Members' Day 2011 - Stafford - Full line-up announced.

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

Hi, we have been busy cleaning rolling stock and doing some final bits of scenic work on our small contribution to the show - Little Brickhill. Just the operating sequence to fine tune now.

Feel free to bring any DCC locos to run or take over the operating of our layout for a while and give us a break (and give us the chance to eat some of these cakes that keep getting mentioned!).

Steve & Lewis Kesterton.

A decision has been made NOT to open the bar due to the staffing costs (£50 even though it was just for a 3 hour period). I will make sure that cold soft drinks are available though in addition to the tea and coffee.

What is it with these places that they have to charge staffing costs? The profit from the drinks should cover that! I wouldn't mind betting that the bar staff would be working that day anyway.

I would have liked to come down but I'm playing trains that day.

Hope you all have a good (but dry day) :drinks:.

OzzyO.

What is it with these places that they have to charge staffing costs? The profit from the drinks should cover that! I wouldn't mind betting that the bar staff would be working that day anyway.

My sentiments exactly although I know the staff aren't in that day. I could have sent them a picture of craigwelsh at Railex to prove it may be worth their while opening. ;)

I should mention that one of our kind but geographically distanced members did offer to sponsor the bar being open for the day but by that time I'd plonked some layouts in front of it to get more in!

Hello all,

just waiting for Andy to get back to me so I can send a cheque off.

If I did win a prize I want it put in the market place and the money raised put into the pot.

OzzzyO.

• RMweb Premium

Evening all. Have just been given permission to go to Stafford. I shall be driving from Retford, through Worksop to the M1 and down to the A38, A516 and then A 50 to A518 & Uttoxeter.

If anyone wants to have a lift, or share the travel by meeting somewhere en route give me a PM. Only proviso is that I shall probably have to leave before the close of the show, but if a lift one way will help....:drinks: Phil @ 36E

• RMweb Premium

Is there going to be any trade representation, or anything to temp us to part with our hard earned?That is aside from the mouth watering fayre that is being offered

or anything to temp us to part with our hard earned?

Shawplan will be there but aside from that there will be 2 stands which will be 'recycling' some items. The honest answer is that there's not a large enough attendance to merit a large trade presence and everyone spends all day gassing.

• RMweb Gold

Is there going to be any trade representation, or anything to temp us to part with our hard earned?That is aside from the mouth watering fayre that is being offered

I'll be bringing an assortment of things from locos to road vehicles - mostly 'pre-loved' as well as the various useful bits like cabinet maker's dowels and LED strips listed on my website.

I shall have some Lenz Standard and Silver decoders for sale - if you have any particular requirements pm me so that I can have them on hand. If the trans-Atlantic carrier pigeon makes it in time I should have some TCS M1 and Z2 decoders too. Payments by cash, cheque or (subject to mobile web reception being available) PayPal.

The main attraction will be the 'DCComatic' which will allow you to try out and compare the following DCC controllers: Lenz 90, Digitrax Zephyr (old type), Gaugemaster Prodigy2 (wireless), Dynamis and Bachmann EZ.

Payments by cash, cheque or (subject to mobile web reception being available) PayPal.

I'll have the laptop with 3G available for that use if anyone needs to pay that way.

The main attraction will be the 'DCComatic' which will allow you to try out and compare the following DCC controllers: Lenz 90, Digitrax Zephyr (old type), Gaugemaster Prodigy2 (wireless), Dynamis and Bachmann EZ.

That will be interesting to try, as I'm trying to decide which possible one to go with.

Kelly

I'll have the laptop with 3G available for that use if anyone needs to pay that way.

I'll have to make a note of my paypal password somewhere then LOL (32 characters!)

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ian,

I can bring my Powercab and if required a Hornby Select & Elite.

Cheers

Ian

I'll be bringing an assortment of things from locos to road vehicles - mostly 'pre-loved' as well as the various useful bits like cabinet maker's dowels and LED strips listed on my website.

I shall have some Lenz Standard and Silver decoders for sale - if you have any particular requirements pm me so that I can have them on hand. If the trans-Atlantic carrier pigeon makes it in time I should have some TCS M1 and Z2 decoders too. Payments by cash, cheque or (subject to mobile web reception being available) PayPal.

Every one with their finger on the pulse knew anyway :P

Welcome to the other side <_<

I have been here for years......it was the Enterprising bit that was confusing.

Remember, people who have their finger on the pulse just think they know what is happening . :mocking_mini:

Andy, I was in disguise the Japanese Ambassador, I am not the Great Pretender, "why you no rissen?" :laugh:

Pete

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ian,

I can bring my Powercab and if required a Hornby Select & Elite.

Cheers

Ian

Thank you kind sir, a Powercab it is to complete the Smörgåsbord of DCC systems.

Archived