Members' Day 2011 - Stafford - Full line-up announced.

Andy Y

On the subject of operators, I will be bringing Mrs Gary along as a co operator for Glenuig (this is going to be fun). At the last show, she only hit me with the Powercab once, after one comedian asked her if class 87's ever ran on the West Highland. Please feel free to ask any questions you wish, the best one will be on wheel arrangement's, the answer will be four!.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Gary

A decision has been made NOT to open the bar due to the staffing costs (£50 even though it was just for a 3 hour period). I will make sure that cold soft drinks are available though in addition to the tea and coffee.

A decision has been made NOT to open the bar due to the staffing costs (£50 even though it was just for a 3 hour period).

So you heard I wouldn't be able to make it then........:drinks:

It looks like a great line-up Andy.

Its going to be difficult concentrating operating my layout surrounded by so many other great layouts.

(Its difficult enough after about 30 minutes at the best of times with my layout! - note to self, a stress ball will be needed.)

If anyone wants to have a play with wagon turntables and chain shunting they'll be more than welcome, I expect to be a gibbering wreck by the end of the day!

Better get the padded cell booked well in advance!

One bonus is that since each move takes a while to set up, you don't run out of things to do very quickly.

Really looking forward to it.

Mike

Sounds like a good day out an not too far to travel, I've been to St. Leonard's quite a few times when they hold the Railwayana fairs there and its a good venue to meet up with others and maybe get to operate some layouts.

Cheers Paul

Been playing with directions from York - it would seem that moving the destination 50yards across the center of Stafford moves the route from one side to the other of the Pennines. But as it is a 2 1/2 hour drive I can't offer to help with the set up - but I'm more than happy to assist at the end of the day (particularly if there is cake that needs clearing away :D )

If anyone wants to have a play with wagon turntables and chain shunting they'll be more than welcome, I expect to be a gibbering wreck by the end of the day!

I may take you up on that offer :crazy:

Been playing with directions from York - it would seem that moving the destination 50yards across the center of Stafford moves the route from one side to the other of the Pennines. But as it is a 2 1/2 hour drive I can't offer to help with the set up - but I'm more than happy to assist at the end of the day

Thank you, much appreciated!

If I were coming from York I would use the A1/M1 route down to J28 and onto the A38, carry on down through Derby to the A50 junction and take the A50 to Uttoxeter, then A518 to Stafford.

Well, having sorted out a potentially awkward calendar clash I'm pleased to say that I'll definitely be able to make it, family in tow. Mrs G has again offered to bake a cake for the occasion so I've accepted her offer on everyone's behalf rolleyes.gif

As always, I'm more than happy to lend a hand operating anything if needed (translation: "please let me have a go with your layout!"). Ellie, my eldest daughter, is now capable of operating mine, albeit with a bit of supervision, so if anyone is desperate for an extra pair of hands then I'm sure she'll chip in too.... wink3.gif

If I were coming from York I would use the A1/M1 route down to J28 and onto the A38, carry on down through Derby to the A50 junction and take the A50 to Uttoxeter, then A518 to Stafford.

That's the way I was going to go - I was just surprised it came up with the Manchester route first. I'll probably be on me own in the car - so if anyone from York way wants a lift...

I live in Stafford and quite regularly go to York, and that route is my usual one, although via Manchester isn't that bad.

All the best

Keith

It's scheduled for two days before "Lost Colonies Commiseration Day". Unfortunately a planned system upgrade over that weekend will prevent me from travelling the 6,000 miles to attend. Have a great day and post pix.

Archived