Cardiff 4mm Group will be there with Ynysybwl. The photo is one of mine taken with my Box Brownie - modern version of. Chris Nevard has taken some much better shots which will be appearing in Model Rail - probably next year.

Nice photo John

How'd you do the stone work on the goods shed?

Nice photo John

How'd you do the stone work on the goods shed?

The simple answer is I didn't. It was done by Richard Evans aka "Grumpy";. It is Peco stone - I think he used the 2mm version and a lot patience - which is possibly part of what makes him grumpy.

• RMweb Premium

The simple answer is I didn't. It was done by Richard Evans aka "Grumpy";. It is Peco stone - I think he used the 2mm version and a lot patience - which is possibly part of what makes him grumpy.

Looks good though!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Greyscroft Mine is looking presentable, I think it looked ok at Pickering last week, the main focus of work before the show is stock, there's a coach that has been built 4 years and still is not lettered! I must also get the J77 finished. On the bench at the moment are a couple of brake vans that I'm backdating to ex LNER versions, as they were they represented 1958 built vans, no use on a layout set in 1955...

Archived