Grim-up-North; Goathland, Queensbury & Bradford.

Sasquatch

• RMweb Premium

Talking of which.........is it half term mate?         (Says he................ sitting in the warm typing on here when I should be building cabinets....)

I kind of like the time difference because you lot are all in the land of nod during my evenings so that I can get on modeling in peace!!!!!

• Like 2

Talking of which.........is it half term mate?         (Says he................ sitting in the warm typing on here when I should be building cabinets....)

I kind of like the time difference because you lot are all in the land of nod during my evenings so that I can get on modeling in peace!!!!!

This week and then next week until half term and a trip up t' north

• Like 3

I'm normally up till the early hours :beee:  :beee:

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

This evening I dug out all the cardboard boxes of scenic stuff for an assessment or stock take. Tons of it!

Then I got to playing around and applied some to the Linka ruined chapel that had a repaint recently.

I thought some of you might like it.

post-8964-0-30326700-1413435203_thumb.jpg

post-8964-0-91694800-1413435221_thumb.jpg

post-8964-0-86547300-1413435240_thumb.jpg

This last photo shows the advantages of remaking the molds in RV rubber and casting with resin or two part plastic.  

The chapel fell down the stairs when we were moving in and the only damage was to the crosses on the apexes of the walls!

post-8964-0-03347900-1413435259_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Hi Neil mate.

All our scenic materials are kept in plastic tupperware. the kind that sandwich meat comes in. Mrs. S. is a very organized person!

My guess is that it's woodland scenic!

Shaun (up way too early this morning) 

• RMweb Premium

No posts this week folks. Dumb-arse sank a big nail into the bottom of his foot and can't stand as it's far too painful.

So I've been watching all the war movies. I hate being stuck on the sofa.

Any suggestions of what modeling would be suited to the sofa are most welcome.

Accident prone now with a sore backside.

No posts this week folks. Dumb-arse sank a big nail into the bottom of his foot and can't stand as it's far too painful.

Hi mate, Sorry to hear about the nail in the foot, I feel for you, I did the same thing about four years ago when we were dismantling our old Club Layout, (Worthington East) that had stood for just over 40 years, the scenics were stuffed with KP Nuts packets marked in the old 4d money. It was in RM back in 84 I think it was.

Some pics of it below to help pass the time of day, you may remember it

Just 4 evenings work to rip it to bits, the brown / orange powder on the floor is the remnants of the Woodworm.

post-9335-0-59867800-1413743893_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-61002000-1413744180_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-35046900-1413744190_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-26172400-1413744250_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-77784700-1413744302_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-17354300-1413744310_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the pictures Bodge mate. I call that the Sunday roast effect........Takes ages to put together and gone quicker than you can say grace!

(we've got a chicken in the fridge Mmmmmmm).

When I get back on my feet I'll go and dig through my RM collection to see if I have that copy. I know that I used to but gave all my mags away when I moved over here. Then I met this nice guy Chris who sold me his late fathers collection, so I'm not sure I have it!!

Regards Squatch.

oooh ouch!!!!!! I'm probably too late.....but a food tray, and a couple of paints, and pay with some people, or make trees......

Hi mate, Sorry to hear about the nail in the foot, I feel for you, I did the same thing about four years ago when we were dismantling our old Club Layout, (Worthington East) that had stood for just over 40 years, the scenics were stuffed with KP Nuts packets marked in the old 4d money. It was in RM back in 84 I think it was.

Some pics of it below to help pass the time of day, you may remember it

Just 4 evenings work to rip it to bits, the brown / orange powder on the floor is the remnants of the Woodworm.

I hope you had a big box of tissues with you!!!!!!!

On another note the summer has gone, and I never got the Linka out. BUT once the insulation is complete....which is still taking it's time.....I plan to get my finger out. Especially with the ruined chapel for inspiration... :sungum:

edit= I appear to be like buses....nothing for ages then 3 come along all at once.... :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jaz.

Have been weathering some stock while keeping off of the foot (course of antibiotics and foot baths etc.) More on the stock later!

I'll be needing some stone terraced housing for the mill town and will make these from linka brickwork panels. Just one house out of which I'll make a new RV rubber mold and cast as many houses as I need. These houses in Keighley suit the type just right all being the same way around and not in pairs!

You can see which Linka parts will be needed, the doors gutters and drain pipes will be added to each house after they are cast. 

post-8964-0-71356900-1414372250.jpg

Foto from Google earth

• Like 6

looks good, if i made drainpipes they would probably look just like those....lol.......hope the foot is getting better........and your not still putting on while the other half brings you lovely cups of chocolate and cream ;p

Hi Shaun, I like the thoughts of you doing all those Terraced Houses, that will be worth watching, will they be Full Houses or Half Relief?

Hope the foots getting better mate, it must have made you,

Hopping mad. :no:  :no: :no:  :no:  :no:  

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi guys!!

The foot is much better thanks now that the puss has come out (yuk)! I even managed a walk with the dogs yesterday.

I'm a long way off making those terraces but it's good to plan ahead as the two part plastic I use doesn't have a good shelf life so many castings will be made all at once!

We have used up all of our internet gigs watching Netflix, so apologies if you think I've been neglecting your threads my friends. All the likes/craftsmanship ratings will commence on the 9th!!!!

Squatch 

• RMweb Premium

So what's the old homogiganticus been up to while incapacitated.
First I dug out two Parkside kits of Southern region parcels vans that got built years ago and I thought I'd bring them up to standard with some devilish detailing.
After replacing the various bits that had gone astray, window bars where fashioned from micro strip and glued in after painting black.
Grab handles and  locking bars were added to the ends from staples and rod.

post-8964-0-79610800-1414784615_thumb.jpg
Extra brake rigging details were added.

post-8964-0-92862000-1414784542_thumb.jpg

post-8964-0-03825900-1414784600_thumb.jpg

Then I decided to try some weathering techniques new to me.
Some crafters acrylics were mixed to a sludgy black-grey-brown and thinned with water. Working quickly this was painted on and wiped off before it dried.
A thicker  wash was then painted onto all the black under frame parts.
Happy with the results I confidently set about doing some expensive Hornby stock.

post-8964-0-27524100-1414784580_thumb.jpg

post-8964-0-51789300-1414784560_thumb.jpg

post-8964-0-82437600-1414784632_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Hey, thanks Will!

Trying to get rid of that plastic look, but also avoiding the light brown weathering that comes on some RTR stock.

The vans had been sprayed with Railmatch BR crimson aerosol which is much better than Hornbys rendering of it. They didn't look right however until I painted the ends matt black!  

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Like 2

Afternoon Shaun,

Great to see you back in action and, straight away, teaching us a few new tricks! Hope you'll soon be getting back to putting something on those superb baseboards you made some time back?

Hope you are 100% healed soon!

Kind regards,

Jock.