Farish Announcements

Andy Y

I'm not so sure I follow that. Surely the list is all releases we can expect to see in 2010 while those highlighted in blue are all new tooling over previous catalogues. The class 47s, Jublees, stainer coaches, MBA/MOA wagons, and Black 5 (and others) were all in last years catalogue (weren't they?) and yet are still on the list, so why not the 3MT and 9F? My reading is they aren't listed because they won't get released in 2010. But then who knows exactly how Bachmann work.

G.

Well, according to their website, Farish have the 3MT down as June/July and the 9F as... er... squiggle? Meaning that there's no date for the 9F yet...

Woah - they're nice! I'm guessing they'll follow a similar strategy for the 2mm ones as they did with the 4mm ones, producing the SO/SK/BSK/CK first then follow on with the RU/RMB/RFO/FK/BCK/BG/GUV at a later date/date.

This could be a bad, bad move for my 4mm plans...

Pix

Excellent... (Thanks for the link Tom... PS are you picking up PMs at the moment?)

...those Mark Ones look fantastic. I have been avoiding buying the printed Farish ones figuring that this 'next generation' can't be far off. I suppose I can use my motley fleet of moulded Lima (!!) and Minitrix ones to practise subtle weathering before inflicting it on these beauties.

• RMweb Gold

I've been thinking of getting 4 blue/grey MKIs for Sprinter replacement service for a while now, glad I didn't get round to it!

Still can't believe that the Class 60 in original Railfreight Sector livery hasn't been announced, however I'm glad there isn't too much to temp me as I've planned to plough a fair amount of dosh Dapol's way this year. Don't think I'll be able to resist an 03 in blue, glad they have chosen one that lasted until 1988, and is currently preserved too.

Just wondering if some of the OO gauge Scenecraft buildings that were announced will get shrunk down like they normally do. The 4 road steam shed reminds me of Northwich, and I've always had a soft spot since my Dad used to take me there in the early 80s. Could make a nice mini layout with some blue 24/25/40/47s. Anyway I digress.

Looks like most items are on Hattons for pre-orders now.

What I must keep telling myself this year is that I have no use for a Prototype Deltic.

Must not buy DP1

Must not buy DP1

Must not buy DP1......

The new Black 5 looks excellant, certainly will be a couple heading down under my way when they are released. and with the Aussie doller being the highest its ever been against the pound, cheaper too.

Do I live in hope that one day Bachmann might downscale their proposed S&DJR 7F down to N unsure.gif

• RMweb Gold

What I must keep telling myself this year is that I have no use for a Prototype Deltic.

Must not buy DP1

Must not buy DP1

Must not buy DP1......

You think you've got problems, I havn't got an N gauge layout, still .........

• RMweb Premium
This could be a bad, bad move for my 4mm plans...

Pix

And very good for your 2mm plans......you do still have 2mm plans don't you?

And Dave. That rake of stock in the photo shown on Rail Express Modeller is a very mixed rake indeed. http://railexpressmodeller.wordpress.com/

Michael

What to buy, when to buy. Bother!

And very good for your 2mm plans......you do still have 2mm plans don't you?

Aye - Parkends going to be after Roath, got a massive pile of Stephen Harris' 16Ts and Dogfish awaiting my attention. Then after that I've got a 'Queen' idea building upto something more 'General'. wink.gif

Forgot to say before - I'm quite surprised the 24 hasn't morphed into a 25 this year. I guess Bachmann might be allowing traders to try and shift the old 25's before treating us to a shiney new one.

Pix

Aye - Parkends going to be after Roath, got a massive pile of Stephen Harris' 16Ts and Dogfish awaiting my attention. Then after that I've got a 'Queen' idea building upto something more 'General'. wink.gif

Forgot to say before - I'm quite surprised the 24 hasn't morphed into a 25 this year. I guess Bachmann might be allowing traders to try and shift the old 25's before treating us to a shiney new one.

Pix

Was expecting something similar myself, perhaps it just hasn't surfaced yet, they've got the chassis and the base in the 4mm models so it's a logical progression given we've had the downsized 24, 37, 47 and 08. I can wait, there are Black 5s, Standards and an 03 to be had first.

They've got the chassis and the base in the 4mm models so it's a logical progression given we've had the downsized 24, 37, 47 and 08.

Sadly scaling down is all they seem to have done - I'd of loved it if they'd taken comments from the 4mm models to help improve the 2mm ones. The 37 headcode boxes are still too high and the 24 shares the same cab roof profile/roof detail issues as it's bigger brother. I'm not having a whinge as these models are miles ahead of the Farish models that went before them but it'd of been nice to taken some of the critisisms and used them constructively.

C'est la vie - It won't stop be from buying them, just takes a little longer to finish them!

Pix

I know I have the advantage of knowing the answer, but that cryptic clue is terrible Pix biggrin.gif , I have one MDV ready though .

My plans are for freight only, although those MkI's are lovely, must resist temptation.

Pix

Perhap's after the cl24 they may be thinking of doing some alterations, instead of a straight copy of the 4mm version, here's wishingsmile.gif

Trevor

It's all very good wishing they would alter the moulds, but that would be effectively a new model and all it's inherrent costs which would be passed straight on to us.

I am happy to take mini-me's if the prices stay reasonable as they are and I get to see some good LNE Pacifics in the next two years.

If they are doing Mk1 coaches, does this mean we might get a certain A1 to accompany them biggrin.gif

They better had be, an A1 and an A2 will do nicely and next year Bulleid coaches and a rebuilt WC/BOB please.

Course if they're doing an LNE pacific or 2 then an A4 is hardly out of the question is it.

Blimey this is turning into a wishlist/what logical progression can Farish follow thread.

I too thought we'd get a Class 25 or two. I need some for my WCML 1980s themed layout.

Hopefully there might be an announcement later this year, or maybe I'll have to wait another 12 months.

Branchie.

So you'll be hoping for an 85 getting shrunk in the wash then.

Archived