Grim-up-North; Goathland, Queensbury & Bradford.

Sasquatch

Morning Shaun, what a wonderful Mill, Like Bacup, Mills give so much atmosphere to a Layout, and yours is up there with the best of them.

I also like Al's idea of Ancaster Mill.

Great modelling from over the Pond.

Morning Shaun,

Great to see you 'steaming' again and we have all missed the inspirational photographs! The Mill is superb and I think Al's suggestion, as endorsed by Andy and Duncan is a very good idea for a tribute. I also think that Dave would have appreciated your skilful modelling, especially when your impaired hand is taken in to account! Goathland is now back on my list of daily visits (which by the way is getting too long!). Look forward to the next episode, and especially to seeing how you cover those beautifully crafted baseboards that you teased us with an age ago in post #888!

Kind regards,

Jock.

PS I'd probably have translated it as 'Life's too brief' but my Latin is from school in Scotland 'X' years ago! J.

Edited by Jock67B
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Mum got confused on the phone the other day when I told her I was having my 26th consecutive 20th birthday. I could here my dad in the background saying he's 48!

Well I did have 2 consecutive 18ths mum!  Still a danger to the opposite sex BTW. It's all the fresh mountain air.

There's cabinets under construction in my workshop Jock, so the layout extension is on hold.  The customers came to visit today and brought Brendas dad. He's 98 and still gets about real fine, he was quite impressed with Goathland too.

Am putting the final details on that mill, pictures next.  

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium

These pictures have shown up a few gaps here and there. The weathering still needs doing but I'm getting there.............

This roof is from O gauge corrugated Plastruct with bolts punched from the rear. Each section needed 3 types of glue to hold it. Super glue along the top, PVA along the middle and liquid plastic glue to join the sheets to each other. 

post-8964-0-68425400-1413311899_thumb.jpg

Drain pipes, gutters and roof paint on the ware house.

post-8964-0-52224600-1413311933_thumb.jpg

View of the ware house with the tower in the back ground, this view shows the sheer scale of the building. 

post-8964-0-93174200-1413312119_thumb.jpg

The tower is 36cm high.

post-8964-0-14411700-1413312011_thumb.jpg

post-8964-0-84961900-1413312071_thumb.jpg

post-8964-0-33836800-1413312053_thumb.jpg

post-8964-0-82683100-1413311962_thumb.jpg

post-8964-0-84958100-1413312031.jpg

The lift (still needs a hoist) backs onto the number two warehouse.

post-8964-0-77876200-1413312090_thumb.jpg

post-8964-0-77092300-1413311989_thumb.jpg

post-8964-0-19552100-1413312138_thumb.jpg

post-8964-0-40882300-1413312168_thumb.jpg

The Nissan hut is an Italari product and will be next door and over grown with weeds and surrounded with junk

post-8964-0-40582000-1413312189_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Hi David.

Yes that's the first thing came into my head. After thinking about it though maybe something that would not cause confusion over it being Dave's work.

I'm leaning toward   O.F.ANCASTER.        COLONIAL MILLS  

or

COLONIAL MILLS OF ANCASTER

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Like 5

I really like the nissan hut.............

......ok ok.....the mill is REALLY tasty......;p.........

but I have not seen the nissan hut before and it has a lot of detail. The mill is of course .......craftsmanship in another arena....so much work....I remember the comment you made about all the windows....I'm not certain I would have that much patience. But then again look what you end up with......a scruffy old building...... :jester:

• Like 4

N.B. this post was 1001 and was deleted to let Sasquatch move to his own 1000th post.....but as he answered my post....I have placed this here.....otherwise he looks as mad as two squirrels collecting stones LOL.......

Now I know I shouldn't nag. But how is the layout coming along, are any of those wonderful buildings getting a permanent home? Any pictures? Even of the local wild life.......and no pictures of Mrs Sasquatch threatening to bash you because you are playing trains does NOT count.  :jester:

.....so Sasquatch responded in post 1002 but in a moment will be post 1000 (if that does not add up it is because I am also deleting post 997....LOL)

• Like 1

So does that mean they wont be mending Hadrians Wall after all.

