GWR B set transfers

• RMweb Gold

I'm looking at getting some transfers made for the ends of my b set coaches.I want them for the Kingsbridge branch No1 and 2 but need a clearer photo that shews the letters better.The letters look white but I would like to see another example.I know other branches had them too. Anyone help.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Rob

Stephen Williams GW Branch line modelling Part Two Page 92 has quite a good shot of a pair of Bristol Div B sets at Wells

If you can't access the book let me know and I will scan it for you

Regards

John

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

A bump for this thread and here we see 4582 leaving Avonwick shewing the end of the B set branding well.

Copyright J Scott-Morgan collection.

post-126-0-42867400-1461948175_thumb.jpeg

post-126-0-37959800-1461948187_thumb.jpeg

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I also need something like this for my B Set for the Llanfyllin Branch

post-83-0-55141600-1463591820_thumb.jpg

post-83-0-81263700-1463592134_thumb.jpg

Both photos are taken from GWR Journal 61 from Wild Swan Publications and are credited to H.F. Wheeler

I believe there were 2 sets on marked Llanfyllin, Llanymynech and Oswestry Branch No 1 and the other No 2

Would appreciate any help in acquiring a set of these transfers. I assume there would be one on the brake end of each coach

• Like 5

I also need something like this for my B Set for the Llanfyllin Branch

attachicon.gifB Set at Llanymynech.jpg

attachicon.gifLlanymynech_edit.jpg

Both photos are taken from GWR Journal 61 from Wild Swan Publications and are credited to H.F. Wheeler

I believe there were 2 sets on marked Llanfyllin, Llanymynech and Oswestry Branch No 1 and the other No 2

Would appreciate any help in acquiring a set of these transfers. I assume there would be one on the brake end of each coach

Would love to get a copy of this photo without the crease (centrefold!), does anyone know if the photos of H.F. Wheeler are available to purchase from anyone, I have tried googling to no avail

Would love to get a copy of this photo without the crease (centrefold!), does anyone know if the photos of H.F. Wheeler are available to purchase from anyone, I have tried googling to no avail

You could try contacting Wild Swan or Cygnet perhaps, or the author (via Wild Swan).

HTH

Martin

Trade secret..... :triniti:

You don't need any special software. All major photoshop programs should work.

You do, however need the right font, which I found thanks to gwrrob and this site: http://www.uksteam.info  page http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gwr-elist/files, font  GWR Nameboards.ttf.  (but you need to be a member or register)

Install it in windows and it should the be available in your photoshop program. With some experimenting with letter spacing, line spacing, stretching, opacity etc. you should be able to make a accurate 00 copy of the text you want. Good quality printable transfer paper is widely available, but the hard part is printing the texts, because you ideally need a printer that can print white! And those are about as rare as hens teeth, but luckily enough for me a friend of mine has one!

Edited by Trains&armour
  • Like 1

Trade secret..... :triniti:

You don't need any special software. All major photoshop programs should work.

You do, however need the right font, which I found thanks to gwrrob and this site: http://www.uksteam.info  page http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gwr-elist/files, font  GWR Nameboards.ttf.  (but you need to be a member or register)

Install it in windows and it should the be available in your photoshop program. With some experimenting with letter spacing, line spacing, stretching, opacity etc. you should be able to make a accurate 00 copy of the text you want. Good quality printable transfer paper is widely available, but the hard part is printing the texts, because you ideally need a printer that can print white! And those are about as rare as hens teeth, but luckily enough for me a friend of mine has one!

If you don't have access to a printer which can print white, the answer is to use white transfer paper and make the background the colour of the side, black in this case. With a little judicious weathering, you should not see the join.

Mark A

• 1 year later...