Live webcam at Grosmont, NYMR.

Free At Last

Well, being a life member of the NYMR, and a frequent visitor to the webcam, I thought I'd add my own screencaps whenever I take them. First one is of 80136 leaving Grosmont this afternoon. I mainly took it to see what the headboard said, but then I remembered the thread and I thought 'why not upload it here'. Also, good to see the old girl running again. The engines used this past week were the DMU, Rat, Repton and 76079, so its nice to have a slight change.

80136-1

Also, I did see the railtour running today on the webcam, but didn't think to get a screencap of it. Also, it was using the Esk Valley Line, so the picture wouldn't have been much cop anyway.

Got a couple more screencaps this afternoon. Firstly:

926 & 80136

Figured Repton was going to bed at that point, but 80136's presence confused me until they moved the lamp to the top bracket, then I thought 'maybe it's swapping with 76079 when that gets back'.

Sure enough, I was right:

80136 2

Also, as a footnote on yesterday's railtour, I managed to figure out the locos used from vids on YouTube. It was topped and tailed by the B1 and 48151. And seeing that the 8F made it to Whitby, I do wonder why the Q6 isn't Whitby certified yet, unless the problem's lack of funds for the equipment necessary (which it probably is).

Edited by Markus0188

Also, as a footnote on yesterday's railtour, I managed to figure out the locos used from vids on YouTube. It was topped and tailed by the B1 and 48151. And seeing that the 8F made it to Whitby, I do wonder why the Q6 isn't Whitby certified yet, unless the problem's lack of funds for the equipment necessary (which it probably is).

re enough, I was right:

No plans to Whitby certify the Q6, its quite an expensive process for what would really be a small amount of gain.  The owners NELPG don't seem to have the interest in Whitby certifying the loco as it wouldn't bring much benefit to then financially and the NYMR isn't keen on Whitby passing someone elses locos at their expense.

No plans to Whitby certify the Q6, its quite an expensive process for what would really be a small amount of gain.  The owners NELPG don't seem to have the interest in Whitby certifying the loco as it wouldn't bring much benefit to then financially and the NYMR isn't keen on Whitby passing someone elses locos at their expense.

Well, fair enough then. I was mainly thinking along the lines of the more engines that are Whitby approved, the easier running the services would be, but if the NELPG aren't really interested, there's nothing you can do about it.

Also, another screencap from this afternoon.

76079 & 80136

I'm guessing that must be a loco roster in place for April as last week it was Repton and 76079, whereas this time its both the BR Standards. Or maybe I'm overthinking things.

I'm guessing that must be a loco roster in place for April as last week it was Repton and 76079, whereas this time its both the BR Standards. Or maybe I'm overthinking things.

926 is on washout and PPM so you have 7628 and 76079 covering Whitby until Friday with 80136 covering the internal part of the 7628 diagram

926 is on washout and PPM so you have 7628 and 76079 covering Whitby until Friday with 80136 covering the internal part of the 7628 diagram

Fair enough, as boiler washouts are an essential part of loco maintenance. Speaking of 7628,

Rat & DMU

Shades of the 60s with both itself and the DMU.

80136 showed up as well,

80136 3

And then I noticed the DMU had a Preston destination board as it prepared to leave.

DMU

I'm pretty sure it's a leftover from its mainline days, as I know from Heritage Railway magazine that it ended its working life in and around Manchester, so it could well have travelled there on an off day.

Seemingly, the DMU's ever changing destination boards are becoming a theme for me now, as today we had one for Blackburn.

DMU 2

Admittedly, the angle of the shot does make it hard to see the board, but I only just managed to get the shot in time, so please bear that in mind.

And the ever changing destination board theme continues, as today we had one for Chester.

DMU 3

Funny thing is, thinking about it, dependant on where it was stopping en route, the run to Chester could easily have been via Knutsford, Plumley and Northwich, the very area my mum grew up in.

On a related subject, a new member of the fleet will be arriving tomorrow: the almost finished 92134, on a ten year 'restore and run' agreement.

Oh wow.

I'm not too sure whether to believe that yet, as there's nothing on the NYMR website as of yet, so I'll have to wait and see on that.

In the meantime, look at what the C&W department just released back into traffic this week.

16191 & 43087

A very shiny and newly refurbished 16191. I actually noticed it running on Thursday, but its appearance caught me off guard, and I was busy doing something else at the time, so I couldn't get a screencap at the time, and I didn't see it running on Friday or Saturday either, presumably while some final finishing touches were being made. But I got a shot of it today, so we now know it's running again.

I'm not too sure whether to believe that yet, as there's nothing on the NYMR website as of yet, so I'll have to wait and see on that.

It's sat in New Bridge yard as we speak!  Watch the cam between 19:30 and 20:00 tomorrow to see it being dragged in.

Today you'll also see extra loco changes at 10:30 and 14:30 at the camera end of the station

It's sat in New Bridge yard as we speak!  Watch the cam between 19:30 and 20:00 tomorrow to see it being dragged in.

Today you'll also see extra loco changes at 10:30 and 14:30 at the camera end of the station

Hi Boris

Is the 9f move still on for this evening?

Sc

Okay, now that I've seen that picture, I can certainly believe it. Funny thing is, I was watching the webcam between 7.25 at 7.55 waiting for it, only to see the earlier comment from Boris, and like s182ggu, I thought 'Oh B----r', but at least someone was on the ball. Also, thinking about it, I'm pretty sure I read in one of my dad's old 'World of Train' magazines the loco was NYMR based at the time the issue in question was published (late 80s/early 90s), before it moved to Crewe to be restored for the Churnet Valley, then to the East Lancs, and now she's back again. Talk about a yo-yo loco.

Also, got another screencap this afternoon, and another of the DMU's destination boards.

DMU 4

In case you can't quite read it, its Blaenau Ffestiniog, another of the set's many destinations in mainline days.

Got another two screencaps today. Firstly, the ever changing DMU destination board saga continues, with one for Holyhead.

DMU 5

At the same time, 16191 was sitting in Platform 4, presumably after some more finishing touches made since Sunday, before being attached to the full Maroon set at 6PM.

• RMweb Gold

I was on the NYMR today, and Mk1 16191 appeared to be having a problem with a ‘trip hazard identified - it was locked out of use. They said something about a problem with the floor in the corridor of the first class section. I’m not sure if it will be taken out of service for repairs. They seemed uncertain about that.

And the 101 was displaying Kirkby, amongst others destinations today. ;)

Regards,

Rob.

• Like 1