Andrew Barclay 14" & 16" 0-4-0ST in OO Gauge

Hattons Dave

I've just ordered 'Coronation'...

Probably because having chicken for dinner caused me to finally makeup my mind which one...

(And before anyone posts "why not have more than one" it's because I have only just enough spare money to buy one.)

I've just ordered 'Coronation'...

Probably because having chicken for dinner caused me to finally makeup my mind which one...

(And before anyone posts "why not have more than one" it's because I have only just enough spare money to buy one.)

Surely your spare money buys food whenever you can, whilst necessities like model steam trains take priority?

Emphasis there on spare. As in disposable

A rather unfair comment on your part, I feel, as I certainly would not class food and general living expenditure as being 'spare'. 

Besides which, you now have a PM.

I'm down for the BR Black one, seemed a logical choice as it could be converted to industrial if desired by scrubbing off the BR insignia, and a splodge of dirty black paint would cover everything neatly.  However I'm definitely falling for Katie's charms!

Drool.....

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Agreed, you only need 1 piece of chicken to know what chicken tastes like, but a Bucket of Barclays will feed your mind for weeks.

Agreed, you only need 1 piece of chicken to know what chicken tastes like, but a Bucket of Barclays will feed your mind for weeks.

A bucket of Barclays would feed my layout for years. ;)

I've got coronation on order, I chose that one as it's quite useful because it's got no company logo on the sides. Katie was never really an option for me being the shade of red that it is and the big buffers, makes it look too toy like to me.  

• Like 1

Same reason here.

Also, the green is a nice match for my de-branded and named MSC Peckett. Admittedly the WTT one is a better match for the lining, but I would rather not be removing lettering when I can just put a nameplate over the top of the printed one.

• RMweb Gold

he was not talking about setting them free :-)

Not so sure, the National Barclay Liberation Front would like to see all cute little industrial locomotives released harmlessly into the wild on outrageously improbable light railways in rural Wales.

• Like 1

Not so sure, the National Barclay Liberation Front would like to see all cute little industrial locomotives released harmlessly into the wild on outrageously improbable light railways in rural Wales.

C'mon that's highly irresponsible ! ................... definitely a non-native species in Wales ...................................... I dunno - mink then grey squirrels, muntjac deer & Barclay pugs - what next ??!?

Ummm he was correct - "lose them", not "loose them"... he was not talking about setting them free :-)

Ah but I was speaking North East. We loose/louse* things off. e.g., "Oi!, be careful as you loose/louse* that bolt off."

There's quite a few of those Barclay thingies running about wild up here in the North. I may pop out over the next few days and see if I can bag a couple.

*Delete as appropriate.

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 1

Splitter’s, we in the People’s Front for Barclay Liberation would never support such a thing….

Ah but I was speaking North East. We loose/louse* things off. e.g., "Oi!, be careful as you loose/louse* that bolt off."

There's quite a few of those Barclay thingies running about wild up here in the North. I may pop out over the next few days and see if I can bag a couple.

*Delete as appropriate.

More commonly, I've heard it here and at home in Scotland in the sense of setting free; to lowse or finish work; lowsing time for knocking off and lowsed, finished for the day - all terms familiar to the lads at Barclays in Killy

• RMweb Premium

More commonly, I've heard it here and at home in Scotland in the sense of setting free; to lowse or finish work; lowsing time for knocking off and lowsed, finished for the day - all terms familiar to the lads at Barclays in Killy

Good grief. You've just taken me straight back to 1984 and my first shift as a Timekeeper at Ayr TMD. Driver's coming up to the window asking "Am I lowsed?" and I didn't have a clue what they were on about. Had never heard the expression before and don't think I've heard it since I left Scotland in '96 :)