Lymebrook Yard

sf315

Layout and scenery looking good, the flats are great

Mind out for the flat residence moaning about the train noises and smelly diesel fumes !

We used to get phoned up nearly every night from an old biddy from local flats complaining about the Yard at Northampton !

Richard

A view over the backscene.
A BRCW class 104 makes its station stop and waits for the road, while a class 20 waits for its crew to finish there tea break so they can continue to shunt the yard.

IMG_1549.JPG

post-5955-0-87079300-1494682088.jpg

Edited by sf315
  • Like 12

Yet another exemplary layout from the most prolific of N gauge layout builders.

Don't anyone blink or you'll miss another as they roll off the assembly line.

;-)

G.

• Like 3

Yet another exemplary layout from the most prolific of N gauge layout builders.

Don't anyone blink or you'll miss another as they roll off the assembly line.

;-)

G.

Thanks Grahame

I dont think there will be much more from me for a while no room :no:

I do still have another couple of ideas in the head for layouts for the future.

Dont forget that there is also Farmers Drove that is being worked on.

Thanks Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Lymebrook Yard is all cleaned and rolling stock sorted ready for showcase this weekend. It is stacked with all the ancillaries needed and is in the front room ready for loading Friday.

It's next outings after are

St. John's in Newcastle under Lyme 29th and 30th July

And then Shenfield 16th September.

Thanks Steve.

• Like 2

Lymebrook brook Yard is set up and running ready for its show debut at DEMU showcase event in Burton on Trent over the weekend. We're in the main hall in the corner next to Revolution Trains blink and you'll miss us.

Hopefully see some of you tomorrow.

Thanks Steve

post-5955-0-25060800-1496419846.jpg

• Like 8

Lymebrook brook Yard is set up and running ready for its show debut at DEMU showcase event in Burton on Trent over the weekend. We're in the main hall in the corner next to Revolution Trains blink and you'll miss us.

Hopefully see some of you tomorrow.

Thanks Steve

Shame I couldn't be there this weekend.

Good luck and I hope it all runs well.

Carl

• Like 1

Lymebrook Yard is all cleaned and rolling stock sorted ready for showcase this weekend. It is stacked with all the ancillaries needed and is in the front room ready for loading Friday.

It's next outings after are

St. John's in Newcastle under Lyme 29th and 30th July

And then Shenfield 16th September.

Thanks Steve.

Cant make showcase but I'll look forward to seeing your layout at Shenfield in September

Steve.

Hello all

Day one went really really well. No major disasters and I was surprised by the amount of interest. Pictures were taken by people from all angles even the back of the layout was photographed on a few occasions.

We've coined a slogan for the layout which is going to be painted on the front. "What you can do in 4 by 2 ".

Usually the Sunday is a bit quieter at the show but looking forward to day 2 and more shunting.

Thanks Steve.

• Like 3

Star of the show for me.

'Makes me wish I had visited the real location', that's how realistic and good the quality of modeling was. You really believe it could have been based on a real location, not just some ones imagination

I went to the DEMU Showcase exhibition yesterday as part of a last minute trip and I stopped by your layout on a number of occasions on my tour round the town hall.

I and several others am impressed at what anybody can do for a good N Gauge layout in that kind of space, but as my current layout is slightly bigger, (measuring 6" 6' x 2" 6') but whenever in the next few years when I decide to build my next one, I'll see if I can 'challenge' myself to built a layout in the same space you have done.

Sam

Thanks for the comments above guys

Again the layout worked well today with no major disasters. At the end of the show we were packed up and on our way home within 20 minutes.

Really enjoyed the show. Next outing is a local show to me in Newcastle under Lyme the town where the layout is set and also where I live.

Thanks glad people enjoyed the layout. Would be interested in seeing any pics anyone took. Please feel free to post on here if you wish too.

Steve.

• Like 1

Many thanks islander. They're great.

It's always interesting to see someone else's pictures to see what the photographer sees as a picture they want to take. I like the last two.

Thanks Steve.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Steve,

Lymebrook Yard is a fantastic layout, oozing atmosphere and the genius is that despite being fictitious it's absolutely believeable.

Thanks very much for letting me take a couple of snaps of the Class B sample - I thought even in unpainted form it looked right at home!

post-420-0-24280300-1496607551_thumb.jpg

post-420-0-80887700-1496607983_thumb.jpg

Hope you don't mind me posting these pics!

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A
  • Like 8