New model from Bachmann

geordie inexile

Before you start running riot with guesses just think where Bachmann are likely to be on that date and look at the advert. :)

Burton-On-Trent, so http://www.search.staffspasttrack.org.uk/content/images/27/28/Resource/4859-0.jpg ???

(Not a brilliant success).

Lets try another - http://www.skilleter.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/Burton/bass.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Ah, so it now gets a lot easier thinking of the date, 30th May gives the following -

Free Open Day on the Chinnor & Princes Risborough       (so maybe a 1366, nah) 

Peppa Pig Event on the Dean Forest Railway  (so maybe a GWR Toad - probably not, but who has the Peppa Pig licence I wonder???  :jester: )

Mixed Traffic Gala on the Bo.ness & Kinneil  (ah, now there's a possibility, typical Bachmann left field job and a 'Scottish something or other', might even be a Sturgeon (wagon before you all get upset))

150th Anniversary on the Llangollen Railway  (reworked 'Manor' - that sounds quite a good bet)

So I reckon one or other of the last two on that list (with Peppa Pig on the outside rails??)

PS  It might just be that the shadow image at the foot of the Bachmann ad drops a less than subtle hint and it's a sort of dmu thingy.

Before you start running riot with guesses just think where Bachmann are likely to be on that date and look at the advert. :)

Look at the advert? Maybe a network rail 950 judging by the outline of the silhouette.

Bachmann has announced in the latest issue of Model Rail (Issue 209) that a new model will be revealed to the world via its Website on 30th May.

Let the frothing begin.

John

All very well, however we haven't seen models that were actually announced close on 3 yrs ago. I  personally think they would be better getting previously announced models onto the shelves.

Hi,

I noticed the ad and being DEMU special showcase event marking 21 years of the society that weekend hope its of interest. If the silhouette is a clue it looks like a 150 so hoping it does mean the Network Rail version gets produced. Few liveries to go at too.

All the best

Mark

All very well, however we haven't seen models that were actually announced close on 3 yrs ago. I  personally think they would be better getting previously announced models onto the shelves.

This is a Collectors Club model. It's not in the mainstream catalogue.

Bachmann has announced in the latest issue of Model Rail (Issue 209) that a new model will be revealed to the world via its Website on 30th May. ...

Intriguing.

Maybe they're going to re-announce the Class 158 that they announced back in the mists of time 2011 but which, according to their last update, still hasn't even left the design studio.

Paul

Intriguing.

Maybe they're going to re-announce the Class 158 that they announced back in the mists of time 2011 but which, according to their last update, still hasn't even left the design studio.

Paul

New 158 - hmm will this be the first model to break the £300+ RRP mark ? if we ever see it 

This is a Collectors Club model. It's not in the mainstream catalogue.

In the past they have announced Collectors' Club models at their members' event in connection with a heritage railway.

This year their event is at the Great Central Railway on Friday June 19 - Sunday June 21.

It would be interesting to see if they have two Collectors' Club models this year - one steam, one not.

I don't have the Model Rail issue in question, so I'll just have to follow along here.

Archived