G'day Will,

The layout is looking good since the last time I replied. The trees, fences and extra scrub looks great.

I hope you enjoy yourself at Warley as exhibiting can be a lot of fun. I have just exhibited my shunting plank 'Linden Ford' for the first time, and now have a few more offers on the table... You just never know where it will take you. Good luck and knock'em dead.

Cheers, Gary.

G'day Will,

The layout is looking good since the last time I replied. The trees, fences and extra scrub looks great.

I hope you enjoy yourself at Warley as exhibiting can be a lot of fun. I have just exhibited my shunting plank 'Linden Ford' for the first time, and now have a few more offers on the table... You just never know where it will take you. Good luck and knock'em dead.

Cheers, Gary.

G'day Will,

Cheers, Gary.

Thanks Gary

Unfortunately my shunter isn't working very well at the moment, I think some oil will get it running better though. Nothing wrong with the track as my J11 glides over it. I hope I will get some more offers after Warley though, hopefully not too far from the Duchy 

this is looking good, and your work is really moving on. No flat earth society here.

If you put up the photos in smaller groups, if anyone has any comments it is easier for them to say. Once you have lots of pictures of different elements people are less likely to say anything and just emote. Which is a shame because there is some lovely stuff going on here.

16 years......where does the time go.......

And if money is an issue....I have seen people use cat litter to make walling, which provide you with a LOT of walling for a small outlay. Googling this will probably give you 'how to' because I have seen the idea used well...but not actually done it.

Will,

I believe that if you trawl back through Al's Bakewell thread you'll see just how he did it - most convincing! Good tip from Jaz!

Kind regards,

Jock.

• Like 1

Hi Will,

I found over the weekend of the exhibition that I just attended, that I had less time running/shunting trains in comparison to talking about the layout. You may just find the your self in the same situation.

I'm positive you will get that little shunter working in due course. Not to put a damper on the upcoming weekend, but you will find that all those niggling little issues will raise their ugly heads over the weekend. Make sure you equip your self well with tools (screw drivers, pliers, files), glues, some scenic materials (flocks/scatters), soldering iron, solder, wire, couplers, spare wheels, track rubber (cleaning cloth/agent), extension/power lead... The list is endless...!

If you like, I can send you a check list of some of the items you may need to take with you. Let me know.

Cheers, Gary.

There's a good chance someone at the exhibition might help you out on the day...if you are lucky.....

1. to have a look at the loco...(take some small tools just in case.....tho offers of help might come from people no more experienced than you)

2. possibly lend you an item.....if so watch it like a hawk and try to give it back in as good condition as it was lent.....

as Gazman says you might be lucky and people re much more impressed with your layout, your age, your dedication to getting this right on the nite......

Best of Luck.....

• RMweb Gold

Hi Will,

I found over the weekend of the exhibition that I just attended, that I had less time running/shunting trains in comparison to talking about the layout. You may just find the your self in the same situation.

I'm positive you will get that little shunter working in due course. Not to put a damper on the upcoming weekend, but you will find that all those niggling little issues will raise their ugly heads over the weekend. Make sure you equip your self well with tools (screw drivers, pliers, files), glues, some scenic materials (flocks/scatters), soldering iron, solder, wire, couplers, spare wheels, track rubber (cleaning cloth/agent), extension/power lead... The list is endless...!

If you like, I can send you a check list of some of the items you may need to take with you. Let me know.

Cheers, Gary.

An old bit of carpet is also recommended for Warley - those concrete floors get very tiring on your feet!

Hi Will,

Cheers, Gary.

Thanks Gary, I found it the other way round at my previous shows, but they were a fair bit smaller than Warley so hopefully it will be like you said. I've been putting together a list as well, seems liken I'm taking half of my workbench but oh well :D So far I've filled an A5 sheet  :O

There's a good chance someone at the exhibition might help you out on the day...if you are lucky.....

1. to have a look at the loco...(take some small tools just in case.....tho offers of help might come from people no more experienced than you)

2. possibly lend you an item.....if so watch it like a hawk and try to give it back in as good condition as it was lent.....

as Gazman says you might be lucky and people re much more impressed with your layout, your age, your dedication to getting this right on the nite......

Best of Luck.....

Thanks Jaz, the people I have coming to help are very skilled in this area so hopefully they'll be able to help. If not, I might steal Richards 08 as that runs amazingly smooth!!  :jester:  :jester: If the J11 has a front coupling fitted, you'll all know why now :D

I hope they will find it good and not just because of my age, at previous shows I've had a lot of comments, including one guy who hung around so he could tell me how good it was (and yes I was surprised!) 

