expoEM North 17th & 18th September 2016

DerekEm8

Nop, they pointed at me when I asked for a lager and lime and chorused 'tail gunner'.

"LAGER  & LIME!" Yer greet Scottish puff.

Did I ever tell you the story of the rear gunner I knew? 6' 4@ tall, on Whitley's... Nah... I'll tell ya when I see ya.

P

Well off we go.

A nice half day measuring and marking out the hall to look forward to.

Long day ahead.

See you all over the weekend.

Do say hello.

Faces to avatars do make a difference.

What a splendid event. Another 10/10 show.  Congratulations to the organizing team.

Providing a free bus service to the pub is a wonderful innovation and choosing a venue that is surrounded by a series of classic concrete lamposts, a masterstroke.

Superb standards all round.

A lamp standard in Daveyhulme, yesterday.

post-508-0-35569700-1474210523.jpg

P

Went Saturday morning with me old man.

Easy to get to - just off the motorway - parking ok (although we were there early)

At 8 quid I thought that was bit too much - but hey, I had a choice I guess.

The show was pretty good.

Good trade and equally good layouts.

Hungerford really is as good as it gets in my view.

But I lingered longest at Fryers Lane  - super simple but modelled very well, ran smoothly and shows that you don't need space, and a lot of cash to build a great layout - oh it was presented superbly too. (see below)

Not so good - some of the layout lighting was either absent or a bit weak - c'mon guys these are great little layouts but if I cant see 'em properly I aint gonna lean on the barrier too long - in fact I'll almost certainly walk on by - plus if I'm paying good money to see good modelling isn't it reasonable to actually be able to err , well, see 'em.

Criticism aside I still though it was decent show - cheers all.

I'll post some pictures when I remember...

Archived