All new RTR PGA wagon in 4mm scale

Grimleygrid

• RMweb Gold

Hi chaps,

Those are looking really nice. Any chance of some shots showing the underside? And what your planned schedule going forward? Although 4mm is not my thing I am hoping these do well for you as that makes an N-gauge version more likely!

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1

Hi Ben,

I neglected to photograph the underside

But I’m sure Cav or Alex will oblige.

Needless to say the detail is excellent, with fine wire piping, door mechanisms and brake gear.

For those interested, I tried some #18 Kadees on the wagons and they are a perfect fit. The height of the NEM pocket is good and it has no vertical movement (so no floppy couplings)

post-40-0-12295100-1526806788_thumb.jpegpost-40-0-02027300-1526806844_thumb.jpegpost-40-0-35117300-1526806870_thumb.jpeg

• Like 6

Hi chaps,

Those are looking really nice. Any chance of some shots showing the underside? And what your planned schedule going forward? Although 4mm is not my thing I am hoping these do well for you as that makes an N-gauge version more likely!

Cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben, thanks for the compliments.

Here are a couple of underside photos for you.

post-6894-0-46481500-1526807536_thumb.jpg

post-6894-0-41795900-1526807550_thumb.jpg

I have to say the wagons with kadees look great and sit very close coupled due to the close coupling mechanism. They run through a 1st radius S curve too which we tested at the shop yesterday. I was chuffed with this as we designed the wagon to run on a 2nd radius with 1st radius as a maybe.

The N gauge version is certainly on the drawing board as a complimentary release.

Regards

Cav

• Like 8

Looking good, and the wagons are OK too!

Two quick questions.

There was mention of end guard panels, are these in the box for user fitting?

Alex, will you be doing transfers for the numbers on the upper hopper ends?

C6T.

Hi c6t since receiving the samples we are somewhat concerned about having the guard panels as a customer fit item. The ladders are fine mouldings and as such may be subject to breakage should they be removed. I would personally have no issue doing the conversion but some might be daunted. They are part of the moulding so we will be making them available should anyone want to do the conversion, however we feel that due to the high chance of breakage we would have to add a waver to say changing it is at the modellers risk.

Moving forward we would probably offer pre fitted ones as a model variation in a future production run and not include them in the package.

Nothing is confirmed on that yet though.

If the end guards are to be installed by the users it would be useful if it was made clear where they should be fitted so we dont have to search through the internet to find suitable photos

They are a replacement item for the three end brace stancions. The new piece is a plate with the stancions moulded on it. You have to remove the installed items and fit the plates in their place.

Looking good, and the wagons are OK too!

Two quick questions.

There was mention of end guard panels, are these in the box for user fitting?

Alex, will you be doing transfers for the numbers on the upper hopper ends?

C6T.

Hi C6T, if there is enough interest then we will release after market transfers to allow wagons to be re-numbered which would include data panels and the upper end numbers.

• Like 1

Update:

We are currently experiencing technical issues with our website, apologies for any inconvenience.

We will be contacting customers this week regarding payment for the balance due on the invoice. We are looking to commence production as soon as possible.

Cavalex Models will be at DEMU Showcase on the 2nd and 3rd of June with our painted samples of our PGA. If you are visiting Showcase please do drop by and say hello.

• Like 1

Alex, Cav, these PGAs are very nice indeed. Thanks Alex for letting me have a good look at them today at Showcase.

Cheers

Simon

Ps Alex after our conversation I will try to get the 7mm 56 finished, maybe be able to photograph it alongside your 60!

It was the first time I got to see and handle these - seriously impressed with the finesse all round and the thin section of the sides. Excellent quality indeed and should be a bit of a wake-up call to manufacturers of products of a similar genre.

• Like 1

Very pleased to get to see and handle these yesterday at DEMU and must say what superb models they are.  The photos do not pay justice to all aspects of the fine detailing.  I'm very pleased I ordered these and very much looking forward to receiving the finished models.  :)

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone that took time over the weekend to come and see our PGA wagons and also have a chat at DEMU Showcase. It was a really enjoyable weekend.

Both Cav and I are really pleased with the feedback we received over the weekend, thank you.

For those that model P4, Mark Forrest kindly let us borrow some P4 wheels and test run a PGA on his superb Fryers Lane layout, thanks Mark.

28669981888_73bdb06436_b.jpgCavalex Models @ DEMU by Southwich Railway, on Flickr

Also a big thank you to the DEMU team that organised Showcase for allowing us to display our painted samples of our PGA at the event, thank you.

• Like 7

Second payment made.

Although I haven't seen these 'in the flesh', I think the recent images really show this PGA to good effect

Can't wait to receive these.& then (fingers crossed) on with the BBA.......

Paid mine balance today, saw the models at DEMU showcase at the weekend fantastic quality

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...