Thomas RHENEAS Bachmann USA

Stevelewis

• RMweb Gold

The only issue with Duncan is the tv version looks quite a bit bigger boilered than the real loco so may not make an easy conversion to either the original loco or book version. Peter Sam's tv model is also afflicted with a much less refined front end than the real loco, it will be interesting to see what they do.

I'm hoping they do 'Duncan' after Rusty (i too can't wait for him but hope they manage to deliver in 2018).

As you say, I think Duke would be incredibly popular!

On a separate note I'd be intrigued to see if, with the growing popularity of RTT OO9 one of the retailers such as Hattons or Rails or someone like Model Rail takes the plunge to develop their own OO9 models.

Greg

Duncan?  Duke??  Oh no - that's 2 more models where my kits have been overtaken by RTR [GEM Douglas & Prince for the uninitiated].  And I thought it was only 00 standard gauge where that was a risk.  Ho hum.

• 2 weeks later...

Tootally Thomas are the Uk importer, he may sill have supplies from the first batch.

Fraid not. Tootally thomas now out of stock as well. there will be some kicking about - after all theyre hardly going to stop making Thomas & Friends models anytime soon, and some will make their way over from the USA to the UK

• RMweb Gold

I'd suggest dropping a line to Tootally via the contact page on his site as Steve is very helpful and probably has another batch on order when available as he imported a huge pallet of them and they've obviously gone.

Not  sure  how  accurate  this  info  is, as  I don't  have  any interest  in  Rheneas,  but  I  found  myself  on  Kent  Garden  rails website  tonight  and  they seem to be listing  the  loco  as  IN stock on  their  narrow  gauge  section

• RMweb Gold

handy for people if you compared the model's dimensions with DOLGOCH ;) so people can see how accurate it is for conversion?

I'm seriously considering backdating mine to the book versions with a smaller face as in the books only the smokebox door was the face not the whole smokebox. I've got some faces from the tomix N models somewhere I might try taking casts from.

Then I can have a proper TR pair or the SR versions :)

• RMweb Gold

Edit: posted simultaneously with Neil ;)

Not to knock Edge's offered parts but for info Narrow Planet are about to release another conversion kit too with a few different options. Personally I prefer a brass chimney and platework so will go for their option which will no doubt be a tad more too.

Edited by PaulRhB