Message - PECO Website Domain Has Been Suspended

OFFTHE RAILS

1 minute ago, Mallard60022 said:

I have a clockwork PC and I just found Peco's Website with zero issues. What's the problem or is this the way 2022 is going to be another year with folk moaning and whinging? 

Life is too short, get on with it.

P

The website was telling people it was fraudulent and your data may be at risk.

Might be worth reading rather than just wading in.....

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

I have a clockwork PC and I just found Peco's Website with zero issues. What's the problem or is this the way 2022 is going to be another year with folk moaning and whinging? 

P

The only person whinging here is you..whinging about non-existent whinging of other users.

If you actually read the thread you'll see we had an interesting and even entertaining discussion about a potentially serious technical issue with the site. We eventually found the cause and I've posted the solution.

You appear not to have contributed anything much ;)

Edited by AndrueC

• RMweb Gold

The internet is a very complicated living machine and one consequence of that on the current issues is that different people will get different results when visiting the site, depending on what browser they use, when they last visited, what their ISP is doing, what Peco are doing, etc., etc...

As @AndrueC said there are some caches involved - places where the names "peco-uk.com" and "peco.co.uk" are stored and matched to the address of the computer(s) that run the web site. Some of those caches seem to have duff information in them at the moment. Unless you know what you're doing all you can do is wait for them to be refreshed with the correct information.

• Like 2

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

P

There was a problem, some people are still having a problem. For some the problem has resolved. 

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

For thosing still having problems it might en an idea to flush your DNS cache. In Windows start a command prompt in Windows  and type ipconfig /flushdns

Edited by Vistisen

• RMweb Premium

About 5 mins ago I tried to connect to Peco website and got the certificate error.

After doing a ping of peco-uk.com there was the error and wrong address and timeout, I did a ping of peco.co.uk and got an error (and different wrong address)

Did a ping of peco-uk.com again and got no error (now with the correct address)

Went back to the website and it's OK now all in a matter of a couple of minutes.

No problems at Ty Wombat getting through to Peco.  As for the site I find it OK, but there again I enjoy solving logic problems...

The summary seems to be some parts of the internet are having temporary issues which can be fixed, but Peco appears to be still running and trading.

• Like 1