Revolution Trains - OO - TEA Tanker

Gerald Henriksen

Can I ask whether anyone who has now got their tankers received an email letting them know that their parcel(s) was going to be delivered?

Mine arrived in Oz just minutes ago

The first hint that they might be on the way was a week ago when I checked my RevOlutiOn account & it showed the transaction as completed

The second hint was when I saw the courier walking down the driveway

Opened the first one for a quick look, apart from 1 wheelset having come adrift (very easy fix) they are very very nice nice.

John

As noted in post 467 I didn't have a dispatch note from Revolution and my account wasn't changed to complete. I got the tracking information from the number on the parcel itself, the two had different tracking numbers.

So at some point you'll get a nice surprise, just like it used to be!

Graham

Hmmmm, I'm not keen on this idea as ParcelForce have a habit of not leaving a card through my door, and if the order status isn't updated as showing 'Complete' then how am I supposed to know whether my order is yet to be despatched, has been despatched, or maybe sitting at the ParcelForce depot, or even 'returned to sender' following "unsuccessful delivery"? 

Edited by YesTor

• RMweb Premium

Hmmmm, I'm not keen on this idea as ParcelForce have a habit of not leaving a card through my door, and if the order status isn't updated as showing 'Complete' then how am I supposed to know whether my order is yet to be despatched, has been despatched, or maybe sitting at the ParcelForce depot, or even 'returned to sender' following "unsuccessful delivery"?

How do you ever know you have a parcel? That seems to be a failing with Parcelforce, not anyone who sends the parcel.

How do you ever know you have a parcel? That seems to be a failing with Parcelforce, not anyone who sends the parcel.

Usually when the neighbours turn up on the doorstep with a large brown box under their arm...then how do you explain that to SWMBO who is looking over your shoulder!

How do you ever know you have a parcel?

If I order something then I generally know when and by what means it is due to arrive.

That seems to be a failing with Parcelforce, not anyone who sends the parcel.

The non-leaving of a card is very much a failing with Parcelforce, however if there is forewarning that a parcel is en route (better still with a tracking number) then I know to keep track of its whereabouts online and/or chase it up.  Conversely, the order confirmation from RevolutioN clearly states that, "You will receive notification that your order is "Complete" (ie despatched) when we have posted your order" and from what others are saying that clearly suggests that this doesn't appear to be happening.  Bottom line, if the sender fails to confirm despatch and Parcelfarce fail to leave a card then you potentially have a package in limbo.

Edited by YesTor

If I order something then I generally know when and by what means it is due to arrive.

The non-leaving of a card is very much a failing with Parcelforce, however if there is forewarning that a parcel is en route (better still with a tracking number) then I know to keep track of its whereabouts online and/or chase it up.  Conversely, the order confirmation from RevolutioN clearly states that, "You will receive notification that your order is "Complete" (ie despatched) when we have posted your order" and from what others are saying that clearly suggests that this doesn't appear to be happening.  Bottom line, if the sender fails to confirm despatch and Parcelfarce fail to leave a card then you potentially have a package in limbo.

I read earlier that the intention was to send the orders to those who had paid in full first. That doesn’t seem to be happening either. With 80% sent out, including to people who had balances to pay, I’m gritting my teeth and trying to ignore a little niggle of concern because I know the two of them have a lot to do and not much time to do it in. I won’t be able to supress it if nothing has arrived two weeks from now. Thanks to tablets for blood pressure I shan’t explode so I shall probably implode.  :O

I know the two of them have a lot to do and not much time to do it in.   :O

Yes absolutely, I have politely emailed and telephoned but no response so far.  I too am mindful of the logistics involved in such a project, although I note that Ben is reacting to posts on here pretty rapidly, I would say most kindly that it might be equally nice if someone could respond to a legitimate concern over what could be a potential delivery issue...

I look forward to hearing from someone at RevolutioN soon.

thanks

Al

Edited by YesTor

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Anything over 2kg is sent with ParcelForce. Normally we receive an online notification that it has been sent and this enables us to send notifications to customers.

Over Xmas a number of parcels were left with the post office, but due to a mix up (possibly due to temporary staff working the Xmas rush) they were sent without that online notification being activated, so customers did not in turn receive their note.

We believe this has been sorted now.

We did send smaller packages in order of receipt and payment initially, but the 00 boxes are so much bigger than the N that for some larger orders - whether prepaid or not - we have had to source different boxes and this has taken time.

For future 00 models we are revisiting our dispatch process as, while we cope reasonably well with similar numbers of products in N, in 00 the sheer size makes the logistics considerably harder - probably commensurate with the factor of 8 difference in the volume of each model!

Cheers

Ben A.

Hello all,

Anything over 2kg is sent with ParcelForce. Normally we receive an online notification that it has been sent and this enables us to send notifications to customers.

Over Xmas a number of parcels were left with the post office, but due to a mix up (possibly due to temporary staff working the Xmas rush) they were sent without that online notification being activated, so customers did not in turn receive their note.

We believe this has been sorted now.

We did send smaller packages in order of receipt and payment initially, but the 00 boxes are so much bigger than the N that for some larger orders - whether prepaid or not - we have had to source different boxes and this has taken time.

For future 00 models we are revisiting our dispatch process as, while we cope reasonably well with similar numbers of products in N, in 00 the sheer size makes the logistics considerably harder - probably commensurate with the factor of 8 difference in the volume of each model!

Cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben,

With the quality that you and Mike are producing, I would say that :

You're "Gonna" need a Bigger Boat !!!

Cheers,

Paul.

Edited by Perfect Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Has any body had an issue with bits missing from their 00 tankers?

