The ads are back

rab

• RMweb Premium

It's probably something I've done, but I'm on

RMWeb premium and the ads have reappeared.

I've cleared cookies, logged out and back in.

When I go to the themes, it shows the

premium option but wont let me select it.

Help please!!!!

PS:

Only seems to be happening on the

'price increases ' thread in the

Accuraascale/Irish Railways thread???

Edited by rab

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, rab said:

Only seems to be happening on the 'price increases ' thread in the Accuraascale/Irish Railways thread???

I get the same on that topic - it's a known fault and on the 'To Do' list for the tech guys at Warners. 

• RMweb Premium
36 minutes ago, Mike Bellamy said:

I get the same on that topic - it's a known fault and on the 'To Do' list for the tech guys at Warners. 

Thanks Mike.

• RMweb Premium
On 28/09/2022 at 08:05, Mike Bellamy said:

In the meantime you can view those pages clean by using Firefox browser (only for premiun and gold users 😇)

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Ads are still showing in some sub-forums (inc. Accurascale), irrespective of membership level - I'm still waiting for a fix from our ad team.

Thanks Andy; do you think the paint will be dry before the fix is sorted :)

• Moderators
1 minute ago, rab said:

do you think the paint will be dry

I'd have gone with 'hell freezing over' for comparative timescales. I really don't want to look at my calendar to see how long I've been waiting.

businessman-with-tally-marks-on-the-wall

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

has there been an upgrade to the site this evening.

Yes, it finished about 8.30. Not sure if that's a result of the update until I check everything tomorrow.

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, AY Mod said:

I'd have gone with 'hell freezing over' for comparative timescales. I really don't want to look at my calendar to see how long I've been waiting.

businessman-with-tally-marks-on-the-wall

"There's an update - the system will be offline for an hour or two while it completes and you may have to rebuild the indexes."

"Ooh good, an update.  Which of the issues have you fixed?"

"Err, none. It's just an update."

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...

I have no objection to advertising. It or subscription is entirely necessary.

Is the new update working as intended or broken?

I'm seeing a lot of weird 'random' behaviour.

Often a video player is being inserted after the second post on every topic page, or a floating video player is launched with similar content or BOTH simultaneously - which seems over the top.

Additionally the floating video player is frequently appearing without the "close player" option, resulting in the player obscuring content and impacting the rendering of posts.

Yes, advertising is necessary. No complaints there, but the floating players need to have a functioning "close player" button - like they did before for the site to work properly.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Is the new update working as intended or broken?

The forum software update is separate, the ad placement issue is our ad techies testing and developing.

Can you please post screenshots of what you are seeing and the type of device, I will feed findings back.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Often a video player is being inserted after the second post on every topic page, or a floating video player is launched with similar content or BOTH simultaneously - which seems over the top.

It should only be after the second post, not both. But it isn't.

1 minute ago, AY Mod said:

The forum software update is separate, the ad placement issue is our ad techies testing and developing.

Can you please post screenshots of what you are seeing and the type of device, I will feed findings back.

No "CLOSE PLAYER" button at top right:

image.png.4172f6c681b7287ebb8a2059d2bb32d3.png

It just keeps playing and playing until the page is closed.

It's very sensitive to scrolling. Scrolling back up can make the embedded player after the second post reappear and scrolling down past the embedded player will make the floating player appear.

image.png.13c3115d677f02ba15609b51883a8205.png

Sometimes the floating player has a "CLOSE PLAYER" button, but eventually does not and the video plays until you leave the page.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Sometimes the floating player has a "CLOSE PLAYER" button, but eventually does not and the video plays until you leave the page.

Which device/browser?

4 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Which device/browser?

Microsoft Windows 10 / Chrome Version 107.0.5304.107 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Contents pages seem to behave OK. It is thread topic pages where the weird stuff happens.

Sometimes, even when the CLOSE PLAYER button shows up, a new floating player regenerates.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Thanks 1

I’m getting exactly the same issues with the player, with no close button (x) and the pages 

are sometimes jumping about as I scroll down the page.

The player pops up with an x, but once closed down, another player appears with no x.

Using IOS on an iPad.

I haven’t checked on my Mac yet.

• Informative/Useful 1

57 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Screenshot_20221115-214616_Chrome.jpg.e5739ba1724a9612b4764eeae6e7aaf7.jpgHi 

This banner is causing real issues and making reading impossible.  For your info. Not premium. Android. 

Cheers

Guy

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1