Hi Everyone. 

I've been busy laying stones, here's a quick photo of how the layout looks at the moment:

20220613_092905.thumb.jpg.fee7b6cb5a50f0b10c856551003ef2b3.jpg

The wall needs painting once I have built the others,  everything is plonked on bar the right hand tree to see how it looks. 

On with stone laying.......

Jerry. 

• Like 12

Thanks to Everyone who has posted,  commented, all the likes etc, very much appreciated. 

The wall is very monotonous and painstakingly slow affair but well worth the effort, it just needs painting. 

Ground cover is next and I'm just awaiting the arrival of some grass, cinders ballast and a few other bits. 

More soon. 

Jerry

Hi Everyone. 

I have managed to get a bit more done on the layout in-between gardening duties.

Here's a quick photo of how the layout looks at the moment:

20220622_090209.thumb.jpg.a03a67685b378b76c54ed5c69df88c9c.jpg

I have painted the engine shed which needs a bit more work and started ground cover. 

More soon. 

Jerry. 

• Like 13
  • Round of applause 1

2 hours ago, Kevin Johnson said:

Jerry once you start applying the ground cover and foliage the layout starts to come to life. Looking very nice.

Thanks Kevin,  not long before I can do my favourite bit, details 😀 

Jerry. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

Hi Everyone. 

I been out enjoying the planes flying over for armed forces day, in-between which I managed to do some more to the layout.

I scratchbuilt a coaling stage from coffee stirrers and added some ground cover, also painted the engine a bit more and put tiles on.

20220625_174636.thumb.jpg.e381148688c48cd894ddd87cd2aa63b8.jpg

I will upload more photos soon.

Jerry.

• Like 7

Hi Everyone. 

Some photos showing work done so far on the layout:

20220627_064221.thumb.jpg.ba2d36c50a7d84d3d08fa75df984940c.jpg

I managed to capture Caledonian railway liveried loco 314 in the shed this morning. 

20220627_064336.thumb.jpg.015bcb085e45bce624b852d8e72bbe3c.jpg

Close up showing scratchbuilt coaling stage. 

20220627_064312.thumb.jpg.af5cc5513ad632a69feec8d6367c6d1e.jpg

Last photo.

Going to do some more on the layout now. 

Jerry. 

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone. 

I've added some planters in front of the pub and continued with the wall, also added a ladder to the coaling stage.

Here's a couple of photos:

20220710_081435.thumb.jpg.dcb1bf81a7b8a65b6bfc2f7d30f42aae.jpg

The pud with flowers outside. 

20220710_081331.thumb.jpg.001940dd8030e2eb9ed731641718f76d.jpg

slightly dark view of how it looks at the moment. 

more soon. 

Jerry. 

• Like 10

Hi Everyone. 

This will be my last layout for quite some time I'm guessing,  due to current personal circumstances it's just not practical for me to build anymore, not living in my own home being one of them.

I will finish this layout when I can find time etc.

Jerry.

• Friendly/supportive 5

Hi @Jerry1975
This little layout is definitely looking better, especially now the greenery has been added. The Jolly Farmer looks very natural, and makes for part of a great backscene. Sorry to hear you can't build anything else for a while - but I hope you're pleased with what you've learned and skills you've picked up, building what you've done so far.

Fingers crossed that your situation improves, so you can build again in future. In the meantime - don't forget, you can always run the small layouts you already have, and importantly - you can always continue to make kits, scenic items, or buildings for use on a future project. Or perhaps a really small diorama or scene you can "plant" into a future layout. 

I've enjoyed this thread, and your last depot layout too mate. Cheers, and all the best from South Wales
(PS. It has now been sunny here for days.....that's unheard of! lol ;)  ) 

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Thanks Everyone for your kind words and support,  as some of you know the last few years have been exceptionally difficult for me, illness,  personal circumstances,  and a whole host of other problems has taken its toll.

I'm going to continue updating this thread as I make progress but this will be the final one for now. 

Thanks again to everyone who has liked,  commented,  posted etc, very much appreciated. 

Jerry.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well everyone, it has been a tough decision but I'm giving up railway modelling. 

I have a lot of issues that need dealing with and I just don't have the time ( or money ) at the moment for it, I have also lost interest in it too.

I may come back to it in time but for now it's farewell.

I will still look at everyone else's layouts and comment from time to time so I won't be disappearing entirely. 

Thanks to everyone who has posted, commented etc.

Jerry

• Friendly/supportive 8