An old bit of carpet is also recommended for Warley - those concrete floors get very tiring on your feet!

Thanks Richard, I'd completely forgotten about that, on the list now

Will,

I believe that if you trawl back through Al's Bakewell thread you'll see just how he did it - most convincing! Good tip from Jaz!

Kind regards,

Jock.

Thanks Jock, I'll have a look at that a later time when I'm on my next project (and yes it is already planned, Matt (Southern) might know what of....

Morning Will,

Just in case I forget, I sincerely hope that 'Warley' goes really well - the amount of hard work you've put into it deserves plaudits in itself. If you get a chance, take a few photographs of the layout set-up as you may want to build an album of your various projects one day - don't forget to take your camera! Good luck and,

Kind regards,

Jock.

PS would the next one be the Southern in Cornwall perchance? J.

• Like 1

Morning Will,

Just in case I forget, I sincerely hope that 'Warley' goes really well - the amount of hard work you've put into it deserves plaudits in itself. If you get a chance, take a few photographs of the layout set-up as you may want to build an album of your various projects one day - don't forget to take your camera! Good luck and,

Kind regards,

Jock.

PS would the next one be the Southern in Cornwall perchance? J.

Thanks Jock, only just seen this post for some reason, I blame Andy P for filling my notifications :D

I'm sure I'll find time for photos and videos, may even upload to youtube if I get chance

No chance of me building anything Southern or Western, they don't have proper locos!  :jester:  :jester:

In news, I have a couple more wagons to weather and around 15 to seal  :O  and the lighting board is almost finished. The layout has also received a full repaint. 

Thanks, Will

• Like 3

Hope you have a good time mate! Wish I could make it to see your excellent layout! You'll have to pop over the the Hornby stand, as I hear they have some of there new LNER prototypes on show, like the K1! That's if you get time! :jester:  Be sure to get some images of them and the Crosti Boiler 9F and 700 if so  :jester: . All the best!  :locomotive:

I seem to remember a reliable Navigators saying  ....    which referred to obtaining the correct Heading    ......   [Ha - also appropriate pun  ...   :jester:   ]

The west are second best but the LNER are definitely first.

..............   East is least and West is best     ....................      :scratchhead:

Nice to meet you at Warley, you did a wonderful job getting the layout ready for the show, and it looked great. :)

Here are some photos I took on Saturday morning:

20141122_093343-1_zps07487816.jpg

20141122_093400_zps5d194bf6.jpg

20141122_093353_zps960876de.jpg

20141122_093348_zpse02de112.jpg

Excellent to see some shots of it at the big week! Thanks for sharing Daniel! 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Will did a good job at Warley convincing some of the older modellers that you can fit a lot in a small space.

Great to meet you will and keep up the good work!

Barry O

• Like 4

The pictures above really show off the layout - its the first time I've seen a small layout without a station on it, barring micro layouts, of course.  I really like it.  I must have missed reading the specs above, but how large is the whole thing, including fiddle yard?

Cheers,

William

Thanks for posting the pictures Daniel, it was good to meet so many people over the weekend, some I saw more than others due to a lack of time/ being halfway across the hall from, thanks goes to Barry for weathering my 16ton mineral wagon brilliantly, far better than my efforts and Barry and Connor for coming to help! The layout ran really well, the only troubles bring the Jinty which I knew about anyway and the black 5 which was behaving weirdly.  I barely took any pictures, and those I took mainly being or my layout, Primrose hill and the motive depot??There was plenty of people taking pictures, videos and talking to me including a chat to someone who's name escapes me about accidents in goods yards (I know have an excuse when the 4f decides that going over points nicely is too mainstream!) I have three possible exhibitions lined up including Axminster 2015, Bodmin 2015 (possibly) and Warley 2017 if I extend or improve the layout. Finally, the layout will be appearing in a edition of railway modeller once I complete the write up-photos were taken at the show. 

post-19141-0-10245500-1416868168_thumb.jpg

post-19141-0-89343400-1416868190_thumb.jpg

post-19141-0-85895100-1416868208_thumb.jpg

post-19141-0-75191500-1416868233_thumb.jpg

post-19141-0-24156400-1416868256_thumb.jpg

post-19141-0-85893000-1416868277_thumb.jpg

post-19141-0-29543100-1416868298_thumb.jpg

post-19141-0-93606300-1416868321_thumb.jpg

post-19141-0-61553400-1416868344_thumb.jpg

post-19141-0-55086600-1416868366_thumb.jpg

• Like 14