You wont have to worry about obtaining a new passport now Jock mate.

Edit: I would celebrate with a full British breakfast but we can't get back bacon over here!

All the best, Shaun.

biscuits, bacon and maple syrup then..... transferred from post 997 only in order to move Sasquatch to his own 1000th post.....and really it is an expendable post........so only for postal correctness.

ah...oooo......did you want 1000th post I assume yes, but had you wanted 1000replies i.e. 1001 I had best NOT remove my 997. Sasquatch......Pls clarify.

Oh and for anyone reading Sasquatch did not ask me to delete posts, when I realised that Kal and I had nabbed the spots, and could rectify this I messed with my posts in order to have his own 1000th (or 1001th) spot. Kal and I nearly always do something for our own. Oh...and if anyone else has a similar issue....give me the nod. I'll try to help....but dont forget theres a knock on effect....if another earlier post gets deleted it can throw everything out of whack!!!!!! This can be re corrected by deleting more posts until you drag another in to the correct spot....but it does start to get farcical.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

If anyone is wondering what all the confusion is about.............

Posted Yesterday, 13:55 On AV........ 

Jaz, on 14 Oct 2014 - 13:06, said:

actually Sasquatch beat him to it......
so I copied an entry,
Kal put in the K quickly....
then I deleted my post
and reposted once Kal got the 300.......LOL......and Sasquatch was pushed to 299

So I replied

I wondered where my post went! :O

Perhaps I should go over to my thread and .............er ...........boot Kal off the 1000 spot. :protest:

Jilted smartarse. :jester:

Funny x 5

Kal you are most welcome to the post my friend.

I was joking about and did include the jester just put it in the wrong spot!

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

I really like the nissan hut.............

I have not seen the nissan hut before and it has a lot of detail.

The hut is by Italari the military model people. It's 1/72 scale. You get two in the box for about 14 quid!

I sprayed it with grey primer before going to town with the crafters acrylic weathering job. Much fun!! 

Now I know I shouldn't nag. But how is the layout coming along, are any of those wonderful buildings getting a permanent home? Any pictures? Even of the local wild life.......and no pictures of Mrs Sasquatch threatening to bash you because you are playing trains does NOT count.  :jester:

Ok ok.........The permanent home for all the mills will be a 3'-4' wide hillside valley setting traversed buy two viaducts carrying two different lines that will converge into a four lane on a sweeping curve. There will be a fifth goods line on a lower level. All this in 23'.

At present I'm building a 9x8 TV/bookcase unit for a customer and then a 10' dining table. After that I can start Queensbury!! And will be doing our new bath room.

I hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew with this huge layout dream or the bathroom!

Will get some pictures up a bit later.

The thing with RMweb is when you are answering a post, especially when you have an OPINION regards what you are posting...and the other half wants you to do something NOW, and you need to get the post you are doing off your chest.......in other words...many of us treat RMweb as real time.....which annoys the hell out of people who don't do RMweb,,,and sometimes annoys those who do do RMweb.....as in Kal and myself LOL. AND often you want to answer quickly before someone changes the subject and YOU look like a pedantic for bringing it back up.... :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

Does she play the exercise games on Wii....cardio vascular exercise is good for you :angel: Tennis, dancing.

The hut is by Italari the military model people. It's 1/72 scale. You get two in the box for about 14 quid!

I sprayed it with grey primer before going to town with the crafters acrylic weathering job. Much fun!! 

Ok ok.........The permanent home for all the mills will be a 3'-4' wide hillside valley setting traversed buy two viaducts carrying two different lines that will converge into a four lane on a sweeping curve. There will be a fifth goods line on a lower level. All this in 23'.

At present I'm building a 9x8 TV/bookcase unit for a customer and then a 10' dining table. After that I can start Queensbury!! And will be doing our new bath room.

I hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew with this huge layout dream or the bathroom!

Will get some pictures up a bit later.

No hurry.....daresay we'll enjoy a sneak view of the bathroom too :sungum: OTT being some light relief from frantic modelling :jester: