Boxer Bay Railway - 16' x 9' Roundy

boxerbayrailway

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, boxerbayrailway said:

Oops,  forgot to post this short video I made of the excellent Dapol 45xx,  a superb model I just couldn't resist getting.

Hope everyone had a nice holiday & best wishes for '23.

Absolutely beautiful. Must get over there to visit you and see Boxer Bay in the flesh.

Merry Christmas Felix, from our house to yours, wishing you a very happy new year.

Regards Shaun. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 26/12/2022 at 14:47, Sasquatch said:

Absolutely beautiful. Must get over there to visit you and see Boxer Bay in the flesh.

Merry Christmas Felix, from our house to yours, wishing you a very happy new year.

Regards Shaun. 

Welcome anytime Shaun.

Just a word of caution,  be careful not to look too closely at O scale,  as sometimes one can catch this disease

and never go back.  It's a very contagiousness thing.  Don't say I didn't warn you 😜   See you in '23 ~  Cheers mate

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Josie's kind of cute! Does the colonel have any involvement in the running of things or is he just a frequent traveler on the line?

Happy New Year my friend.

Regards Shaun.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/12/2022 at 23:38, Sasquatch said:

Josie's kind of cute! Does the colonel have any involvement in the running of things or is he just a frequent traveler on the line?

Yep,  Col. Stephens keeps a close eye on the management of the BBR.  I like to believe it's one of his railways

that breaks even more often then being in the red :)   As long as we keep getting the Baltic timber.

A new major structure has been completed,  and ready to be "planted"  onto the railway.  The Thomas Farm,  which consists of the main cottage & stables.  A few ancillary buildings will be added in time.  The basic shell is from Petite Properties, suitably detailed.  These kits make great starters to make up buildings a little quicker then complete scratchbuilding.   I hope to start growing the farm in the next fortnight.  Spring is coming.  Happy harvesting ;)

P.S.  Josie is cute.  She is the model that got me back into O.  Otherwise I was heading into OO S&D territory.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by boxerbayrailway
  • Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 1 month later...

Not much time available for the hobby of late.  I have managed to build a couple CR / LMS bolster wagons.

The pair now awaits painting, lettering, weathering,  and loading !  The white metal is perfect for this type of wagon,

giving them good weight.  Nice quick kits from Taff Vale Models,  fun to build.  (No connection)

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sunday snap.   A goods train heads from Windrush Junction to Boxer Bay,  including a couple bolster wagons which were recently finished.  They're headed to the docks to pickup some timber from a coastal ship.  The sheep take no notice of the passing train.

spacer.png

• Like 10
  • Round of applause 3

Drifting round the high street,  never know whatchas gonna sees.

I must chat to Alain about my magneto !  It's a foreign job.  He'll know what's what.

spacer.png

Where the bl**dy hells the post ?   Blooming postman chatting up nurse Georgina again,  I'll wring his neck !

spacer.png

• Like 11

• 3 weeks later...

The GWR Easter Special service arrives at Windrush Junction.  The sight of so many 6 wheeled coaches raised a few eyebrows.

Not a typical sight for the local train spotters,  so accustomed to the standard auto coach & 48xx.

spacer.png

The village florist Pretty Petals was doing good trade for the Easter holiday.

spacer.png

• Like 11
  • Round of applause 1

• 4 weeks later...

A fun afternoon playing trains. BBR #8 "Hilda", Ex Midland Railway 1F, shunts the goods yard
at Windrush Junction. One of our bargain acquisitions for the railway, she was all of £75.
She's been running great since the worm gear was swapped out.  A Brief B&W film was "discovered".

spacer.png

• Like 11

• 1 month later...

Peckett perfect 😉 Haven't featured the excellent Minerva Peckett for awhile. I really need to finish this model for
the BBR, with lettering, nameplate, crew, & of course, weathering !  I'm still contemplating going crazy and hacking
the back cab off, opening up the footplate. We will see. In the meantime, here she is, shunting a single LMS refrigerator
wagon into Gordon's Brewery.   All for now, Felix.   ( Note to self : must get point rodding installed soon )

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...

Just a couple quick old photos showing "Niki" with branch goods & the 45xx with the branch passenger.

Not much progress due to work & gardening activities. Got a huge list of things to crack on with,  from making new

& improved tress to starting major work on the dock & station area of Boxer Bay.  The railway will Never be finished,  thankfully ;)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Looking as grand as ever Felix. I must get over to the coast and visit you soon. It's about time I saw BBR in the flesh!

As a side note, I noticed that not only do you have some Petite Properties kits on BBR but you also made a flower shop from the double fronted shop. Under no circumstances was I copying you, it's just a case of modelers thinking alike! It does make the perfect flower shop!!

Regards Shaun.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

As a side note, I noticed that not only do you have some Petite Properties kits on BBR but you also made a flower shop from the double fronted shop. Under no circumstances was I copying you, it's just a case of modelers thinking alike! It does make the perfect flower shop!!

Regards Shaun.

I thought it was a funny coincidence,  as you say modelers thinking alike :)   Although that is not quite right, as my idea came from my Mum,  when asked in what way she would like to have a presence on the layout.   I enjoy personalizing, have a few friends in the village,  pets,  and I have a few names in mind for PO wagons,  which I'll need to figure out how to do stenciling.

You're most welcome to come on over for a visit.  Just give a heads up as I'm on-call some weekends,  but I'm sure we can arrange a time.    Cheers, Felix

P.S.  I agree, the Petite Prop line of starter kits & other details they make are fantastic,  reasonably priced too.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Holy cow,  I haven't posted anything on here since July !  My how time goes by.  Work has kept me from doing much.

The village market is slowly being added,  some market stalls,  baskets of apples and potatoes have been made up.

Lots still to do.  A few photos showing GWR branch trains departing.  Need to get the Dean Goods re-painted & lettered.

Hoping to get a lot more done on the railway this coming Winter season.   Ta Ta

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 13

• 4 weeks later...
On 19/11/2023 at 19:23, GRASinBothell said:

Is that a Dinky phone box?

S and D Models do a nice market stall in the Phoenix Models range, plus a selection of fruit and vegetables  in baskets or trays, should you wish to speed things up. Mind you, my market has also included the Woodland Scenics farmers market set....

Gordon

You got it Gordon,  it is indeed a Dinky phone box.  One of these days I'll get around to replacing it with a proper one,  but I happen to have it in my collection of vintage Dinky toys,  so why not use it as a place holder :)    Thanks for the info on the Phoenix market stalls,  I'll have a look into those.    In the meantime,  here's an updated view of the village market,  with a few figures added,  carts from Petite Prop. utilizing vegetable crates from MiniArt (1/35),  and cast white metal baskets from Skytrex.  Good fun,  but I'm ready to get back to building some rolling stock !   All the best.

Felix

spacer.png

• Like 12

14 hours ago, Fishplate said:

Have just read through your topic over a couple of days. What a lovely layout. Looking forward to seeing more.

Most kind of you John.  It's my first real attempt at a layout that has made it this far, I'm enjoying the journey.

I've had a quick look over Canterbury Road,  picked up a few tips from your post regarding the dock wall construction.

Something that I'm about to tackle on my dock area.  Your layout is a neat design,  I like it.  Will follow with interest.

Best wishes for the New Year from Oregon,

Felix

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

First month gone already,  where does the time go ?   Just a few photos I've taken this month.  It's funny,  at one time

I was so taken with the idea of timetable operations etc... and now I'm just happy to run some trains after a long day at work !

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 12