New model from Bachmann

geordie inexile

Guest spet0114

Something "innovative"? - it's got to be a Bulleid 4-DD Double Decker....

Keith

Now that I would buy! :)

Hasting unit but short underframe. Then you get 6S and options for 3R with a trailer from the 2EPB and unit 1001 with a couple of suitable Mk1s inserted. However a 3D would be good as I have just dragged out my DC kits model to see about completing it. On the steam front to compliment the E4 how about an H class.

Getting my hat and coat.......

Keith HC 

• RMweb Premium

Has anyone checked with the local council if there is any special traffic (outsize loads perhaps) in the Burton area around DEMU? In case Bachmann is shipping in a 12"/foot model as they did recently at their premises for a previous announcement (which I can't for the life of me remember what it was!).

• RMweb Premium

I think Paddy Ashdown has a half eaten hat

A trader today told me to take notice of the outline of the silhouette he had it it on good authority ( no names no pack drill )

The plot thickens

A trader today told me to take notice of the outline of the silhouette he had it it on good authority ( no names no pack drill )

The plot thickens

Don't tell me, he's seen an exit poll which is predicting a surprise victory of another AC electric multiple unit, surprise because everyone was convinced they don't sell.  Just like a Class 90 announcement followed the unsellable Class 85....

Perhaps after all this it'll be a release of their American Norris 4-2-0 in Birmingham and Gloucester Railway livery with a rake of B&G four wheel coaches from 1841 (the year, not twenty to seven).

I still think it's an original two tone blue liveried Class 150/1, or at an outside bet, the electrical modifications to allow three car 150/1 and 150/2 lash ups to be modelled, after all three car hybrids ran in Provincial, three types of Centro and (if I recall correctly) FGW liveries, which should be popular.

Bachman Collectors Club Mail received just now:

"Exciting new feature"

"not seen in a collectors club model before"

Could be sound but is that "exciting" ?

Door lights ? Opening doors ?

Delivery within a reasonable time frame ?

Guest spet0114

Obviously it must be good - whatever it is - as Hornby are running one of their Farcebook 'attention grabber' campaigns yet again.

A similar thought had crossed my mind. A bit childish, IMO.

• RMweb Premium

I haven't seen the shadow that's been mentioned, but from how it's been described, it can only be one thing: a 4mm Terrier!

;)

Have Bachmann managed to fit a dynamic smoke unit into a reboot of a DMU, or even a new model, I wonder...........?

I'm just thinking that it could be the next logical step after sound units and something that would add very substantially to the appearance of any diesel or unit. Diesel exhaust is one of those things that is extremely dificult to scale down and make it look realistic, so if they have managed to conquer this particular avenue, then yes, it would be an exciting new feature.

Maybe I should also look into purchasing an edible hat.

cheers

Andy

Now with extra frothy froth.

"Exciting new feature" ..."not seen in a collectors club model before"

Door lights ? Opening doors ?

Have Bachmann managed to fit a dynamic smoke unit into a reboot of a DMU, or even a new model, I wonder...........?

I'll tip my hat to the "not previously seen on a Bachmann Collectors' Club limited edition model" line used by Bachmann in their email today. It's quite an inspired line to get people guessing.

It would be fascinating to see how the British outline market reacted to a feature like opening doors on a DMU with synchronized recorded announcements like "stand clear of the doors" or "mind the gap". (I really like the idea.)

Isn't a DMU itself (assuming the announcement might be a DMU) something that hasn't been seen as a Bachmann Collectors' Club limited edition model?

I think it'll be...

>several years away<

Differently from new-tooled products listed in the catalogue, Bachmann have been pretty good about their Collectors Club items being available reasonably soon after being announced. I think they had some issues with their members' tank wagon, but if I recall correctly they still arrived within the membership year.

I'm sure someone can correct me but I can't remember a case where the Collectors' Club item used new tooling. They are usually a new livery application and as such subject only to the decoration part of the development cycle.

• RMweb Premium

If it has sound and opening door beeps etc I would wager the guy who has a letter in the new June issue of Hornby Magazine complaining very vociferously about DCC sound on layouts at exhibitions would probably have a fit!

Archived