Modelu Figures & Component News

alanbuttler

On 30/01/2024 at 02:22, Suffolk Dave said:

And, just in case anyone is wondering, her two sons are identical twins! 

They remind me of Bertie Wooster's "rather nuts" twin cousins Claude and Eustace Brackenstall!

Edited by MattR
  • Funny 2

17 hours ago, MattR said:

They remind me of Bertie Wooster's "rather nuts" twin cousins Claude and Eustace Brackenstall!

Curiously, a Eustace Brackenstall also seems to have been a murder victim in a Sherlock Holmes story... 

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Suffolk Dave said:

Curiously, a Eustace Brackenstall also seems to have been a murder victim in a Sherlock Holmes story... 

Yeah, but you've got to face it, it's a *very* common name..

• Funny 1

On 02/03/2024 at 00:58, Suffolk Dave said:

I did know that and probably conflated the names! Now that I think about it, I’m not sure if Claude & Eustace’s last names were ever given in the story.

1 hour ago, MattR said:

I did know that and probably conflated the names! Now that I think about it, I’m not sure if Claude & Eustace’s last names were ever given in the story.

According to wakkypedia Claude and Eustace were Woosters, cousins of Bertie.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We are very excited to be attending the London Festival of Railway Modelling this weekend. We would love to see you and do feel free to give us any suggestions on new products. We will also have some new mystery boxes on sale at the show at just £10 for OO and £15 for O gauge. 

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon all, 

I am on annual leave this week so unable to share the whole newsletter with you on here but thought the below may be of interest. Will aim to put the rest of the newsletter up by Tuesday.

Have a great Easter weekend! 

IMG_2768.png

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, Modelu Chris said:

Good afternoon all, 

I am on annual leave this week so unable to share the whole newsletter with you on here but thought the below may be of interest. Will aim to put the rest of the newsletter up by Tuesday.

Have a great Easter weekend! 

IMG_2768.png

Holidays?, annual leave?, Alan has gone soft!!

Mike.

• 2 weeks later...

I apologise for delay in coming back on here to get the newsletter up but please see the below from Alan:

It's a time to reflect on our journey and some of the advancements in technology over the years which have shaped how we work as a business.  Our biggest achievement has been the purchase of the new instant 3d scanner last year, the date of which strangely coinincided with the anniversary of me leaving my old 9-5 job.  An emotional milestone and a long way from starting Modelu in my Mum's garage in Mid-Wales.

Modelu would be nothing without our fantastic, loyal customers, the vast majority of whom have been with us right from the very beginning. This weekend's sale promotion is a thank you to you, customers new and old who help us to keep pushing boundaries.

Thank you again for your support and custom over the years. Here's to our 10th year for which we are planning a big party - watch this space for more info!

image.png.3a8379d9a959c673b546bfd52dde0a3f.png

Thank you to all the customers new and old that came to say hello at Ally Pally! It was great to catch up with you all and we created some fantastic scans. It was also a lovely surprise to be awarded Silver in the British Railway Modelling awards for innovation! Thank you to everyone that voted for us. We were narrowly pipped by Rapido Trains UK for their Titfield Thunderbolt Deluxe pack, a well deserved win which we also played a small part in providing the full colour figures.

We've lots of exciting new collaborations coming up with Accurascale UK, TMC - The Model Centre, West Hill Wagon Works and KR Models which we'll keep you updated on. Modelu's success would be nothing without the team, so a big thank you to Chris, Harrison, Sophie, Alex, Pam and Ed who worked their socks off in the lead up and during the show. 

We will continue to work hard pushing the boundaries with 3d scanning, colour printing and working closely with the manufacturers to produce high quality figures.

image.png.35ca25a2f39eec314ccdc40164882dd5.png

image.png.a8c43036a113d657ed18d49261759f2d.png

We are really excited to be attending the brand new Model World Live show at the NEC in April.  Along with our new 3d scanning both we'll also be launching our brand new RAF range (see details below) created with the assistance of Up an' at 'em History.  Jed will be joining us at the show with a collection of WWII RAF crew clothing and accessories, so if you want to fly your own Spitfire as well as drive your own steam engine, come say hello!

We'll have stocks of our popular model railway items in OO, O, TT and N and our new RAF range in 1:144, 1:87, 1:76, 1:72, 1:48, 1:32 and 1:24.  We are also hugely thankful to Alex at Echo Range Models for providing us with a number of fantastic 1:72 and 1:48 display models to show our new RAF range at their best.

You'll also be able to see figure painting demonstrations by Dan Evason from Tunnel Lane Model Railways / Hornby Magazine.  Dan is a master of his art and will happily share tips and techniques to make figure painting more accessible.

image.png.e3721b79dce91b77c36375127a670c8e.png

As mentioned above, we are very excited to be working with Jed and his team at Up An' At 'Em History to produce a brand new range 'RAF Through the Ages'.  Our initial range focuses on WWII, in particular the early war and Battle of Britain, D-Day and female roles such as WAAF's and Flying Nightingales.  

3D Scans have been captured using authentic uniform and accessories and poses based on real photographs such as those below.  We'll be launching the range at Model World Live at the end of April with stock of the figures available in a wide range of scales.

• Like 19

• 2 weeks later...

New Newsletter just released from Alan, please see below:

It's just a few days until we pack up and head off to the NEC for Model World LIVE!  We're really excited to attend this new concept exhibition and we're looking forward to seeing some fantastic modelling on display.

We'll be joined on our stand by Jed and Ralph from Up An' At 'Em History who recently helped us produce our new range of RAF figures.  If you'd like to be 3D scanned in RAF kit, or railway kit, them come along to stand A16.

Our new RAF range features 8 figure packs suitable for the Battle of Britain, D-Day and mid-late european theatre.  We'll have stock in a wide variety of scales alongside our Model Railway range.

image.png.988781a18103a290936f470407bc63ae.png

You'll also be able to chat with Dan Evason, our highly recommended figure painter.  Dan will be putting some paint on our new range so be sure to check him out and pick up some tips.

We thought we'd whet your appetite a little with some prototype images of the new range shown here in 1/72 and 1/48.  You'll be able to find Battle of Britain pilots in conversation, WAAFs, ground crew and we'll also be bringing stock of some animals in popular military modelling scales.  

image.png.f56a60f8bd6016fa900791c292a95225.png

image.png.0570f744bca7579a76aa2b8b4f9c581b.png

image.png.467e5c8f858a372a295121fa98b7e04a.png

If you can't make it to the NEC you can also find us at other shows around the UK.  Our next events include the following shows:

BRM Bristol (Thornbury)
May bank holiday sees us at our home show in Thornbury Leisure Centre.  We'll be in attendance with a number of new products including J94 crews, Class 25 crews and more.   

For anyone interested in our RAF range we'll be replenishing stocks and bringing them along with us!

image.png.83ecc296086e7e8aabc07b4596a20f81.png

Gauge O Guild Summer Show
Saturday 1st of June sees us attend the GOG Summer show for the first time and our first O gauge event since before Covid!  We'll be in attendance with our 3D scanning booth and a wide range of O gauge products.

We'll also be launching a brand new range of bespoke O Gauge Diesel crews to fit Heljan locos such as the new Deltic, Class 25, Class 20, Class 58, Class 52, Class 73 and more.

image.png.466ddc704106564314e2f9db7dcdc76c.png

• Like 6