Kernow Model Centre - Hunslet Barclay Class 20s

backwaterscotland

Given they were announced in April last year you probably have about 8 months worth of pre-orders ahead of you! I can collect mine so will call in at the weekend.

Rats! I did notice that the page now reads "out of stock, 412 on order from supplier" so it may be a few batches before I see mine.

Andy B)

Any more of these arrived yet? I'm on a Feb 2009 order line so just wondering how it was going :rolleyes:

Cheers

Duncan

On the webpage for the 20s it currently reads :

Update 8th November - these models have just been delivered and we are now processing orders in strict date order. We are working on orders placed in April 2008 at present.

The newsletter did say that the orders for April 2008 was around 200 orders so it might take a while to get through.

Andy B)

Nah - I don't think anyone received them so far as there's been no "they've got the words Hunslet-Barclay 0.0005mm too high" stuff going on yet :lol:

Sorry - Dapo, MBA/MCA thread - couldn't help myself !!

Personally - looking forward to another treat in a blue box :)

Gday Guys

I put my order in yesterday. A Weedkiller train has always been on my wish list, as it took unusal traction to pretty much the whole network.

Funnily enough, I ordered these last year, then cancelled them again when the exchange rate went pretty bad for us. Thankfully its returned to being in our favour!

Jon

Neil,I think there are still some available if you wanted one.Kernows weekly newsletter indicated that they hadn't sold out.

Quick call has got me sorted, and at 10.30 were still some left !

cheers,

Neil

Received mine on monday. I am very impressed with them they look superb.biggrin.gif Not being a rivet counter (honest) i did notice just one downside, they dont have any working lights on them (head or tail). But still a stunning looking model, cant wait for the rest of the train to come out..

Darren

Damn they look good - just have to wait for them to get to Dec 08's orders!

Patience is not my strong point!

Andy B)

Andy,

My pair were ordered 07/11/09 and they arrived today :unsure:. Sorry your patience is wearing thin...........

Mike

Thanks for posting the pic Meld, if I didn't know better I'd say these two had working head/tail lights ?

What a stunning looking pair !

I only ordered mine a few days before delivery too so I suspect there are plenty to go around.......

And yep, you've guessed it.....I used to work with these two many moons ago when they came to HG for re-fuelling, in between duties........so, relevant for me ? Oh I think so...........

This is just the type of variety that I miss at work.........you could literally turn up for work and encounter any class of loco, but now........you're lucky to get a 60 !!!! ( But, 'Tornado' does help !!! )

Dave

Okay..........

Just had my two on the rolling road and run them up............they don't have working lights but are bloody nice models all the same !

Both models are powered too, which I think is brilliant value.........no master and slave here !

Now then...........who does the 'bestist' and 'loudist' sound system for a Class 20 ?

Dave

Ah but rules is rules, i need a photo of them at laira - thats how i narrow down what to model - otherwise i'd buy everythingrolleyes.gif

If memory serves me correct actually - im sure ive seen a picture of them with the weedkiller on the approach to Plym Bridge ??

'179

Ah but rules is rules, i need a photo of them at laira - thats how i narrow down what to model - otherwise i'd buy everythingrolleyes.gif

If memory serves me correct actually - im sure ive seen a picture of them with the weedkiller on the approach to Plym Bridge ??

'179

How about this one :

20901 Laira Depot

Andy B) (still patiently waiting as the website still says "processing April 2008 :P )

Archived