Class 07 Diesel

rembrow

• RMweb Premium

I'm quite happy for the chassis bottom to be higher than the real thing if it means the loco can get over my uncoupling magnets. It should be a simple job to add a bit of card or plastic sheet to the bottom of the chassis if it is important to people.

• 6 months later...

Couple of months to release now according to Hattons. The pictures look like a really beautiful model but......how much is that wealth of fine detail made from brittle injection moulded plastic? Its almost impossible to pick up a class 05 without damaging some part or another. The door handles, so delicate don't even look at them LOL! I love mine but I daren't touch it.
Doesn't change my mind that Heljan's market goal is the collector, not a modeller 

• 2 months later...

They are indeed on their way with deliveries expected next week.

2900_1.JPG

2901_1.JPG

2902_1.JPG

2903_1.JPG

2910_1.JPG

2911_1.JPG

2912_1.JPG

2913_1.JPG

Rest assured the production models won't have frosted glazing; here's one of the actual production models.

image1 (1).jpeg

Thanks to Ben Jones for supplying the timely information.

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Well as I have one of these:

post-18087-0-20929300-1527700651_thumb.jpg

(Silver Fox body on Bachy 03 split chassis), I wasn't going to bother. However, couldn't resist, so will have to pop this on a well known auction site...….

post-18087-0-20929300-1527700651_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tim Hall
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Just but the bullet and ordered mine from rails. Will be a nice companion the my USA tank.

Big James

They're offering a good price at Rails, tempted by the Peakstone one...

All the best,

Keith

They're offering a good price at Rails, tempted by the Peakstone one...

All the best,

Keith

Definitely worth it. They do look absolutely stunning. Due to commitments I’m tempted to build a micro layout for it.

Big James

Edited by Big James
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

From what pictures I can see on Google Images, all members of the class seem to have the bonnet pipe, so I hope it's just a missing detail from the publicity pictures and that either it will be fitted on all, or come as a separate extra.

I hope so too but I’ll admit it makes me nervous.

The linkages to the left-hand front wheel look commendably fine, especially compared to the Hornby Charlies with similar linkages. I hope they aren’t too delicate.

I’ve been looking forward  to these. They look beautiful. Heljan, here’s a chance to recover your reputation!

Hi all

My wife kindly picked up my 07 and it was here when I got home from work.

Initially I am super impressed.

However then I noticed that the cab internal bulk head with the handbrake was rammed up against the control bulk head.

Clearly lose and flopping about :(

Opening instructions are rubbish, you have to undo the screws at all four corners, remove both bonnets before trying to lift off the cab.

That was an easy fix with a bit of glue, however reassembly with those white painted wire and plastic hand rails was a nightmare.

Short nose went back a treat

Long nose refused to go back on and one snapped off the front.

More glue.

Anyway while she was open I found the worm drive, really very small, no lube at all so I fixed that as well.

Its 01:27 now and I am knackered, she runs ok but stalls on points, so I'll need to check the pickups.

Question for those that know please?

The accessory bag has discs ( I get that) 2 black pipe like fittings and four red blocks, what are these and where do they go please?

Cheers all

Mike

To add to my last comments.

This morning I think I have identified what the red blocks are, they are NEM/front plate blanks to hide the coupling hole.

Pickups were duff at one end, very carefully using two very thin screw drivers, bent them to be in contact with the backs of the wheels all the time, loco no longer stalls on points :)

Everything about this loco is fine, fine gears, motor, coupling rods and lubricator, amazing what can be done but sooooo delicate! 

• Like 1

Has anyone actually opened one and got inside? Any space for a decoder and just as importantly any space for a speaker?

Hattons have just told me that they cannot get the loco body off without damage. And it sounded like they had tried more than one of the little devils. 

I had ordered one with sound fitted but have now cancelled the order as an 07 without dcc inside it is about as much use on my railway as a clockwork driven one.

When will Heljan get it right? 

Hattons have just told me that they cannot get the loco body off without damage. And it sounded like they had tried more than one of the little devils. 

I had ordered one with sound fitted but have now cancelled the order as an 07 without dcc inside it is about as much use on my railway as a clockwork driven one.

When will Heljan get it right? 

Hiya, did you see my post number 117, the body comes off easily enough. All four corner screws must be removed, ease the front and rear white handrails out of their sockets.

Lift off each bonnet, tipping it slightly away from the cab, then you can free the cab.

Reassembly requires luck and care with the handrails.  

Hiya, did you see my post number 117, the body comes off easily enough. All four corner screws must be removed, ease the front and rear white handrails out of their sockets.

Lift off each bonnet, tipping it slightly away from the cab, then you can free the cab.

Reassembly requires luck and care with the handrails.  

If Hattons cant do it then I am not risking over £200 to try and fit sound myself!. One assumes Hattons will inform Heljan of this problem.

My question also was how on earth does one service the loco in years to come if dismantling it is a problem,.

If a reputable dealer comes to me offering me a sound fitted green 07 then I may well order it again 

If Hattons cant do it then I am not risking over £200 to try and fit sound myself!. One assumes Hattons will inform Heljan of this problem.

My question also was how on earth does one service the loco in years to come if dismantling it is a problem,.

If a reputable dealer comes to me offering me a sound fitted green 07 then I may well order it again 

Went back to Hattons again quoting the method for dismantling as above and this is their reply

"Unfortunately due to several very small parts that need to be removed as part of the removal of the bodyshell, we are not able to offer a sound or standard fitting service on these loco's, as the parts are almost impossible to re-attach without causing damage to the actual item."

So no 07 for me it would seem

"