London Festival of Railway Modeling 2011

Redkiterail

If anybody wants to have a play with Widnes, introduce yourselves and (assuming no problems) you will be made welcome B)

That's a very generous offer.. I could be more than a little tempted by that if I get there early enough..

JB.

• RMweb Gold

If anybody wants to have a play with Widnes, introduce yourselves and (assuming no problems) you will be made welcome B)

Only if I can run my own GWR stock on it. ;)

• RMweb Gold

Does anyone know if there is some sort of Bring and buy stand at the show ?

Might be a bit too large a show perhaps..

JB.

The Model Railway Club usually have one - I've bought some really good bits and pieces from there.

• RMweb Gold

Assuming all goes well with my 'playing' with the signalling of a particular piece of 1:1 scale railway during the coming week I might make it to Ally Pally at the weekend (unless I'm up to my eyes writing the report of course).

• RMweb Gold

Assuming all goes well with my 'playing' with the signalling of a particular piece of 1:1 scale railway during the coming week I might make it to Ally Pally at the weekend (unless I'm up to my eyes writing the report of course).

Excellent - a relief signalman for the weekend then :)

• RMweb Gold

Excellent - a relief signalman for the weekend then :)

It will probably be a relief after the system i shall be looking at this week - and helping the client decide that he probably doesn't really want it all controlled by a bloke walking around using a laptop with a wireless link to the 'interlocking'blink.gif However I think that might be as nothing compared with the potential responsibility clashes of a piece of railway owned by company A, with the signalling controlled by company B, with trains operated by companies C and D, and maintained by companies E and F in accordance with standards set by ???????? and protected in accordance with safety procedures written by ????but most likely implemented by Company B (even if I finish up ghost-writing them) on Company A's piece of railway. It'll all be better when it's priv........

Does anyone know if there is some sort of Bring and buy stand at the show ?

Might be a bit too large a show perhaps..

JB.

As Phil mentioned, yes the MRC will be running its members' sale stand as usual. This year's highlights include an extensive collection of high quality OO-gauge LMS and GW kit built locos and coaches from a member's collection, and some unusual scratch built O-gauge finescale LT electric stock. Plus a huge range of more 'normal' stuff, rare and not so rare RTR, unbuilt and partly built kits, pictures, spares and books. Please remember that it is cash only....

There is slight rearrangement of that area of the show from previous years, but it is in the Great Hall, on the left of the aisle as you walk in. Happy shopping, and enjoy the rest of the show too.

Tom

Deputy Chairman

The MRC

• RMweb Gold

Does one need to bring in order to buy or can one just buy without bringing?

I don't have anything to bring but would like to buy.

Pretty sure you can buy without bringing, although as mentioned above, it's cash only.

I'll be one of the operators on Bawdsey - look forward to meeting some RMwebbers.

Can't make it this year :( - parenting duties call... Hope you all have a good show, and that I get to catch up with some of you later in the year (Scaleforum, Warley etc... if I'm allowed out ;) )

Pretty sure you can buy without bringing, although as mentioned above, it's cash only.

Unless you are an MRC member it will be 'buy' only by definition.

I will be there all weekend on the MERG stand, usually located in the West Hall.

• RMweb Gold

Sadly, I can't make it this year, but I was tempted by the chance of having a go on Widnes. Mind you, I'd have probably had to contribute a substantial amount to the SPAD tea/beer naughty box...

• RMweb Gold

Sadly, I can't make it this year, but I was tempted by the chance of having a go on Widnes. Mind you, I'd have probably had to contribute a substantial amount to the SPAD tea/beer naughty box...

You can always send a donation anyway :lol:

Hello

Thats a very kind offer, I will be there Saturday all going well with the trains, I might just take pictures if thats ok. :rolleyes:

Ants

Archived