• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Caley Jim said:

Ne'er cast a cloot til May be oot!*

Jim

* as always, translations freely available on payment of a glass of amber nectar.

More like mid-July where you are, in my experience.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Compound2632 said:

Then put it on when June be done.

Risky business, two-timing.

Much safer when they both have the same first name.

Don't ask how I know this.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Nearholmer said:

There was a lot of rubbish music in the 70s, but then there was this:

Pub rock was terrific. If you haven't already got them, I can recommend two CDs:

"Naughty Rhythms - The Best of Pub Rock"

and

"Goodbye Nashville, Hello Camden Town"

They will take you straight back to about 1973.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Much safer when they both have the same first name.

Don't ask how I know this.

I think we've been round this before.

But April's showers go on for hours.

Especially when you need the bathroom.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Compound2632 said:

I think we've been round this before.

But April's showers go on for hours.

Especially when you need the bathroom.

A bucket in the shed can be a relief. Unless of course where I grew up the bath was in the kitchen and  with an out side Lav so when MMum had a bath there was no access unless you fancid half a mile walk from the front door. In winter if the river Thames was visiting that was a no go.

Don

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
On 02/04/2022 at 21:36, Nearholmer said:

There was a lot of rubbish music in the 70s, but then there was this:

Which so eloquently underlines your point!

• Funny 2

• 7 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

“Happiness is not the arrival, it is the journey itself”

”It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop”

1332DE29-7EB0-462B-9377-DC414494F6A2.jpeg.88a76ff65817271698b9e015a86547fd.jpeg

Well, it’s something like eight months since RMweb went down, with the net result pretty well all the pictures were lost. It was a calamity for me, as I really enjoy having a thread with pictures included in the chat. When I post them on the thread, I tend not to retain the bulk of the pictures on my pad memory, as this also has my wife’s gardening pictures and family tales, so that I couldn’t magic them up again.. In the intervening time pretty well all the action has been on my continental thread, which has gained by getting indexed and edited, as well as restaging the illustrations.This thread is three times the size, and I just can’t manage to rebuild it, so the old posts will remain pictureless, I’m afraid. Still, I must try to keep it going, although anyone following me round the loft with a clipboard would soon say I’m attempting too much, but then it is all enjoyable and interesting. Anyway, work is in progress on Washbourne, with simplicity being the keynote.

Edited by Northroader
  • Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 10

1 hour ago, Northroader said:

Couldn't agree more with both sentiments!

Jim

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Northroader said:

1332DE29-7EB0-462B-9377-DC414494F6A2.jpeg.88a76ff65817271698b9e015a86547fd.jpeg

"I have the body of a God - Buddha!!"

"Get in shape?? I AM in shape - Round IS a shape".

Hat + coat = Gone..... 😉

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Saturday morning, and I’ll slip in a quick post whilst I’m waiting for the paper to be delivered (That lazy t—t paper boy likes a lie in at weekends)

Theres been the odd sawing, drilling, screwing and banging in the loft, with an old surplus baseboard getting converted to new slimline dimensions for a Mark XIV (is it? I’ve lost count) Washbourne. The worst bit was a hammer and chisel to take up the old cork underlay, which I had stuck down with PVA. Self adhesive tiles are so much easier. There’s just some hole patching to do, and it’s ready. 42.75” x 12”, 1080mm x 307mm, all you need for something nice and simple, there we have it, a blank canvas.

B1AA8171-C889-41C5-8537-92E3B769BF2E.jpeg.d145387a31fa9e9fa56860a70af9bb53.jpeg

Oh, paperboys mum’s car stopping outside, he is a weed.

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Well, John, thank you for asking, she’s in fine shape. It was international women’s day this week, and she’s as good example of perfection for that as you get. It was also freezing cold this week, so get snug and warm after a walk in the snow.  “Objectification!?!?” Pah!!

5898D22C-1A70-4B4A-9291-EFC971C798C6.jpeg.e6a7830b48cad424ceaec5eff11fab8b.jpeg

Edited by Northroader
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Northroader said:

Saturday morning, and I’ll slip in a quick post whilst I’m waiting for the paper to be delivered (That lazy t—t paper boy likes a lie in at weekends)

Theres been the odd sawing, drilling, screwing and banging in the loft, with an old surplus baseboard getting converted to new slimline dimensions for a Mark XIV (is it? I’ve lost count) Washbourne. The worst bit was a hammer and chisel to take up the old cork underlay, which I had stuck down with PVA. Self adhesive tiles are so much easier. There’s just some hole patching to do, and it’s ready. 42.75” x 12”, 1080mm x 307mm, all you need for something nice and simple, there we have it, a blank canvas.

B1AA8171-C889-41C5-8537-92E3B769BF2E.jpeg.d145387a31fa9e9fa56860a70af9bb53.jpeg

Oh, paperboys mum’s car stopping outside, he is a weed.

Any timescale for track appearing on it. 

Not being faceatious I haven't made much progress myself railway wise. I have aquired a wall cupboard having replaced the kitchen units after removing a pantry which had housed the hot water tank. Said wall cupboard has been fitted above the planned workbench. Oh yes I have set up some baseboards the otherside of the room which are currently acting as shelves.

It would be nice to see more of washbourne and the eclectic stock.

Don

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Don, you have my sympathy in trying to get things just so in your new place, it would blow my fuses even trying to take such jobs on these days. Hope you’re getting near the end of this, and get on to the modelling soon.

Quoting John Harrison (was it) verbatim in the Torpoint RM article:

”Progress? You don’t get progress here, me dear.. sometimes us sits and thinks, most times us just sits.”

Doing a tour of my threads, you’ll find trees getting planted, locos being built, wagons losing their underframes, coaches getting hacked, but with big time gaps between. Maybe one day... 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Northroader said:

Don, you have my sympathy in trying to get things just so in your new place, it would blow my fuses even trying to take such jobs on these days. Hope you’re getting near the end of this, and get on to the modelling soon.

Quoting John Harrison (was it) verbatim in the Torpoint RM article:

”Progress? You don’t get progress here, me dear.. sometimes us sits and thinks, most times us just sits.”

Doing a tour of my threads, you’ll find trees getting planted, locos being built, wagons losing their underframes, coaches getting hacked, but with big time gaps between. Maybe one day... 

It was, transcribed into a form of Cornish dialect. Great fun.

Edited by St Enodoc
Speling
  • Like 3