Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

Hello Andrew

Can I make a little suggestion, no more pubs but a cafe for those of us who do not drink alcohol.

I agree mate, also as a none drinker,  there will be no more Pubs, at this end of the Layout, next I hope will be the Lane and maybe a Farmhouse.

• Like 2

Out with the Paint Brushes, and done some more work on the Trees along the back. Unfortunately the Flash in the Camera has picked up some wet paint in some of the pics.

post-9335-0-45907800-1502195794_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-64466800-1502195811_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-95851700-1502195828_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-78970300-1502195847_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-22215800-1502195865_thumb.jpg

Back on with the weathering jobs again after Lunch.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 11

In the Backscene Painting Demo Video, Post #1308, I clearly said that you ONLY USE ONE GREEN and then lighten or darken as required, you can see in the pic below, (on the left, and behind the Signal Box), what happens when you DON'T follow your own rules, I had added some representation of Trees with the Green Floor Paint, and now it sticks out like a sore thumb. It's not actually apparent to the naked eye, but will clearly need some further work to correct it.

post-9335-0-20615700-1502197573_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-82612200-1502197916_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Heyup mate, you're flying with this, aren't you!

The hump makes a big difference to the top of the embankment, it didn't look right before but is spot on now.

I confess I had to look twice before I got what you meant about the different greens, I suppose it sticks out more for you, but I'm sure you've probably sorted it already :)

As George said earlier, it is obvious you are really happy with this layout, and it's great to see.

Al.

Heyup mate, you're flying with this, aren't you!

The hump makes a big difference to the top of the embankment, it didn't look right before but is spot on now.

I confess I had to look twice before I got what you meant about the different greens, I suppose it sticks out more for you, but I'm sure you've probably sorted it already :)

As George said earlier, it is obvious you are really happy with this layout, and it's great to see.

Al.

Thanks Al, you can never get two different greens to look right in nature, ask any great Landscape Painter.

I can't believe how quick it's coming together, and really enjoying it.

I've been doing weathering jobs for the last 2 days, and keep doing the bit's on the Layout you've seen, between coats of paint, so I can't keep away from it.

• Like 1

Andy don't forget the railway fence at the top of the cutting and any you might need at the bottom of any embankments you might have.

Thanks Alan, I thought I had 2 more packs of Fencing but apparently not, I shall be picking them up from the Local Model Shop tomorrow, along with some more Cotswold Walling and other bits that I need.

The Fence will run along the top, as on this pic I found on Charwelton, this Layout and in particular this pic also inspired the cutting.

post-9335-0-33792400-1502208326.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 11

Excellent work on the Back scenes Andy. Very impressive.

Really coming to life now.

Regards

John

Thanks John, Good to hear from you, every little helps as they say, and each day brings new challenges, but also big rewards in terms of getting what I want from the Layout.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

Snap

I've seen one of these before!!!!

Ow now I remember you sold it to me earlier in the year

Thanks again Dan

Snap

I've seen one of these before!!!!

Ow now I remember you sold it to me earlier in the year

Thanks again Dan

Don't remind me TWICE Dan hahhaha, and if I remember rightly, didn't that one have Sound!

Cheers.

Don't remind me TWICE Dan hahhaha, and if I remember rightly, didn't that one have Sound!

Cheers.

Yes it did mate. Believe it or not I didn't mean to post it twice.

The scenery is looking great as was the back scene vid.

Dan

Yes it did mate. Believe it or not I didn't mean to post it twice.

The scenery is looking great as was the back scene vid.

Dan

Thanks Dan, I knew you weren't rubbing it, :no:  hahhaha.

Glad you liked the Backscene Video.

Thanks.

Andy the scenery is creeping around the corner I see looks excellent my good friend ...Clun Castle looks the business  too  :sungum: Still got the magic touch that's for certain fantastic work excellent 

Thanks Martin, but what time of morning is this then? :no:  :no: hahha, busy on Chester Northgate, or just playing Trains? :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:

That Hornby Castle sounds like it's missing a cylinder!

Proper Castles purr:  

Yes it's Hornbys sound rendition from about 2012, as I said, when shunting around the yard it sounds good / better, I'll include that in a Video again soon.

• Like 1

A nice video Andy - good to see a proper engine on Kings Morton again after the procession of lawn mowers  :onthequiet:

Thanks Andy, shame it sounds like grated sandpaper when at speed, it was a bargain from your Local FRIENDLY Model Shop, hahahha. :sungum:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Andy, shame it sounds like grated sandpaper when at speed, it was a bargain from your Local FRIENDLY Model Shop, hahahha. :sungum:

Back in the 70s, I had a Hornby Princess Elizabeth which had a piece of brass on one of the tender axles which scraped on a sheet of sandpaper to make a chuffing noise...

It sounded just like that...

Now it takes a 100 quid's worth of electronics to produce the same noise...

Progress, hey?

Al.

Edited by acg_mr
  • Like 2