Only noticed today that 3 of my EWS tankers have brake shoes missing on one of their bogies? Checked in the packaging/box and they are not there, so duly sent an email to their parts dept, but as I know these things have sold out pretty much everywhere I was wondering if anybody else had managed or needed to get spares??

Thanks in advance

• RMweb Gold

Hello Photomunki,

Yours is the first note I have seen about requiring spares.  Once we have got all the models sent out (some people are still waiting - thanks for the patience!) we will ensure you receive the parts you need.

I am sorry they weren't fitted in the first place!

cheers

Ben A.

Hello Photomunki,

Yours is the first note I have seen about requiring spares.  Once we have got all the models sent out (some people are still waiting - thanks for the patience!) we will ensure you receive the parts you need.

I am sorry they weren't fitted in the first place!

cheers

Ben A.

No problem at all Ben - much appreciated and no rush - get your orders sorted first

Regards

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

It is now 3 months since I paid the balance on my order for TEA bogie tankers. I decided to wait this long to give RevolutioN time to deliver my order before making any comment.

On 13 November 2018, I paid for the TEA bogie tankers as I was going abroad until New Years Eve and wanted to ensure my order was waiting for me on my return. In my hall on New Years Eve I found a big box but it was from Irish Model Railways, not RevolutioN. Disappointed, I checked my emails and found a request from RevolutioN for a further £453 which I paid immediately and then went to bed to get over my jet lag.

The following day I checked my credit card account which confirmed my 13 November payment. I contacted RevolutioN and was told my original payment had been ‘missed’; however within days my £453 was refunded. Another 10 days elapsed and I enquired whether my order had been ‘lost’ in the system as well, but was told I would receive an email when my order was ready for dispatch.

I have read the comments on this thread and Ben’s thanks for the patience of those who are waiting still for their tankers to arrive. I was chatting to my accountant who is also a model railway enthusiast and told him of the TEA tanker saga and that others had commented ‘it is not a life and death situation, just toy trains’. Whilst agreeing, he commented that I had paid RevolutioN the thick end of £1,000 of my money and asked what I would do if my business faced a similar dilemma. ‘Simple, employ some temporary staff that any business would do in similar circumstances’, was my reply.

I appreciate the gentlemen at RevolutioN are running a business almost single handed but when I see yet more projects being announced with RevolutioN’s involvement I wonder whether they should be concentrating on fulfilling customer orders rather than chasing future business.

I placed my first order for the TEA tankers with RevolutioN on 7 April 2016 and paid the balance in full on 13 November 2018. I am now beginning to wonder if I will ever see my tankers.

Am I being unreasonable?

• RMweb Gold

Hi Panzer Jaeger,

Sorry for the delay.

It has taken us longer to dispatch the 00 TEAs than we hoped.  This is for various reasons, but primarily sheer scale - as N gauge modellers we just weren't really tuned in to how large the 00 models would be.   This meant that we had to find different packing solutions, storage solutions, etc etc.  

The long list of of excuses could go on, but to cut a long story short Mike and I have been looking for a way to improve our delivery (it's the one area where we really felt we weren't performing) and you'll see we have now arranged for the 00 models to be sent out by Trains4U, which is my local shop and I have every confidence they'll do not just a better job than we were doing, but a brilliant one.

I hope you enjoy your models when you receive them, which should be soon!

cheers

Ben A.

We are sending out our first major batch today, which should encompass all remaining paid up UK orders.

if you haven’t received notification from us yet and are expecting a delivery, please contact Revolution directly, and they can ensure we have your details for delivery.

thanks

Edited by Trains4U

Ok mine have just arrived, 13 various triple packs, picked 4 boxes at random, 4 wagons damaged!! on three the the clamps that hold the tank inplace had fallen off, one had bent brake pipework and one had the walkway slightly bowed on top of the wagon, seems quality control not good, will open the rest later this evening. shame been waiting nearly 2 and a half years.

• RMweb Gold

Hello Tark,

I am sorry you've had problems - we haven't had many reports of problems, so I am sorry your models are affected.

It is quite possible of course that they suffered damage after they left the factory.

Anyway, once you've assessed what your issues are just email us  and we will arrange to swap anything you want to swap or refund you.

cheers

Ben A

3 hours ago, Ben A said:

Hello Tark,

I am sorry you've had problems - we haven't had many reports of problems, so I am sorry your models are affected.

It is quite possible of course that they suffered damage after they left the factory.

Anyway, once you've assessed what your issues are just email us  and we will arrange to swap anything you want to swap or refund you.

cheers

Ben A

So most orders have arrived intact but one order has arrived with several damaged models?

It doesnt take a genius to work out at which point in the journey the damage probably occurred does it!

Oh a clue, it was a long time after it left the factory, but a very short time before it got delivered to the customer.

Edited by royaloak

Lots of things could be inferred by that rather ambiguous statement.

is the accusation levelled at the distributor, courier or customer?

I can assure everyone that we have handled everything with care, packed the parcels well and used a reputable courier service.

My lot arrived this morning. So far I have run one train and all is fairly all right. A brake shoe assembly had come loose from one wagon but was in the box and has been re-attached with superglue. The wagons are impressive and I think they are going to be one of those models that grows on me the more detail I notice. A few of the boxes look slightly battered but they have done their job of keeping the contents intact.

My one big disappointment is the transfers. They are all the same. They would be good for rebranding and re-numbering six Freightliner wagons but not much else. I have some VTG, EWS and Greenergy  wagons with duplicate running numbers and I had hoped that the transfers would enable me to change the duplicates. Looks like a job for Railtec!