2011 Diorama Challenge Voting now open

Andy Y

I wouldn't use a '1' to describe something as bad - just to give me a wider range of votes. To me there are some that really stand out or have just been entertaining and interesting to follow these will get higher scores but a '1' most certainly is no reflection on their entry. After all I didn't even enter, so tha is multiple '0's for me then.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Kenton makes a fair point. For several years now I have been a judge for one of the major national transport awards and the variation in marking by individual judges on each panel can be quite pronounced at times. However, this occurs consistently and therefore evens itself out.

Can I just say that the challenge has been well and truly answered. I'm amazed at the quality of the entries, the incredible range of ideas and the execution of them. There is some superb modelling and every entrant deserves to win - such a shame that it can't happen - however you all deserve a round of applause

:clapping_mini: :clapping_mini: :clapping_mini:

Edited by shortliner

My votes are in, and I'm also impressed.

I decided to view them all first before deciding on marks, and each entry had something of merit.

In order to give myself room to vote up (or down) as I went along I started with a notional score of 3 in each category.

I then adjusted scores up or down by 1 accordingly, reserving a score of 5 for a real WOW! factor.

As a result I scored about five 2s, a number of 3s, a lot of 4s and half a dozen 5s amongst the stand out entries.

cheers

I have cast my votes. My only issue was the photos used in the poll for each entry. Some of them were not the best and I found I didn't have time to read every single thread and view all on the posts. This may not have worked to the builders advantage.

it would have made the page even more intimidating.

Trying not to give 5's across the board for all the entries was intimidating enough, hopefully I was totally objective and fair to everyone (even down to giving myself a mediocre score on one question) , good luck to whoever wins

Edited by KevinWalsh
  • Like 1

Let me know which the other was and I'll see if I can edit that; my apologies - I thought I'd set them all. It was a PITA to set up, taking about 5 hours to construct a one page survey!

BTW - The dates on the shots for Wirral Transport Museum are due to a default date on the camera after a battery change.

Andy, sorry, I missed your request here - I can't recall which one it was, but possibly the 4th entry as I think I had to go back and re-assess approximately three entries first time. Hope that helps.

Edited by Jon020

Guest oldlugger

Is there just one page of entries? I submitted my votes for this page and no more came up - just a thank you message; I'm sure there were more entries than this?

Cheers

Simon

• RMweb Gold

I've just voted and read the message page that included 'The results will be announced after the end of the voting on 03 December 2010.'

Was that the last page you built after your 5 hour page building exercise, Andy?

To avoid any glitches (probably aren't any now!) and make my voting as consistent as possible, I'll probably look through all the entries and make voting notes on paper - you remember paper don't you? - before coming back and filling in the votes in one hit.

Very well done to all in any event.

• RMweb Gold

Believe it or not, I have not yet voted, although I do intend to do so in the near future, but with numerous fantastic entries it will be difficult.

However, I have one query. The third picture in the 'Magic black box' thread seems to indicate that

the entry is taller than 11'' (roughly based on the measurements on the side), as there is an additional box mounted on top of the diorama. There is no explanation in the accompanying summary as to what this is, or if it is an integral part of the diorama.

As the thread is locked and it is an 'off forum entry', is there a way of finding out further information?

• RMweb Gold

No problem with that Stu; the answer is 205 completed forms.

Thanks for that Andy - 205 votes (less the 31 entrants) = 176.

What's the latest figure, please ?

Edited by Stubby47

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

102 people were apathetic enough to look at the page and not register a vote.

oops... :blush:...two of those occaisions might have been me...opened it to cast my votes...then got interupted by the kids kicking off and had to abort.

Hopefully I will get my chance tonight when they have gone to bed and my wife is AWOL... :yes: