NORTH ROAD

Andrew P

Anyway back to normality now folks and thanks for all your comments, today will see some more running and possibly laying of the Main Running Lines.

Then tonight I'm going around a mates for a Running session on his Torridge Layout, I'm told it COULD involve coffee and a slice of Chocolate Cake. :stinker: :sungum:  :onthequiet:  :onthequiet:  

Tomorrow I need to start another weathering job, I have a box of Locos to do, and later today I'm picking up some wagons from Ashley, and a Type 4 (Class 47) in Green from John, so that will keep me busy most of the week.

You leave that chocolate cake alone, Hahahahahaha, really love the propossed changes on NR should make it much more interesting to operate ?

Yes mate, Loads of inspiration at John's this evening, some great running and good conversation, Oh and the Chocolate cake.

Very nice additions to your ever growing fleet Buddy,

Thanks mate, I had one before if you remember and with SWD Sound and it was lovely, just need to get another Sound Chip sorted once the funds will allow, or sell some MORE un- used /little used stock.

Afternoon all, I've spent a few days quietly working on North Road, (between weathering jobs, see Pencarne) and I'm adding ANOTHER 6 inches to the width to give me more options once I can get to the other side of the Shed.

I wanted a small (think Bescot / cheers GeorgeT for the idea) short Station for DMU to stop at..

I wanted a BLT and small Goods Yard.

I wanted a Freight only Branch.

I wanted a Million Pound win on the Lottery but that never came off.

3 out of 4 ain't bad.

So what have I got? Well here is the basic plan as of today, (things could change tomorrow).

How it is now.

post-9335-0-49246900-1471696453_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-27232900-1471696505_thumb.jpg

What's Planned. Click on image for a better view

post-9335-0-31554200-1471697123_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-24257600-1471696555_thumb.jpg

OK Andy, good so far as it goes, you know what you want-not me, but with the greater width how about accessibility and your ability to reach in?

Thanks John, Yes it was 2ft 6 inches, it's now 3ft, BUT once the pits are laid and the Shed has a Concrete apron around there SHOULD be no more to do along the back other than a wall. Maintenance along the back SHOULD be minimal I hope.

The add on will be removed for fitting the pits and Hard standing before the front Tracks are laid.

Well that's the Plan anyway.

• RMweb Premium

Andy

It is good to see you working up ideas again. I do share John's concern over the width of the board if for no other reason than track cleaning - even if the buildings are removable I think cleaning the rearmost track(s) might be a stretch too far unless you can provide yourself with something to support one hand to take your weight whilst track cleaning with the other hand.

I presume the bay platform provides the link to the branch and not the branch station itself. On that basis how/where do you move stock between the branch and the rest of the layout?

Presumably the branch loco would be berthed in the shed overnight with a shed that big and not out stationed at the other end of the branch (which by inference can't be that long).

Andy

It is good to see you working up ideas again. I do share John's concern over the width of the board if for no other reason than track cleaning - even if the buildings are removable I think cleaning the rearmost track(s) might be a stretch too far unless you can provide yourself with something to support one hand to take your weight whilst track cleaning with the other hand.

I presume the bay platform provides the link to the branch and not the branch station itself. On that basis how/where do you move stock between the branch and the rest of the layout?

Presumably the branch loco would be berthed in the shed overnight with a shed that big and not out stationed at the other end of the branch (which by inference can't be that long).

Hi Ray, The Branch connects to the Main at the Bay Platform at North Road Station that will be where Pen is at the moment and be very much like Pen Junction Station was. The Branch Loco will run Light Engine from North Road to the Depot.

post-9335-0-46442500-1471727941_thumb.png

I may still move the Station at North Road onto a curve the same as Pen Junction.

• RMweb Gold

Andy,

Have some agreement with those who think that the extra width might be a concern especially when friends come round for a session.  The added width in Coopers and Marston made things easier to run but two bodies passing  ... has caused the odd problem.  Obviously time will tell - as you say "it is only a plan ...".

Cheers,Peter

Andy,

Have some agreement with those who think that the extra width might be a concern especially when friends come round for a session.  The added width in Coopers and Marston made things easier to run but two bodies passing  ... has caused the odd problem.  Obviously time will tell - as you say "it is only a plan ...".

Cheers,Peter

Morning Peter, yes its only a plan, I've not yet had to clean the Track on Pen, so if I had to do the far Shed Road Tracks a couple of times a year it shouldn't be to bad. As for the width of the walkways, it's ONLY ME 99% of the time anyway. 

A day off today, and then have another look at it on Monday.

Can I do a "me-too" post?

Me Too!

Anyway I thought you were having a day off!

Your names made me chuckle: "Nondore End Colliery" and "Board Edge Lane"... Classic!

Al.

Hooray Al, some one actually gets the  joke. there will also be the River Dore at the Door end, hahah

Hi Andy. I much prefer this to the original idea.

Thanks Duncan

Guest Digital

Or something like this which I much prefer.

attachicon.gifFULL PLAN 2 - Copy.png

Hi Andy,

You certainly don't let the grass grow under your feet.

The second idea looks like a cracking plan to me.

Look forward to seeing things develop.

Cheers

John

Why not have a connection from the branch to the main? Or am I missing something?

Like the plan though, looks like it has plenty of operational potential.

Peter

There is a connection from the Branch to the main line at North Road and will be joined to the main again to the right towards the door.

Yes LOADS of operation.

Hi Andy,

You certainly don't let the grass grow under your feet.

The second idea looks like a cracking plan to me.

Look forward to seeing things develop.

Cheers

John

Hi John, Good to hear from you again, thanks, I was going to wait until Pen was sold but I needed to make a start as I was getting bored already.

Hope things are well with you.

Hopefully more work on North Road over the next couple of weeks, I want to lay the Yard connection from the Main Lines which is above the Workbench, and then maybe the start of the curve towards the door section, this will also enable me to lay the points for Board Edge Lane. I will also try and get the Shed Road pits and Hard standing laid in the next couple of weeks.

Loads to do but I have a few weeks before I can really offer Pencarne up for Sale, and then it may take a little while to sell. Once that's gone I can make the Base Boards for the other side of the Layout and complete the door section.

Archived