RevolutioN Announce IWA Holdall Vans and Timber Carriers in N Gauge

MGR Hooper!

On 28/02/2022 at 08:59, Steadfast said:

@davepallantthe one stanchion I've had a play with seemed to be held on with a strong but rubbery glue. There is a pip in a hole where the stanchion meets the chassis, if you very gently try to wobble the stanchion left and right, rotating about the mounting point, you'll feel the glue become weaker and eventually the stanchion becomes very wobbly.

Jo

I must have chosen the most difficult one to try first! I have the hang of it now. Wobble the stanchion back and forth a little bit to get a couple of nice little cracking sounds and then grasp it right at the bottom and pull it outwards off of the chassis while still wobbling. The biggest problem pulling them off was being careful not to catch an adjacent one with your hand and bend it. Once I got going it only took half an hour or so to take off half the blue stanchions off of my 10 wagons. Now need to fit the red ones. Will give it a try with Roket Card glue rather than PVA since they should set in place quicker.

Will probably leave weathering until the future of the bogies and wheels are decided.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, davepallant said:

I must have chosen the most difficult one to try first! I have the hang of it now. Wobble the stanchion back and forth a little bit to get a couple of nice little cracking sounds and then grasp it right at the bottom and pull it outwards off of the chassis while still wobbling. The biggest problem pulling them off was being careful not to catch an adjacent one with your hand and bend it. Once I got going it only took half an hour or so to take off half the blue stanchions off of my 10 wagons. Now need to fit the red ones. Will give it a try with Roket Card glue rather than PVA since they should set in place quicker.

Will probably leave weathering until the future of the bogies and wheels are decided.

Glad to be of help Dave. I'm trying to decide whether to do mine on Saturday at the Swindon show. Seems a nice simple project to work on. I'm planning a mix of stanchion positions across my four based on photos of the real things. Need to get some NGS wagons to go with them.

Jo

• 1 month later...

Good morning Revolution Trains. 

Do you have any further news for your customers regarding the bogie/axle issue with your IWA wagons, please?  It's been quite a while since the issue was raised but the subject doesn't seem to come up.  I would have expected a newsletter-style email to have been sent out, if only to keep the likes of myself, with static models, in the picture, but alas, nothing.  Could you please advise?

Faithfully awaiting any update, or preferably, new axles.

Cheers, Paul.

• Like 1