Hi Everyone. 

Well after what's been a very tough few years, moving, illness, losing my dad etc I now have decided to make a really small layout. 

It's going to roughly 1 foot long by 8 inches wide, a shed used by a small group of enthusiastic railway buffs who have decided to set up a very small railway to show of their collection of railway items. 

These enthusiastic folk are also interested in classic vehicles so there will be a space at the front to display their collection. 

It is still very much in the planning stages but a start will be made soon.

Jerry.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, 33C said:

Great idea, run and display what you like! 

Indeed, The Front display area will just go on the front, be grassed over and the vehicles placed how I feel when operating.

Jerry.

5 minutes ago, Jerry1975 said:

Indeed, The Front display area will just go on the front, be grassed over and the vehicles placed how I feel when operating.

Jerry.

If you used a drawer, stood on it's shorter end, backed with sky paper, you could display 'planes as well!

Edited by 33C
Missing letter.
  • Informative/Useful 1

13 hours ago, 33C said:

If you used a drawer, stood on it's shorter end, backed with sky paper, you could display 'planes as well!

Great idea, thanks,  I will certainly give that some thought. 

Jerry. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

Hi Everyone. 

I've been out enjoying the lovely sunshine this morning and a start has been made.

20220518_115850.jpg.932b5fe831728a4e778cacf5c0ba3e63.jpg

I took the lid and front of a bread bin which I'm using for this project, I have also cut a whole in the side for the exit to the small fiddle yard. 

I was marking out areas and seeing what will fit ( not a lot it turns out ). 

More soon.

Jerry.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, 33C said:

Crumbs! Great start! 😀

I wondered when the puns would start 😄, just waiting for a bakers dozen more.

I'm going to source a low relief engine shed front, one on ebay looks promising. 

Jerry. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

57 minutes ago, Jerry1975 said:

I wondered when the puns would start 😄, just waiting for a bakers dozen more.

I'm going to source a low relief engine shed front, one on ebay looks promising. 

Jerry. 

Why not print off a photo of one, in triplicate, and then mount on cereal box card using the decoupage method to give depth?

• Informative/Useful 1

12 hours ago, 33C said:

Why not print off a photo of one, in triplicate, and then mount on cereal box card using the decoupage method to give depth?

I have ordered a kit from Ebay,  at £5 it saves me making one but I will keep your idea in mind for any future projects. 

Jerry. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marc smith said:

Well this is a rather "different" idea and approach @Jerry1975nice! :) 

I'm looking forward to seeing some progress on it - so no loafing around...... groan.... I'll get my coat

Thanks Marc.

I just wanted a little layout to work on and somewhere to show my collection of vehicles,  also something different from my usual layouts. 

I must Roll up my sleeves as I Kneed to do some more to the layout. 

Jerry. 

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

On 19/05/2022 at 12:16, The Bandit said:

Looking forward to seeing your progress Jerry. It was your earlier micros that got me into them and as a result I have produced two in the last two years.

Thanks The Bandit.

I'm glad you like my efforts and they inspired you. 

Today I didn't really do much to the layout other than place track on it and then seeing what will fit where. 

20220520_181146.jpg.f79cbbe96241c35228598cb0680f4c65.jpg

The little loco is the blue CR 0-4-0 by Hornby and was an absolute bargain at £2 from a car boot sale and it runs great 😁

More soon.

Jerry. 

Edited by Jerry1975
Spelling mistakes
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jerry1975 said:

Thanks The Bandit.

I'm glad you like my efforts and they inspired you. 

Today I didn't really do much to the layout other than place track on it and then seeing what will fit where. 

20220520_181146.jpg.f79cbbe96241c35228598cb0680f4c65.jpg

The little loco is the blue CR 0-4-0 by Hornby and was an absolute bargain at £2 from a car boot sale and it runs great 😁

More soon.

Jerry. 

This is "bread and butter" modelling! Your "rising" to the challenge...... "Roll" on! Is it "yeastern" region? I'm L,oven it!     

Sorry. 😬

• Funny 1

Hi Everyone. 

Just a quick helicopter view of the layout showing where I plan to put things. 

20220521_080753.jpg.4d66accb3f662434ad76054f4161c700.jpg

I'm just awaiting the arrival of some kits and then I can get building proper. 

Jerry.

• Like 6

As you have quite high sides, why not have a high level as well? On a viaduct structure like Liverpool Overhead or Hornby's iron ore loader? Even more room to display stuff!

• Like 2

Hi Everyone. 

A quick photo showing an idea I have for the layout:

20220522_193317.jpg.59e50e4b59abbc2627136de1ae14abf5.jpg

These are just placed here to get ideas of where to put things,  if it works etc so might not be used.

The fence will be replaced with another type and a double gate at the front.

I think the gantry will go as I'm not keen on it.

I might look into a higher lever, but really wanted everything on ground level as it's ment to be a private railway ( railway enthusiasts built it to show of collection ).

Jerry. 

• Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Looking good, I love the concept and it's coming along nicely.

As I read your thoughts about a higher level and the gantry, in my mind they instantly merged into putting a retaining wall along the rear and replacing the gantry with a footbridge that links to it? On top of the wall could be a "main line", a town road, or just parkland and trees. It'd play nicely into your available height, and a footbridge would distract the eye away from the "stage exit" without being overpowering. And give your show visitors a different angle to view the collection from!

• Informative/Useful 1