Modelu Figures & Component News

alanbuttler

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, Siberian Snooper said:

To back date the boy's,to the 60's they need to have duffel bags and in winter duffle coats.

Duffel coats to be worn like a cape, with the hood on the head and arms not in the sleeves. (or was that just me?)

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 5

2 hours ago, Ian Morgan said:

Duffel coats to be worn like a cape, with the hood on the head and arms not in the sleeves. (or was that just me?)

I can remember kids wearing snorkel parka's like that and then trying to cross the road.

Didn't end well.

• Funny 2

Here is an example of the Wickham set plus one, giving someone at the HSE a heart attack. The cameo is based on a real image of such a train passing north of Toton. The Wickham set is the three sat together and they look to be a very close match to the trio in the real image. The end on image closely matches the real picture on Flickr.

Medfit pic2 resized.jpg

20035 and Medfit pic1.jpg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I have a question, please (having had what I thought was a good look through the ModelU website first) - having seen the bespoke set of loco crew for the 15XX, do ModelU do bespoke crews for other locos, please (thinking particularly of 57XX/8750 panniers and 56XX 0-6-2Ts). I'm sure I saw such bespoke sets advertised in the past, but I can't seem to find any specific reference on the website any more...?

Thanks.

15 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

I have a question, please (having had what I thought was a good look through the ModelU website first) - having seen the bespoke set of loco crew for the 15XX, do ModelU do bespoke crews for other locos, please (thinking particularly of 57XX/8750 panniers and 56XX 0-6-2Ts). I'm sure I saw such bespoke sets advertised in the past, but I can't seem to find any specific reference on the website any more...?

Thanks.

We are slowly increasing our range of loco specific crew. Our 0900 range were designed for the Minerva pannier so should work well for any similar engines. Have put a link below for you. 

https://www.modelu3d.co.uk/product-category/finescale-figures/railway-and-lineside/1875-1947-rl/gwr-loco-crew/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon everyone, it's the end of the month so it is newsletter time! We have lots to share once again, the below is from Alan:

September has raced by and little Sylvie is growing fast and is already a month old! I really don't know where time has gone.   We've had a busy month as usual with a number of developments at Modelu HQ.

Earlier in the month we welcomed Alex to the team.  Alex has a passion for 3D printing miniatures and brings a knowledge of table top gaming and the D&D world as well as an enthusiam for 3D scanning and Augmented Reality.  Which leads me onto progress with our new and upgraded scanning capabilities! 

image.png.495dfbe23a3cb6423f8130c762d60e2f.png

We are about to order our new 3D scanning booth which enormously upgrades our 3D scanning capabilities, including the potential to scan groups, children and pets in full colour in a matter of seconds.  Our first outing with the scanner will be at Warley NEC in November and we'll be open for bookings in Bristol sometime later this month.

image.png.ebc70ffedf8faafb335b653a24ba1e6f.png

It's been another busy month of customers visiting our studio for bespoke scans, with Dan's painting services adding the final touches and bringing the scans to life.  As well as bespoke scan painting services, Dan is also now the official figure painter for our North American stockist Yarmouth Model Works! Painting can be arranged for your order with Dan directly or via the Yarmouth Model Works Website.

image.png.025b7506d7b7a96337c525d37008fe74.png

With big thanks to the Ffestiniog Railway we are pleased to announce that we'll be attending the Bygones weekend on Saturday 7th October with our 3D scanning equipment.   Set over 3 days, the Bygones weekend has an action packed schedule including unique experiences such as the gravity train demonstration and spooners boat under sail across the cob.  We are really pleased to be part of the weekend, though sadly we'll only be present on the Saturday at the Harbour station.  If you'd like to get 3d scanned or just join in the fun, come along and say hello!

image.png.e96b734bfc64c987df144be9eed5b595.png

We are excited to announce that the Bluebell Railway shop at Sheffield Park is now a Modelu stockist! As well as a wide range of our crew figures and details, the Bluebell Railway stock a brand new range of figures created in partnership with staff and volunteers at the railway.

