Prestatyn Model Railway Exhibition 9th December.

Signaller69

Friendly local show in aid of Ty Gobaith Hospice (Conwy) and Glan Clwyd Hospital Cardiology Trust Fund.

post-28743-0-30417000-1510209651.jpg

Around a dozen layouts, trade stands, demonstrations; light refreshments available. See Facebook link too: https://www.facebook.com/events/640599802996253/?ti=as

Further details will be added here also.

Hope to see you there!

Thanks,

Martyn.

Edited by Signaller69
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Looking forward to bringing a layout to my old club's exhibition.

Come and say 'hello' if you're in the area.

Well, that's not gone to plan.  Circumstances have prevented me from attending - maybe next year...

Edited by Stubby47

• 3 weeks later...

Layouts attending (correct at 1st December) are:

"New Pandora & Geirionydd" - Welsh 0-16.5 mining set in the hills around the Conwy Valley.

"Nannerch" - 'N' scale model of the real station on the Ex LNWR Mold to Denbigh line.

"Lapford" - 'N' scale minimum space layout based on the Exeter - Barnstaple line.

"Maentwrog Road" - Nick Gurney's new 'OO' DCC micro layout of the explosives handling siding *DEBUT*.

"Dim Lle" - 009 Mid Wales 2ft gauge practice.

"Trains of Yesteryear" - '0' Scale classic and modern tinplate trains.

"Seabank" - Group run 'G' scale layout.

"New Bridge Junction" - "N" scale GWR practice Junction layout.

"Llamedos" - '0' scale branch terminus BR late steam / early diesel practice.

"Kingston Servicing Depot" - '00' scale Diesel Depot set in the 1980s.

"Pontypandy" - '00' scale branch terminus set in the Valleys.

"Marlboro Junction" - '00' scale busy terminus - DCC.

"Onabujit Halt" - 'N' scale small space layout built "on a budget" as the name suggests!

"West Ridge, MT" - 'HOn30' American narrow gauge layout set in Montana.

Traders:

World of Motion

Davenden Models

PL Models

North Wales Gifts

Roger Burke.

Modelling demonstration by Peter Midwinter of this Parish.

The Holywell Society & Greenfield Valley Heritage Trust - display of rail/tramway artefacts and photos.

Plus other stands.

Hope to see you at our show, please say hello if you can make it.

Edited by Signaller69
  • Like 1

im going to do my upmost to get to this show this year, missed it last year due to work but im off long weekend on the 9th (and i can tie it in with dropping christmas cards etc off at my aunties house in the town)

Hopefully get to meet you Jim, being passing strangers in a work sense!

• RMweb Premium

Please note this exhibition is still on.

In the unlikely event it has to be cancelled due to weather at the venue, I will post on here.

Will see what the weather's like in the morning and if Rhuallt Hill is open or not. Hope to make it down.

• Like 1

Will see what the weather's like in the morning and if Rhuallt Hill is open or not. Hope to make it down.

Thanks, there is no snow at all in Prestatyn, just a little on the hills, though it didn't stop someone sledging their car down the 1 in 4 Gwaenysgor Hill and flipping it onto its side thus blocking it. As you probably know Rhuallt Hill was closed earlier but hopefully should be fine tomorrow.

Thanks, there is no snow at all in Prestatyn, just a little on the hills, though it didn't stop someone sledging their car down the 1 in 4 Gwaenysgor Hill and flipping it onto its side thus blocking it. As you probably know Rhuallt Hill was closed earlier but hopefully should be fine tomorrow.

I've a photo of that but it's not just uncommon event, the sign at the top says 33% ( chances of getting down alive), but it is steeper in places my chronometer measures 42% in one place.

It's not the steepest in UK, but with the bends it can be tricky in winter as it faces north, despite been for some a route to A55 the council don't grit as the gritter trucks can't go up it's too steep.

Coming back from colywn bay coast road was clear tonight, so is most of prestatyn, looking forward to the show

• RMweb Gold

When I had a job in Prestatyn the other week I came over gwaenysgor Hill into town from the A55 singing kettle junction, I always go that way as I think it’s quicker than going via the old road into dyserth and back in yourself through melidyn, it’s such a good view from the top and the coast road is now ruined with the old dual carriageway bits all down to single lanes and 40-50 mph

• RMweb Premium

Had good intentions of coming along but have just been dosing up with paracetamol, blame SWMBO, she's been full of cold all week.

See you have also caught the Manchester Exhibition Cold then.

Get better soon.

