Hornby at London Toy Fair

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

What's Downton Abbey . . .

A period drama that finished last Christmas. Sounds about right for Hornby to bring it out a year after it finished.............

As it was supposedly set up north (Yorkshire Way?) perhaps a Q6 and some Gresleys? (not sure why GWR has been suggested?)

• RMweb Gold

It's finished so they announce it now for delivery in 2017 . . ? ;)

(Tongue still in cheek)

The starter set is a bit odd too, why create something when you could do a detailed version for the railroad range? Or is it their first attempt at the IEP ;)

I'm devastated I have no idea as I could do with some blue tack. Ah maybe blue tack is a devious hint, is it a reissue of the triang Blue Pullman . . .

Edited by PaulRhB

Hornby Junior Range:-
Looks really good. I'm sure if I was much smaller I'd be dying to get one. However now I think I can be designing some to match that. Nice that it is 1:87 too. It can match Marklin's offering.

Humbrol 3D printer and filament:-
I once had a bet with a chap who said I'll  buy a 3D printer, I can now say I will end up buying one and I've lost a bet.

Hornby Downtown Abbey set:-

The set is so perfect for a starter set. But I just don't get the Downtown Abbey theme. Nonetheless it is a nice set. But I remember seeing trains on 2 episodes on the "Famous 5" series by Enid Blyton. That would have been more appealing. It had a J94 too, something that Hornby has.

Edited by MGR Hooper!

It's a Holden tank, two four-wheel coaches, and some track. (PS I did ask them to open it, and enquired WTF they thought would buy it a year after the show had closed for good?

The reply was honest at least. "Not sure... It's not my thing."

You win..

Downton Abbey 2.jpg

Please send SAE for the bluetac. ;)

• Like 2

• Administrators

The old Jouef HO Eurostar that they sold to the British market about 20 years ago perhaps?

It looks very similar to the Marklin My World range I reviewed on our Chrismas DVD. As there wasn't any product to be seen, I couldn't confirm anything but it's 1:87, battery powered and made of plastic.