Look out for our new Bluebell Station Staff pack, featuring 5 scans in LBSCR Edwardian uniform and new Dapol B4 and Dapol/Hornby Terrier crew packs captured with the assistance of crew on site.

image.png.441d2b8b1f85a5062e54ea09b009dbb9.png

The Bluebell Railway has a reputation for attention to detail and accuracy in uniform and the staff at Sheffield Park are a fantastic example of this.  Our new station pack features 5 of the volunteers in their LBSCR uniform, including porter with broom, ticket inspector, station master, signalman and a porter with a tin of brasso.  Available now via our website and in the Bluebell Railway shop at Sheffield park.

image.png.62de47b455ff2ba6bb03c1c6b7197dd2.png

Thanks to the staff at the Bluebell Railway we were able to measure up the real Normandy LSWR B4 and the Dapol O and OO models in order to create a bespoke crew pack.  We've two packs, the first featuring a preservation era crew with Bluebell driver James and fireman Hannah, and a second pack featuring driver and fireman suitable for the 1930s-1960s.

• Like 5

I did warn you we had a lot to update you on, please see the continued newsletter below:

image.png.d04c9ded50369d5f284c5e3b6711d74e.png

Following on from our new B4 crew, Harry and Nimalan at the Bluebell Railway assisted with a brand new crew pack for the Dapol and Hornby A1/A1X Terrier.  Available now via our website and in store at the Bluebell Railway in O and OO.

image.png.c9ca3309bca000c8ae9f2c2db78f0f8c.png

Thanks to our friends at Rapido we have a new crew pack for the LNER J70.  Look out for a companion pack of passengers for the Wisbech and Upwell coaches soon!  Thanks go to Luke Murray for his assistance in testing fits of the figures and providing photographs of them in situ.

image.png.e50449273580341b1d89365249899ae3.png

image.png.2708fd715e7f07c46a6ca496a3719303.png

Thanks to Chris' boys we've 3 new bundles of school kids/train spotters! Scanned in 50s/60s school uniform and duffle coats and casual clothes and parkas from the 1970s/80s. We even used the boys' granddad's spotting books for extra realism! Available now in all scales for your steam and diesel era depots.

image.png.8b6380058bdbfa6d9c533a1e07bf3ddf.png

Over on our Patreon, our October release is ready to download for our Hobbyist, Creator and Creator Pro subscribers. This release features 5 Industrial Crew figures from our archive suitable for the 1930s-1960s.  If you'd like to become a subscriber to get early access to new STL files then please choose a tier and signup.

Last months release of Seated Passengers is now available to buy on our STL Store.

image.png.e6310debc47b6bef759ad4c801f4e3c9.png

Phil Coggan is a regular contributor to our Modelu Modellers Facebook Group and his Pen y Bryn layout thread has been a favourite for many years over on RMweb.  We recognise his recent efforts this month with this new scene of a derilict lorry recently posted to the Realistic Railway Modelling Facebook group.  Well done Phil! You win a £25 Modelu gift voucher. 

If you would like to be considered for Modelu Modeller of the Month, please send us a photo or tag us on social media and send us some details. Good luck!

NEXT MONTH

November sees us return to Warley, this time with our brand new instant scanning booth! Look out for new products for the Kernow GWR Railmotor, Cavalex Class 56 and some new announcements at Warley. 

image.png

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, Modelu Chris said:

September has raced by and little Sylvie is growing fast and is already a month old! I really don't know where time has gone.  

Looking forward to models of babies in prams (ancient and modern), babies in slings, toddlers in pushchairs and strollers, baby on changing mat, toddler on dad's shoulders, etc. etc. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Ian Morgan said:

Looking forward to models of babies in prams (ancient and modern), babies in slings, toddlers in pushchairs and strollers, baby on changing mat, toddler on dad's shoulders, etc. etc. 🙂

Don't forget the bleary eyed dad at 3 in the morning range.

Mike.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• 4 weeks later...

Good afternoon everyone, quick little update for you before our full newsletter next week, please see below:

image.png.8cbbf4deeb3b5205f4c47134391ec9e2.png

This Halloween awe are having a sale on some excess stocked items!  Selected OO, HO and O Gauge figures can be found on our website at 20% off the retail price.  When they are gone they are gone so grab yourself some bargains!

https://www.modelu3d.co.uk/product-category/sale/

image.png.0183951062a365a5af1ee456cec9ebf0.png

We've also added 3 new figure packs this Halloween featuring two packs of Zombie Hordes and a special edition pack of the Modelu team fleeing/fighting for their lives!  Alan and Chris flee with whatever stock they can lay hands on whilst Harrison, Sophie and Alex fend off the horde! 

• Like 4