Rail Express Modeller Yearbook

Jon020

I grabbed a copy on the way home... and I feel really rather honoured to see my work in such good company in what looks to me to be a perfect (early) Christmas read - my pages asides ;-)

I'm pleased to see that there's some positive feedback here; I'd be interested in any constructive crit too.

Thanks....

A humbled occasional modeller

Jon

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments chaps, good to hear it's going down well. Just a heads up for those who are having trouble finding it at WH Smiths, we hope to have enough copies to satisfy demand at Warley this weekend! So feel free to pop along to stand B55 and meet the team. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the comments chaps, good to hear it's going down well. Just a heads up for those who are having trouble finding it at WH Smiths, we hope to have enough copies to satisfy demand at Warley this weekend! So feel free to pop along to stand B55 and meet the team. 

I bought a copy in Smiths at Lakeside today, plenty there. But it had £6.99 on it and only when we got home and the wife said" How much was your mag?'" did I realised we'd been charged £7.99, and then remembered the comment in the thread.

So what's the story?

Rob

Edited by mezzoman253

I bought a copy in Smiths at Lakeside today, plenty there. But it had £6.99 on it and only when we got home and the wife said" How much was your mag?'" did I realised we'd been charged £7.99, and then remembered the comment in the thread.

Sounds like WH Smiths have a computer glitch and have over charged you.  Keep the receipt, pop back to them and I would imagine there will be no problem sorting this out.

• RMweb Premium

Sounds like WH Smiths have a computer glitch and have over charged you.  Keep the receipt, pop back to them and I would imagine there will be no problem sorting this out.

I'm going to do just that tomorrow, but in Basildon as Lakeside is a bit further away and would cost more in fuel than the refund.

I'll report back.

Rob

Edit: Have sent an email to W.H.Smith asking about the discrepancy and whether I can get the £1 refunded.

Edited by mezzoman253

There is a 13 page article on Portchullin, which I can vouch is all new including its photographs becauase I wrote it!

I have not seen the rest yet, but I will be keen to do so.

It's worth buying for this alone :no: !

Bill.

• RMweb Premium

I've had a reply to my email to W.H.Smith and they are looking into the discrepancy in cover price and till price. They offered me the £1 difference as a gift card, but I'd already been to the Basildon branch where they refund the £1 to our credit card.

So hopefully you'll only pay £6.99 at Smith's now.

Rob

Edited by mezzoman253

I think you just need to "be aware", as they did try to charge me 7.99 (what the computer said) but I pointed out their error and the pleasant girl apologised realising their mistake - genuinely; it seems that its not an uncommon occurrence - something to watch perhaps

Jon

Edited by Jon020

Having had a chance to read the whole thing now, I thought it was pretty good and a little more substance than the usual RE for me.

As I understand it, the sales are going fairly well and the Rail Express crew either did or nearly sell out of the supplies that they took to Warley.  Simon was hopeful this is not the first and last RE Yearbook!

• Like 3

It certainly looks very good value for the £5 that I paid for it at Warley.  I have yet to finish reading it for the simple reason that I was overcome by post-Warley fatigue on Sunday night and I got only as far as the second page of the Portchullin feature before falling asleep!

Chris

• Like 1

It certainly looks very good value for the £5 that I paid for it at Warley. I have yet to finish reading it for the simple reason that I was overcome by post-Warley fatigue on Sunday night and I got only as far as the second page of the Portchullin feature before falling asleep!

Chris

I found the article interesting and not at all sleep inducing ;-) Edited by Jon020

I whole heartedly agree with all the comments above and wish/hope to see a second annual this time next year. If I'm brutally honest I think that Rail Express Modeller element is THE best modellers magazine/supplement currently in the market place.

• Like 1

Got my copy at Warley on Saturday, unfortunately it's been packed away for Christmas :(  Also picked up 3 back issues and would echo the above comment that the monthly supplement is superb and in future will be picking up a copy of Rail Express monthly.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Picked up a copy in my nearest WHS today and think it well worth having despite the aparently continuing issue over actual price, being charged £7.99 before I realised and getting the £1 back at the till.

Izzy

• Like 2