7mm Lynton & Barnstaple Railway Project; Currently Paused

Indomitable026

Just found this - it would look superb on the layout : 

attachicon.giflb_van.jpg

Surely it could give an inspiration for Bratton coach livery ? And those windows should be incorporated into the observation coach. It's called freelance modelling.... you know it makes sense. :jester:

On the Spotlight news the current L & B have made a planning application too extend another 4.5 miles towards Blackmore Gate. They hope to have it up and running in around 5 years.

That's great news.

I wonder which will get finished first, the layout or the real extension towards Blackmoor...

• Like 1

Just by way of a reminder of where this project has got to, this is the plan we are going forward with;

post-8734-0-04416400-1457905054.jpg

I'm currently working on items for Black Country Blues but can't wait to get started on this, we haven't got very many shows this year so fingers crossed progress will be good...

I've just been looking at the news updates on the real L&B; http://www.lynton-rail.co.uk/, this got me really fired up.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Spot heights calculated from OS contour info and knowing the track through the station is 492' AOD. Quite a time consuming task and Damian also has a load of cross-sections to play with. It's going to make for interesting board construction!

post-6675-0-78729300-1459602262_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

And the sections, key first:

attachicon.gifScreenHunter_41 Apr. 02 17.33.jpg

Section 0

attachicon.gifSection 0 - Copy.jpg

Section 4

attachicon.gifSection 4 - Copy.jpg

Section 8

attachicon.gifSection 8 - Copy.jpg

Section 12

attachicon.gifSection 12 - Copy.jpg

Section 16

attachicon.gifSection 16 - Copy.jpg

Section 20

attachicon.gifSection 20 - Copy.jpg

Thanks must go to Radisson Hotels for sponsoring this production...

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Some excellent news in the latest Narrow Gauge & Industrial Review, an announcement from Slaters that they have acquired the 7mm scale Lynton & Barnstaple range of kits formerly sold by L&B Models.

The range consisted of the Baldwin 2-4-2 "Lyn", all-third coaches 7 - 10 (with the open centre section), composites 5 & 6, and the 4-wheel wagons.  These were high quality resin kits.

Already under development is brake-third coach No.16, in injection-moulded plastic.

I mention it here as so far, I cannot find any announcement on Slaters website.

• Like 2

Some excellent news in the latest Narrow Gauge & Industrial Review, an announcement from Slaters that they have acquired the 7mm scale Lynton & Barnstaple range of kits formerly sold by L&B Models.

The range consisted of the Baldwin 2-4-2 "Lyn", all-third coaches 7 - 10 (with the open centre section), composites 5 & 6, and the 4-wheel wagons.  These were high quality resin kits.

Already under development is brake-third coach No.16, in injection-moulded plastic.

I mention it here as so far, I cannot find any announcement on Slaters website.

Dave,

This is excellent news, particularly for the two volunteers from up 'T' North that had committed to build these from scratch....

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Tree house for niece and nephew now finished.

attachicon.giftreehouse.jpg

Can I start the layout now?

I knew you would have to build something.

When the BBC fiddle project was paused I told spams that in the same way a Gurkha has to draw blood if he un sheaths his knife, you have to make saw dust if you uncover that chop saw

that looks very good

Andy

Tree house for niece and nephew now finished.

Finished? I'm sure H&S will have something to say about the lack of handrails on the steps...!!  :O  :D

That is a really impressive new build. I could quite happily live there...!!

Keith

• Like 1