HO Monon inspired layout

It was in the last Society newsletter and was mentioned as part of all our own. I am putting together a piece that will go on the club room noticeboard and will go on the Society website

Well, as I don't recollect having had a 'last newsletter' and missed 'all your own' then I'm completely in the dark!

• 2 weeks later...

Weekend exhibiting at Ally Pally on WRMS Troutons and on the MRC second hand stall a Monon C 628 which would have been too powerful for the likes of Vimes Street but for £30 including additional decals etc and with wife currently in Germany, no council tax this month was too good an opportunity to miss

post-9435-0-54161700-1522045157_thumb.jpeg

• Like 5

The Monon only kept the C-628's for three years or so, returning them to ALCO IN 1967, who then resold them to the Lehigh Valley. I believe the coal service they were bought for never materialised, and at nearly 400,000lbs they decimated the Monon's trackage.

I hope you've beefed up your baseboards .................. :nono:

The Monon only kept the C-628's for three years or so, returning them to ALCO IN 1967, who then resold them to the Lehigh Valley. I believe the coal service they were bought for never materialised, and at nearly 400,000lbs they decimated the Monon's trackage.

I hope you've beefed up your baseboards .................. :nono:

Yes I understand it was coat traffic to a river, sea barge port that never happened. It runs very sweetly on the rollers and the Silver striping is very neatly applied.

post-9435-0-02261600-1522335957_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Busy with other things but heat of the day has made the garage the cool part to be as the thermometer nudges up higher seemingly every day.

Main extension to layout is a section to be added to the 5th and 7th fiddleyard and will be my entry for the WRMS diorama competition. After November will be added to the layout and that will be that!

Today spent adding decals to steam crane, boom car and tool car courtesy of Tichy Trains.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...