expoEM North 17th & 18th September 2016

DerekEm8

Went Saturday morning with me old man.

Easy to get to - just off the motorway - parking ok (although we were there early)

At 8 quid I thought that was bit too much - but hey, I had a choice I guess.

It should be bared in mind also that that £8 allowed you entry *both* days. It also gave you day membership of the EMGS, meaning you could buy items from theEMGS stores, otherwise unavailable to you.

As others have said, the quality of traders, demonstrators and layouts on show far exceeds imo what you would find at a similarly priced commercial show. The atmosphere is also very different.

It should be bared in mind also that that £8 allowed you entry *both* days. It also gave you day membership of the EMGS, meaning you could buy items from theEMGS stores, otherwise unavailable to you.

As others have said, the quality of traders, demonstrators and layouts on show far exceeds imo what you would find at a similarly priced commercial show. The atmosphere is also very different.

Yes, I forgot about the two day admission... and as I said I had a choice. The fact I paid is probably proof I wasn't "that" bothered, in so much as I didn't turn around and go home.

With regard to similarly priced shows - I can't agree with you there but "ya pays ya money" I guess.

So does anyone have any photos from the event that they'd care to share? (other than Mark's operator caption competition!).

I'll hopefully have mine sorted out and uploaded here (and Flickr in higher resolution) sometime this evening.

• RMweb Premium

So does anyone have any photos from the event that they'd care to share? (other than Mark's operator caption competition!).

I have a couple of fryers lane which I will post. Although they will be similar to mark's.. Not many photographic options at 4 foot 8 and a half of scenics.

The exhibition management photographed every layout on Sunday morning. Ideally they would post some pictures for the folk who didn't / couldn't attend.

A sort of 'look what you missed' in a nice way...

They need more people to attend this show for the sake of covering their costs and keeping and attracting the best trade. Some of the best modellers in the country are exhibiting or demonstrating more modellers need to see what's available. Some photographs would be a good start.

When flyers was been photographed, the photographer (sorry don't know his name)' said they would be for the em gauge society web site. the web sitesbut event photo gallery is running 3 years behind the events with 2013 being the last one covered.

Let's have some here.

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Some nice photos from Expo in the latest EMGS Newsletter which arrived yesterday. Would be good to see them here (and on the EMGS website too), so those who aren't members can see what they missed.

You would be best emailing the editor and asking.

• RMweb Premium

You would be best emailing the editor and asking.

Mark is referring to the same point I did in post 109#.  Photographs were taken at the show by the exhibition team...  we just want to see some of them on the terrific free advertising show stage that is RMWeb...  maybe if those that didn't come knew what they missed this year they would be more inclined to want to come next year.

Andy

Mark is referring to the same point I did in post 109#.  Photographs were taken at the show by the exhibition team...  we just want to see some of them on the terrific free advertising show stage that is RMWeb...  maybe if those that didn't come knew what they missed this year they would be more inclined to want to come next year.

Andy

Again, emailing the editor and asking them to do so is the best option, posting it here is probably not going to be read or responded to by them I'd suspect.

• RMweb Gold

Mark is referring to the same point I did in post 109#. Photographs were taken at the show by the exhibition team... we just want to see some of them on the terrific free advertising show stage that is RMWeb... maybe if those that didn't come knew what they missed this year they would be more inclined to want to come next year.

Andy

Hi Andy,

Unless I'm mistaken the person taking the photos was the newsletter editor himself, I know he went round with a camera.

Plus I don't think he's a member on here which is why they haven't been posted.

As Kelly has suggested send him an email and ask him.

Cheers

Simon

Archived