Boxer Bay Railway - 16' x 9' Roundy

boxerbayrailway

On 30/12/2023 at 20:47, boxerbayrailway said:

Most kind of you John.  It's my first real attempt at a layout that has made it this far, I'm enjoying the journey.

I've had a quick look over Canterbury Road,  picked up a few tips from your post regarding the dock wall construction.

Something that I'm about to tackle on my dock area.  Your layout is a neat design,  I like it.  Will follow with interest.

Best wishes for the New Year from Oregon,

Felix

Don't know how I missed your comment on my efforts Felix. Thank you. Hope your dock wall goes well. I look forward to seeing the results. 

• Like 1

A new year,  a new wagon project.  It's been quite a while since I've built any rolling stock for the railway,  and I've missed it.  For a Winter project I selected the MM1 models (former JLTRT range I believe) Midland Railway 20' 6" single plank resin / white metal wagon kit,  ref # PWW1.   This kit has been sitting on the shelf for years,  time has come to enjoy it.  I like the variety in goods wagons,  and this ones longer length will break up the string of standard wagon lengths nicely,  plus an opportunity for an interesting load,  perhaps a boiler or a ....... ?

spacer.png

• Like 11

• 1 month later...

GWR 45xx Prairie got a run this weekend with the branch goods. Such a lovely model by Dapol. Hard to believe models this

nice are now available in O,  and not much more expensive then some of the OO stuff !   A couple favorite wagons in the mix,

including a scratchbuilt LBSC van from 1977,  and the typical Peco GWR van which was one of my first kits many years ago.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

Great to have you visit the other day my friend😀. It was nice to actually have the trains running this time. The weather is on the change which means I'll be able to get cracking with some new baseboards and hopefully next time you come we'll be able to really get the layout working properly. I'll be glad when the day arrives when I don't have to deal with firewood! The other day I was chopping "madrone" and mis-judged my aim with the axe. A sizable chunk flew off the chopping stump and landed on my big toe joint. Corner first😩. That put a hold on the Queensbury scenic push!

Anyway, I was looking back over your thread and must admit to not paying attention last time I checked in.

IMG_0444.JPG.13042935049dc48c5f54ecb1ee3b6a66.JPGThis is a very interesting triplet of wagons and very well constructed I should add.

Brake van #35 is very intriguing, no doubt it's a kit but a very good choice for the BBR. I've got a thing for a more obscure brake van type!

The 6 plank is one of my favorites. A real appealing classic. Which brings us to the refrigerator.

Not your common type. I suspect that the BBR haven't the funds to construct their own and why should they without any outgoing traffic! So chilled goods had to brought in in other company's vans. The LMS were alone in building unfitted fridge vans. The other big four companies went to the extent of painting theirs in white and cream. This livery, to my eye never looks good on models unless it's heavily weathered. I left a book of LMS stock by Essary back in Belgium. If I ever get over there, I'll retrieve it for you, it has O scale drawings!

Again, a great model!

How about a fresh milled lumber load for that bolster wagon🤣. As long as it's not b....y madrone!!!!

Regards Shaun.     

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 11/03/2024 at 10:20, Sasquatch said:

Great to have you visit the other day my friend😀. It was nice to actually have the trains running this time. The weather is on the change which means I'll be able to get cracking with some new baseboards and hopefully next time you come we'll be able to really get the layout working properly. I'll be glad when the day arrives when I don't have to deal with firewood! The other day I was chopping "madrone" and mis-judged my aim with the axe. A sizable chunk flew off the chopping stump and landed on my big toe joint. Corner first😩. That put a hold on the Queensbury scenic push!

It was a fun visit,  you have a superb railway,  can't wait until my next visit.  I've taken your suggestion and have finished my load for the LMS bolster wagon.  Here's a photo of the finished wagon.  One of the things I enjoy most about modelling in O is building wagons.  I must move up and work on a loco kit soon,  if only time will allow !  Sorry to hear of the madrone incident, ouch.  It'll be nice to be out of Winter and have some sunshine.  You are always welcome to visit the BBR.  I hope to put the lumber you gave me to good use tomorrow !

Cheers,  Felix

8.JPG.a5332fc08b7756db31c1bdab450f67dc.JPG

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

A new project in the form of a Connoisseur Models 2 axle coach kit,  my first etched brass kit in a decade +,  relearning the art of soldering,  lots of fun,  as typical with Jim's kits,  superb instructions,  well designed and fun kit to build - so far.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Also been working on the dock wall at Boxer Bay.   Tons to do,  but it's starting to look like,  something anyways :)

spacer.png

All for now.

• Like 13
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1