Rail Express Modeller Yearbook

Jon020

• RMweb Gold

Well I've read about half of the magazine now and I must say it's a great read especially the section on the weedkiller trains and Diesels in the Duchy so much inspiriration I really need to pull my finger out and get some modelling done !!

• Like 1

Another thing I'd like to see would be articles picking on a wagon type which is available RTR and a selection of pictures of the various traffic flows they were used on. For example, I didn't realise until recently that KFA container flat wagons were used on the West Highland line to transport paper coils under tarpaulin.

• Like 1

Picked up a copy in WHSmith yesterday and was charged right price! On glancing thru have to say this looks superb - possibly best mag I've picked up for years with plenty of material relevant to my d&e era, detailed articles and excellent pics. If only this level could be sustained for a monthly mag but I fear there is not enough feedstock out there for this? Or am I wrong? Would be an immediate subscription for me.... M

Thanks for the comments, glad you're all finding it a good read. The content level wouldn't be sustainable for a monthly issue as a lot of work went into the yearbook by a lot of different people, but there will be more issues, rest assured of that! 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Digital

Reading through my copy for about the 3rd time.

Congrats to all involved and thanks for all the hard

work in putting together this excellent magazine.

Look forward to future issues.

John.

I realise, as has been said, that something like this is not a viable proposition monthly. I personally would be very happy though if I knew that a production like this one might be available quarterly perhaps - I'd ditch all the other monthlies in a flash I'm afraid! Combining the news and inspiration on RMWeb with the images, references, inspiration, etc in this 'Yearbook' would suit me perfectly. I bought the digital edition but am seriously contemplating buying the paper edition too with this one it's so good.

I have found the yearbook to be superb value for money and great service ordered online at classic mags. I particularly enjoyed the article on Corkicle and the train formations also very useful. The layouts and modelling subjects covered are very inspirational and look forward to the next one.

Thanks

Mark

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...