Terry

• RMweb Premium

Braved the snow and the roads to get to Prestatyn. Apparently Gwaenysgwr Hill was closed but I never saw any signs :whistle: :whistle:

post-22167-0-22547800-1512831282_thumb.jpg

Got to the station with minutes to spare to catch the pair of two-tone 47's on a loaded test run to Llandudno Junction. Pretty smart they looked to.

D1944 / 47 501 Craftsman

post-22167-0-04439300-1512831495_thumb.jpg

D1935 / 47 805

post-22167-0-00380500-1512831530_thumb.jpg

Then nipped into Thyme Out for a Christmas Bap: Turkey, Stuffing, Yorkshire pudding, Roast potatoes, Pigs in Blankets, Cranberry sauce and Gravy on a batch roll. Oh boy it was good :imsohappy:

post-22167-0-84848400-1512832153_thumb.jpg

Then onto the show. Great selection of layouts from 'N' to 'G' scale. Loved seeing those old 3 rail tin plate locos. Llamedos, Marlborough Jct, Dim Lle and Maentwrog Road all had plenty running and held my interest as did all the layouts.  A pleasant way to spend a Saturday morning. Well done to all for putting on the show.

Edited by Scottish-Exile
  • Like 3

Guest Digital

A great show today. Lovely to meet everyone and talk to so many people.

My thanks to Martin and everyone who helped at the show. Special thanks to the catering staff who were excellent in keeping us fed and watered.

Thanks to Nick and his superb Maentwrog Road.

Regards

John.

Edited by Digital
  • Like 1

Few more photos from today.

Nannerch (N)

post-28743-0-62381000-1512846723_thumb.jpgpost-28743-0-46602800-1512846774_thumb.jpgpost-28743-0-75053600-1512846816_thumb.jpg

Few creative shots of Maentwrog Road:

post-28743-0-42116100-1512846930_thumb.jpgpost-28743-0-40865300-1512846970_thumb.jpgpost-28743-0-12992900-1512847007_thumb.jpgpost-28743-0-03710200-1512847040_thumb.jpg

post-28743-0-23073600-1512847147_thumb.jpg

Even had a visit from the Mayor! With the New Pandora team, Phil and Lee.

post-28743-0-24268900-1512847283_thumb.jpg

It was good to meet John (Digital) and a few others. We had a succesful day despite the weather, fantastic catering too. My thanks go to everyone who exhibited, traded and visited.

• Like 4

Braved the snow and the roads to get to Prestatyn. Apparently Gwaenysgwr Hill was closed but I never saw any signs :whistle: :whistle:

attachicon.gif2017-12-09 10.53.53.jpg

Got to the station with minutes to spare to catch the pair of two-tone 47's on a loaded test run to Llandudno Junction. Pretty smart they looked to.

D1944 / 47 501 Craftsman

attachicon.gif2017-12-09 11.14.11.jpg

D1935 / 47 805

attachicon.gif2017-12-09 11.17.24.jpg

Then nipped into Thyme Out for a Christmas Bap: Turkey, Stuffing, Yorkshire pudding, Roast potatoes, Pigs in Blankets, Cranberry sauce and Gravy on a batch roll. Oh boy it was good :imsohappy:

attachicon.gif2017-12-09 11.27.34.jpg

Then onto the show. Great selection of layouts from 'N' to 'G' scale. Loved seeing those old 3 rail tin plate locos. Llamedos, Marlborough Jct, Dim Lle and Maentwrog Road all had plenty running and held my interest as did all the layouts.  A pleasant way to spend a Saturday morning. Well done to all for putting on the show.

Gwaeny hill was blocked until late last night with the car on its side having toboganned via the armco barrier on the way down. I missed the 47s unfortunately. Glad you enjoyed the show!

Martyn.

• RMweb Premium

Gwaeny hill was blocked until late last night with the car on its side having toboganned via the armco barrier on the way down.

Never been that way before today, and I'm in no rush to do it again as it was a bit hairy. Last year I came via Rhuallt hill/Rhuddlan but that seems to be going 'past' Prestatatyn and then cutting back. Came home on the coast road past Mostyn picking the A55 up at Halkyn for the last few miles. A more calming drive than this morning!

Never been that way before today, and I'm in no rush to do it again as it was a bit hairy. Last year I came via Rhuallt hill/Rhuddlan but that seems to be going 'past' Prestatatyn and then cutting back. Came home on the coast road past Mostyn picking the A55 up at Halkyn for the last few miles. A more calming drive than this morning!

I bet! I agree the Coast road can be a pain at times having had more and more lane and speed restrictions added over the years, but its shorter than going via Rhuallt Hill from the East.