Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Early film of Roy England

darren01

• RMweb Gold

That is pure gold. And very nicely done too. Thanks very much for posting, Darren.

I expect the "weathering train on viaduct" was only done for the camera, looked a bit risky :)

• RMweb Gold

Who was the attractive blonde? ;) I guess that it must have been one of the visitors to his youth hostel.

The whole thing is a charming reflexion on those times gone....the cut glass accent of the narrator etc... were we really like that back then?:D

I wonder where the hobby would be today without Roye's splendid work.

I've seen this film before, and on p110 of the "In Search of a Dream" book on Pendon, there's a photo of the hair cutting scene. The girl is the daughter of Wynne Morris, who is doing the cutting. Whoever she is - probably in the text somewhere, but Wild Swan never do indexes for their books :angry:

HI All

I am glade you like the film of Roye England ,the hair cutting bit was funny, would not liked to stay their as you could wake up with no hair left!

Mind you with what little hair i have left ,he would have had only enough for an out side loo roof laugh.gif

All the best

Darren

Archived