Boxer Bay Railway - 16' x 9' Roundy

boxerbayrailway

• RMweb Premium

Great to see some images Felix. While reading the into I glanced at the top of the first picture and wondered why you were posting pictures of real buildings!

Regards Shaun.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Great to see some images Felix. While reading the into I glanced at the top of the first picture and wondered why you were posting pictures of real buildings!

Regards Shaun.

Thank You Shaun,  

I do enjoy making structures,  loads of fun,  and not too complex after hard days work.  With work being so busy I've

had little time to dive into rolling stock construction.  I'm itching to get started on a loco kit that's been on the shelf for 

8 months now.  Promising myself I'll make a start this week.   How are things with you ?  I hear you've been doing some

electrical wiring on the complex junction.   

Cheers,

Felix

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, boxerbayrailway said:

Thank You Shaun,  

I do enjoy making structures,  loads of fun,  and not too complex after hard days work.  With work being so busy I've

had little time to dive into rolling stock construction.  I'm itching to get started on a loco kit that's been on the shelf for 

8 months now.  Promising myself I'll make a start this week.   How are things with you ?  I hear you've been doing some

electrical wiring on the complex junction.   

Cheers,

Felix

Hi mate.

Like you I've never been so busy. I'm taking a day off today after building steps for a neighbor, a fire wood shed for us and fixing the in ground watering system. Layout is back together and I'm looking forward to installing the cabinets I made under it and some scenic work for the castle! My other layout is up and running too. You're welcome to see it if you're over this way and have time of course. 

We can also fix you up with any O scale lumber you might need for structure work etc.

Regards Shaun. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 31/05/2022 at 08:57, Sasquatch said:

My other layout is up and running too. You're welcome to see it if you're over this way and have time of course. 

We can also fix you up with any O scale lumber you might need for structure work etc.

Regards Shaun. 

Thanks for the offer Shaun,  I could use some scale lumber,  I'll figure out what I need & let you know.   

Due to work I haven't been over your way for awhile,  but I'm hoping to sometime soon.  It would 

be nice to visit again,   Cheers,   Felix

Edited by boxerbayrailway
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

One nice thing about this hobby, it does not have to be expensive.  Back a few years ago when I first started the layout,  I came across a set of 3 Ratio / Peco signal kits at a local show,  $5 for all 3.   I know there are nice RTR signals but the price is around £50 each.  The first one has been built & installed.  A neat fun challenge.  Now onto the next little project,  never a dull moment.

spacer.png

spacer.png

IMG_7241.thumb.JPG.799db25aee03767aea709e3e883ba444.JPG

Edited by boxerbayrailway
  • Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1