Sutton's Locomotive Works class 24

Dan Griffin

http://sulzertype2.co.uk/page.php?p=vote-01

So who has voted for what?

C, D, F and H.

H was hopefully to influence a future headcode variant that could fit the later years in the Midlands. C 'cause it's blue but Scottish variants are a push for me to justify having just changed my layout to fit a late 70s Midlands scene. D so I can replace my Baccy versions of 97201 (both of them!) and F for a bit of Green. :)

Just spoken with Philip Sutton and he told me this which I said I would pass on:

Please, slow down, take time to read through the text, and then go and have a cup of tea or watch the footie and comeback later… there’s no rush! I’m very worried that our cluncky little website is in melt-down. Occasionally, some technical difficulty messages may appear, but all the votes are still going through. We will send out any missing confirmation e-mails in the morning.

That being the case, has anyone tried obtaining the extra water tanks from SLW to do the Conversion?

Yes, but I also wanted a green D5107/D5098 bodyshell so I am holding on in the hope they manage to find one for me. They did say that most if not all parts are allocated to full models.

Remember it is effectively an expression of interest, so just blindly voting for them all unless you really want to buy it later is wasting time really.

I sharn't be voting on any of them, as I've what I need now really as my interest is firmly south  of the Thames generally.

Green, fye and tops, specifically 24092, but what I really want is 24133, in blue with odd ends.

Having said that, though I didn't vote for it I'd struggle to resist buying "experiment" 97201. im just releived that rapido have delayed the hsdt prototype. One of those, a couple of research centre laboratory cars, a apt-p power car and experiment at the other end and my overdraft would be hitting record Levels!

Edited by The Ghost of IKB

Remember it is effectively an expression of interest, so just blindly voting for them all unless you really want to buy it later is wasting time really.

I sharn't be voting on any of them, as I've what I need now really as my interest is firmly south  of the Thames generally.

I intend to buy all eight if at all  possible.

Edited by Brian Hawkins
  • Like 2

As an aside, the Scottish centre headcode disc jobby in blue, would this be suitable for a renumber to 24073?

From Philip:

'Yep. 24073 ex-SCR with centre aligned discs lasted till September 1978 in

a bad external condition (resurrected off the scrap line to help out the

LM)'.

• RMweb Gold

Well I've just placed my votes after this evenings email from SLW.

It looks like the Highland 24/1s are on their way and unusual livery variants - I had no idea that there were blue small yellow class 24s (two of them existed).

The choices are

1. BSYP

2. Two tone green small yellow panel

3.BFYE Glasgow style front end

4. Research department red/blue

5 Crewe built green small yellow

6. Green full yellow panel

7. Highland 24/1 green small yellow headcode box

8. Highland pre tops 24/1 headcode box blue full yellow

Looks like SLW are going to get a large chunk of my railway budget in the forthcoming years. Great work.

Neil

Edited by Downendian
  • Like 2

Well I've just placed my votes after this evenings email from SLW.

It looks like the Highland 24/1s are on their way and unusual livery variants - I had no idea that there were blue small yellow class 24s (two of them existed).

The choices are

1. BSYP

2. Two tone green small yellow panel

3.BFYE Glasgow style front end

4. Research department red/blue

5 Crewe built green small yellow

6. Green full yellow panel

7. Highland 24/1 green small yellow headcode box

8. Highland pre tops 24/1 headcode box blue full yellow

Looks like SLW are going to get a large chunk of my railway budget in the forthcoming years. Great work.

Neil

Knowing my luck they all be released at the same time and my credit card will groan....

Seriously, I think the derby research red/blue will be the top seller, so that's got a vote from me...also voted for the highland blue, but would maybe prefer one of the running numbers to be a post tops, both are the original running numbers... 3 votes in total...that's my 24 fleet complete.... now what about my 25's...?

Knowing my luck they all be released at the same time and my credit card will groan....

From the voting page "Releases will always be spaced to spread any cost - allowing you vote and budget for more than one option if so desired". 

The vote is to gauge interest so possibly some won't be released at all if the model doesn't have enough interest. So some may be removed from the list and other variants added. The idea is you vote for the model you want to see released.

The Facebook page has been updated with the voting so far:

This morning's standings were as follows:

A - 2%

B - 5%

C - 5%

D - 9%

E - 4%

F - 4%

G - 7%

H - 10%

Don't read too much into this - it's very early days!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

From the voting page "Releases will always be spaced to spread any cost - allowing you vote and budget for more than one option if so desired".

The vote is to gauge interest so possibly some won't be released at all if the model doesn't have enough interest. So some may be removed from the list and other variants added. The idea is you vote for the model you want to see released.

The Facebook page has been updated with the voting so far:

This morning's standings were as follows:

A - 2%

B - 5%

C - 5%

D - 9%

E - 4%

F - 4%

G - 7%

H - 10%

Don't read too much into this - it's very early days!

Where did the other 54% go?

Roy

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The following is in no way meant to influence the free choice of members voting...   

post-12815-0-76355100-1492108245.png

...but I'm desperate!

Kev.

(I know this breaks my own self imposed "anything in blue with TOPS numbering" but..   ..isn't she just so GORGOUS!)