Last orders for an etched chassis for the Hornby Peckett. P4 / EM

• 4 weeks later...

I am sorry to say after making some progress on this project I have hit a problem through lack of observation.

The CSP chassis is designed for an etched running plate. I had not taken into account the thickness of the Hornby running plate.

The CSP chassis could be modified by trimming 2mm from the top of the chassis, however that will remove the top location slot for the front and back spacers.

Not all is lost as I have obtained some further information and will be using this to design a chassis for the Hornby model from scratch.

This will take some time but should be better in the long run.

I am sorry this is taking so much time.

Gordon A

• RMweb Gold

If this is any help to you, I am currently working my way through things required for the layout that need etching. As I'm a tight 'so and so' I only like to pay for one phototool, so when I draw up the etch I convert it so I am able to run it through the Silhouette cutter.

Being able to put a chassis together in plastic first has been a great help and a sheet of plasticard is far cheaper if I ruin something. Also it's easy to be able to add and change the parts to fit then change the drawing to suit.

• Like 1

If this is any help to you, I am currently working my way through things required for the layout that need etching. As I'm a tight 'so and so' I only like to pay for one phototool, so when I draw up the etch I convert it so I am able to run it through the Silhouette cutter.

Being able to put a chassis together in plastic first has been a great help and a sheet of plasticard is far cheaper if I ruin something. Also it's easy to be able to add and change the parts to fit then change the drawing to suit.

I like the idea but none of my friends in two model groups own a Silhouette cutter.

Gordon A

How are you drawing the artwork for the etch ?

Depending on what it's drawn on/in, a sheet of plastic would fit in the post.

Feel free to PM.

Thank you for your kind offer.

The artwork is being drawn using Illustrater.

I may be in touch in a couple of months time.

Gordon A 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Herewith pictures of the test etch for the Hornby Peckett full chassis kit.

post-7071-0-13789700-1533202755_thumb.jpg

Side on view. The frames have been assembled with the half etch markings for the front axles on the inside.

They are just visible in the second picture.

post-7071-0-25848600-1533202775_thumb.jpg

post-7071-0-87372900-1533202787_thumb.jpg

There are a small number of errors that need correcting which will require the art work amending and another tool.

I will have this test etch with me at Rail Wells if any one is interested.

Gordon

post-7071-0-13789700-1533202755_thumb.jpg

post-7071-0-25848600-1533202775_thumb.jpg

post-7071-0-87372900-1533202787_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gordon A
  • Like 11

• 1 month later...

A quick update on the Peckett chassis.

A few corrections were needed on the test etch.

I have received three revised test etches, the first of which I am building hopefully into a running chassis for Scaleforum.

post-7071-0-83625100-1536662411_thumb.jpg

The gear box is a High Level Road Runner +

Wheels will be Gibson Black Hawthorn 3ft drivers.

Gordon A

• Like 6