Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

Is anyone going to the Milton Keynes Show tomorrow?

I've never been to this one before and so I'm hoping it'll be a good one, there's a good selection of Layouts, and as far as I can see, there are none there that I've seen before. There's also some good Traders attending.

It seem's strange that it's not in the Exhibition Diary on here though.

Never heard of this show Andy sounds interesting bit too short notice for me this year but will look forward to your report . Whilst you there a visit to this famous attraction might give you some modelling inspiration  :jester:

post-5136-0-36209100-1502441795.jpg

Have a good day and I'm sure you'll find a Weatherspoons for breakfast !!!!!!!

Is anyone going to the Milton Keynes Show tomorrow?

I've never been to this one before and so I'm hoping it'll be a good one, there's a good selection of Layouts, and as far as I can see, there are none there that I've seen before. There's also some good Traders attending.

It seem's strange that it's not in the Exhibition Diary on here though.

Never heard of this show Andy sounds interesting bit too short notice for me this year but will look forward to your report . Whilst you there a visit to this famous attraction might give you some modelling inspiration  :jester:

attachicon.gif_concrete cows (500x269).jpg

I picked a flyer up at a recent show and I'm still trying to decide whether to make the trek or not!

post-31973-0-65658100-1502447541.jpg

Simon

• Like 3

attachicon.gif_concrete cows (500x269).jpg

Weatherspoons, :O naaaaaaaaaaa I'm on a diet, hahahh. :no:  but I might just manage a Bacon Cob once where inside. :nono:  :nono: hahah

DCC Sound is reliant on several factors.

1, Your own interpretation of how YOU think the Loco should sound.

2, The Track / Ballast / Baseboard the Model is running on.

3, The Quality of the recording equipment, i.e. the cameras Microphone.

4, The quality of the Speakers the Sound is being played back through, i.e. your Computer etc.

• Like 2

Hi Andy yes I shall be going to the Silver Fox show with a couple of mates looks a reasonable spread of layouts should arrive about midday will look out for you.

Good one, we will be there from 10am, I'll be a quarter of Four, accompanied by, Peter BB from on here, BIG John, (you can't miss him), and our friend Mike that used to do the Shows with me when I was exhibiting, Unfortunately Mike now has quite bad Altimeters, but we always try to try to take him along, as he starts to remember things, and I feel it not only helps him, but gives his Wife a break as well.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Whilst waiting for the New Video to Download, I've modified and fitted the Ratio Distant Signal, removing the Spectacle Plate and fixing the Arm to the Post, thanks to the ever helpful Mike, The Stationmaster.

I hope you don't mind me posting a photo of a (G)WR fixed distant.  Feel free to ignore my signal rivet counting.

post-27044-0-50151800-1502461158_thumb.jpg

This one is on the bracket at the Birmingham end of Shrub Hill station.  You will see that the lamp is different to a standard lamp in that it has a yellow lens.  Also there is no back light blinder behind the lamp (as the signal will never clear).  So if you still can, you might want to remove the blinder from your signal.  (One can just be made out on the back of the signal in the background - I can see it , but that's 'cos I know what I'm looking for.)

Paul.

Edited to remove double post.

Edited by 5BarVT
  • Like 1

I hope you don't mind me posting a photo of a (G)WR fixed distant.  Feel free to ignore my signal rivet counting.

attachicon.gifWOS Bracket.jpg

This one is on the bracket at the Birmingham end of Shrub Hill station.  You will see that the lamp is different to a standard lamp in that it has a yellow lens.  Also there is no back light blinder behind the lamp (as the signal will never clear).  So if you still can, you might want to remove the blinder from your signal.  (One can just be made out on the back of the signal in the background - I can see it , but that's 'cos I know what I'm looking for.)

Paul.

Edited to remove double post.

Thanks Paul, all info is GOOD info, I will paint the Lamp Black with an Orange Glow / Lens, but I can't see what the Blinder is and so I'm going to leave that. It's the only Fixed Distant on the Layout, all the rest / 5 to go in are normal Red / up and down / working things.

EDIT = Just had a look at mine, and now I see what you mean, and I also need to paint out the Black band near to the post.

Edited by Andrew P

• RMweb Gold

I'm sorry to say, Andy but that Patriot doesn't sound good at all. At points it sounded like a 2 cylinder. The CVs definitely need tweaking, but I guess it's more due to a poor generic recording.

I'm sorry to say, Andy but that Patriot doesn't sound good at all. At points it sounded like a 2 cylinder. The CVs definitely need tweaking, but I guess it's more due to a poor generic recording.

On my mates / Jeff / Binny's Layout which is a 12 ft Depot, it sounds and performs superb, because it's just moving at a sedate pace.

• RMweb Premium

Having a bad interwebything problem I am a bit behind with things.

A Castle class loco did have four cylinders arranged so the outside left and inside right worked together and at a quarter stroke difference was the inside left and outside right. So the beats per revolution were 4 as two cylinders were exhausting at the same time. So will sound like a two cylinder loco.

The Lord Nelsons were arranged that the four cylinders worked interdependently giving 8 bets per-revolution.

A Castle class loco did have four cylinders arranged so the outside left and inside right worked together and at a quarter stroke difference was the inside left and outside right. So the beats per revolution were 4 as two cylinders were exhausting at the same time. So will sound like a two cylinder loco.

The Lord Nelsons were arranged that the four cylinders worked interdependently giving 8 bets per-revolution.

So Young Clive, what your saying, is that it's almost right then.

BTW If you now live in the Wilderness how do you expect to have Internet as well as the Wildlife. :stinker:  :beee:  :beee:

• RMweb Premium

So Young Clive, what your saying, is that it's almost right then.

BTW If you now live in the Wilderness how do you expect to have Internet as well as the Wildlife. :stinker:  :beee:  :beee:

Mr P

No need to be rude about our new neighbours. :nono: :nono:

In fact we are supposed to get super fast infinity fiber broadband, on the 2nd August. :scratchhead: BT, bless their cotton socks, sodded things up twice so we might get it on 23rd August. :scared:

Mr P

No need to be rude about our new neighbours. :nono: :nono:

In fact we are supposed to get super fast infinity fiber broadband, on the 2nd August. :scratchhead: BT, bless their cotton socks, sodded things up twice so we might get it on 23rd August. :scared:

We had  Super Fast BT Fiber Optic at our last place, it was S L O W E R than our old Cable one we have here.

As for the neighbours, well  :sungum:

• Like 1

Andy

I'll keep an eye out for you at the show. I'm hoping to be in the queue at opening time.

Hopefully I'll spot you as well Ray. 

what did you look like again? :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  yes, I do remember. :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

We had  Super Fast BT Fiber Optic at our last place, it was S L O W E R than our old Cable one we have here.

As for the neighbours, well  :sungum:

A lot of people down here are finding the same when they get connected to our new National Broadband Network. We're still on cable fortunately, for another year or so.

Hi, is what you say about the Castle beats true also of Kings?

Edited by BWsTrains