Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

What is the name of the pub, unless I've missed I don't think a name has been mentioned?

You could run a completion to name it - with, say, the first prize being a signed picture of yourself and the winner by the pub enjoying a pint of the local brew!

The Pub is the Golden Fleece, so named after one of Queen Guinevere's Royal Sailing Barges that was built in the Local Shipyards at Little Dore, and then Sailed from Dore Locks to the Thames, and onward eventually to Winchester for naming by her Husband, King Arthur. :O

Well that's my story, and I'm sticking to it. :sungum:  :no:  :boast:  :boast:  :rtfm:

I vote "Pubby McPubface", hahaha!

Simon

That sounds more Irish Simon, hahah

• Like 3

The Pub is the Golden Fleece, so named after one of Queen Guinevere's Royal Sailing Barges that was built in the Local Shipyards at Little Dore, and then Sailed from Dore Locks to the Thames, and onward eventually to Winchester for naming by her Husband, King Arthur. :O

Well that's my story, and I'm sticking to it. :sungum:  :no:  :boast:  :boast:  :rtfm:

That sounds more Irish Simon, hahah

Nah, good story line but I can see it now......

Picture of you on the pictorial holding a knife and fork with a cup of coffee alongside.

A Sunday roast on the table ready to be eaten.....

The name....well it has to be -------

The Handy Eaters Inn.

​................

Apart from some Flockaging on the bank behind the Golden Fleece the Lift out board is now done.

So this morning I've moved onto the Main Board and started with the corner next to the door so that I can work my way along that side.

post-9335-0-25000300-1501843048_thumb.jpg

Don't look the other way.

:O

post-9335-0-61849600-1501843061_thumb.jpg

I SAID DON'T LOOK THE OTHER WAY, DIDN'T I! :no:  :no:  :no: 

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Apart from some Flockaging on the bank behind the Golden Fleece the Lift out board is now done.

So this morning I've moved onto the Main Board and started with the corner next to the door so that I can work my way along that side.

Don't look the other way.

:O

attachicon.gifCorner 1 002.JPG

I SAID DON'T LOOK THE OTHER WAY, DIDN'T I! :no:  :no:  :no: 

I'm staggered that you saw fit to copy my layout area! 

Edited by PeterBB

You really do not muck around.

I would love to be on a fly on the wall in TOPS sometimes - it must be surreal watching you in action.

I now have to wait for that to Dry out mate, so a FRUSTRATING couple of Days, still I might have a clean up and run some Trains later, hahaha.

37 401 on the canal bridge is a brilliant scene. You may bodge it, but you can't half bodge it well!

Paul.

Thanks very much Paul, If it were to be posed properly and the Camera on the Tripod with the Timer, I could get some super images like that, I'm sure, and with the variety of Stock I have from Steam through the Green Diesel period and Blue into Railfreight I can see many similar images appearing on these pages over the coming years.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

Andy, that light from under the canal bridge is very effective. It brings the scene to life nicely.

Thanks John, I was tempted to open the hole in the backscene a little more but I now think there is just enough light coming through to be effective.

I quite like the 56 trundling across the Dore Waterway.

Thanks Clive, I do like the Railfreight Liveries, It's bright and clean looking, and the 56 has to be one of my favourites.

My problem is that when I put the Steam stuff on the Layout, I love it, then the same for the Green / Maroon Western Period, and as I started getting into Railways, real and model in 1977, I love the Blue period as well.

Now looking at the latest pics, and also the 2 x Railfreight Videos, I now see that I can get the small Canon Camera into areas that I couldn't with the larger Fuji. This has highlighted the fact that I need to paint the far side of the Rails that I wouldn't normally see. So another job to look at in the future.

• Like 1

Yes, Andy one can get caught out when only painting one side of the rails. And doing the other side is rather a pain. Maybe just on a selective basis?

Or just don't, many do. Few seem to comment on it.

I agree John, but to me now, it just doesn't look right being shinny, I will only do the areas  that can be photographed, also the Platform  at Dore End, the back one is done as that can be easily seen.

• RMweb Gold

Great painting demo Andy but I shall be left with a blank bit on the left hand side now  :nono:  Really useful. I would be interested on how you would go about it if there is a big mountain in the view like these.

post-8525-0-16231000-1427562546_thumb.jpg

post-8525-0-94437600-1424508622_thumb.jpg

Don

• Like 2

Great painting demo Andy but I shall be left with a blank bit on the left hand side now  :nono:  Really useful. I would be interested on how you would go about it if there is a big mountain in the view like these.

Don

Hi Don, Thanks, but didn't you watch the Video to the end? it shows the the left hand side completed after sorting out the Battery problem, PLUS the 2 x close ups at the end. 

I've sketched out your Barmouth one to have a go at later, although I won't be including the Bridge, or so many Boats, my painting is very basic, so that's beyond me, hahah

The early Backscenes were a bit to Green, but I've learn't a lot since then, the style is now the same but with more muted colours.

If you click on any image you will get a better view.

Here is a pic from Glen Roy, painted about 2010 / so 7 years ago

post-9335-0-57555200-1501916174_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-40865600-1501916182_thumb.jpg

And Glenfinick in N Gauge painted in 2013.

post-9335-0-45282100-1501916383_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-27817900-1501916522_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-84502300-1501916745_thumb.jpg

And Loch Leven in 2012.

post-9335-0-83029700-1501916961_thumb.jpg

And a couple of Paintings, firstly in Acrylics.

post-9335-0-20124600-1501917211_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-88259800-1501917360_thumb.jpg

And Watercolour.

post-9335-0-84956300-1501917670_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 9

Bob / 86250 86902 and Peter BB came around this afternoon for a 4 hour running session, here's part 1 of the Video with Bob's Colas 47, and Peter's Merchant Navy and Class 20 both with TTS Sound.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Hi Don, Thanks, but didn't you watch the Video to the end? it shows the the left hand side completed after sorting out the Battery problem, PLUS the 2 x close ups at the end. 

I've sketched out your Barmouth one to have a go at later, although I won't be including the Bridge, or so many Boats, my painting is very basic, so that's beyond me, hahah

The early Backscenes were a bit to Green, but I've learn't a lot since then, the style is now the same but with more muted colours.

If you click on any image you will get a better view.

Here is a pic from Glen Roy, painted about 2010 / so 7 years ago

attachicon.gifBarrow Hill 2012 Sep 22nd 23 rd 003.JPG

attachicon.gifBarrow Hill 2012 Sep 22nd 23 rd 023.JPG

And Glenfinick in N Gauge painted in 2013.

attachicon.gifGlenfinick June 2013 013.JPG

attachicon.gifGlenfinick June 2013 124.JPG

attachicon.gifGlenfinick June 2013 037.JPG

And Loch Leven in 2012.

attachicon.gif225.jpg

And a couple of Paintings, firstly in Acrylics.

attachicon.gifPaintings Sep Oct 001.JPG

attachicon.gifSVR 128.JPG

And Watercolour.

attachicon.gifWatercolour Aug Sep 2016 015.JPG

Hi Andy

The mountains on Glen Roy  are great but them rozzers are in the wrong uniform, they should have Tartan McTartan bands around their caps, not helmets.