Jinty's WB for 7mm

Jintyman

Still not much done at the work bench, the bathroom shenanigans are still going on!!!!!

What I have got finished for its owner is a Sidelines Ex LMS Period II, D1782, 60' TK number M1499M and finished in a very work worn and dirty BR Crimson & Cream livery.

The state of the coach suggests it's near the end of its life, all were gone by May 1962, and will be more of a secondary use.

Buffers are Markits, Wheels Peartree, Trussrods from 2mm Brass angle,  Vac pipes Brassworks and steam pipes Laurie Griffin. The Stones Ventilators were scribed 1mm PETG and painted grey on the reverse. Notches had to be cut out of the roof profile to enable the ventilators to fit. The Glazing is 0.5mm PETG which needs a going over again to make it look like someone has at least tried to clean it.

Here are a few pictures of  M1499M on the photo plank.

attachicon.gifWB 296.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 297.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 299.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 300.jpg

The photo plank is something else I'm wanting to change. I'll keep this one, but I intend to make a slightly bigger one with a more urban setting as photographing coaches in 7mm is rather difficult, without getting 12":1' scenery in the shot. That's a job for another day (or three)!!!

Jinty ;)

Superb Jint's, way before my time so I don't remember seeing old coaches, but it has loads of character mate.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

David,

Apropos your comment abou5 5he plank, WT are running a “build a plank” Group Build starting in August. It’s not competitive, but a “let’s do it together”, sort of thing. Worth a look, I reckon. I put my plank on hold in order to join in.

Btw, coach is very evocative. Nice job!

Best

Simon

I might just hold off with the plank till August then Simon.................................... ;)

A couple more now that occupants have been fitted and windows had a bit of a clean!!!!

post-14906-0-55038500-1529610966_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-70420600-1529610976_thumb.jpg

Jinty ;)

• Like 8

David,

Apropos your comment abou5 5he plank, WT are running a “build a plank” Group Build starting in August. It’s not competitive, but a “let’s do it together”, sort of thing. Worth a look, I reckon. I put my plank on hold in order to join in.

Btw, coach is very evocative. Nice job!

Best

Simon

Simon

Sorry to be a nuisance but what or who is WT?

Paul

Very nice job Jint's, I'm far to young to remember them, (only a young 68) but I'm sure it's spot on mate, well done, and I look forward to seeing that on Steve's Layout.

You'll no doubt be a little excited to hear that some photos of a blue Rat will be appearing very soon, with maybe a video to accompany it!!!!

Jinty ;)

• Like 2

You'll no doubt be a little excited to hear that some photos of a blue Rat will be appearing very soon, with maybe a video to accompany it!!!!

Jinty ;)

Whooooopiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeee, :sungum:  and there's me thinking that I'd been forgotten and slipped off the radar. :O

As I've said, no rush, but if it can be delivered by Lunchtime tomorrow then all the better. hahhahah :no:  :no:  :sarcastichand:

Seriously looking forward to seeing the Beast.

• 2 weeks later...

Whooooopiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeee, :sungum:  and there's me thinking that I'd been forgotten and slipped off the radar. :O

As I've said, no rush, but if it can be delivered by Lunchtime tomorrow then all the better. hahhahah :no:  :no:  :sarcastichand:

Seriously looking forward to seeing the Beast.

Well Andy, await no more..................................................

Here she is, Class 25/1 (Derby Built) Number 5191 in BR Blue with FYE.

Fitted with a Zimo MX696S via a screw terminal adaptor board and feeding twin bass reflex speakers. Directional head code lighting, directional tail lights and cab lighting in both cabs. Fitted with a driver in each end (No2 end chappie looks like the second man taking a rest!!!!) and snow ploughs. The locomotive weathered in detail and some gratuitous pictures taken in some nice natural sunlight.

This one is a little De Ja Vu to the one I did for Craig a little while back, but I've made it a touch different.

Here are a few pictures:

post-14906-0-12754400-1530553014_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-60434800-1530553023_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-68082200-1530553033_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-37377700-1530553053_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-99419500-1530553064_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-49254400-1530553076_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-78622200-1530553088_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-72278300-1530553098_thumb.jpg

I'll try and get a video together as well of 5191, see how busy my week becomes as I'm dropping this machine off to its owner at the end of the week!

Jinty ;)

• Like 10

Well Andy, await no more..................................................

Here she is, Class 25/1 (Derby Built) Number 5191 in BR Blue with FYE.

Fitted with a Zimo MX696S via a screw terminal adaptor board and feeding twin bass reflex speakers. Directional head code lighting, directional tail lights and cab lighting in both cabs. Fitted with a driver in each end (No2 end chappie looks like the second man taking a rest!!!!) and snow ploughs. The locomotive weathered in detail and some gratuitous pictures taken in some nice natural sunlight.

This one is a little De Ja Vu to the one I did for Craig a little while back, but I've made it a touch different.

Here are a few pictures:

attachicon.gifWB 304.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 305.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 306.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 307.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 308.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 309.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 310.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 311.jpg

I'll try and get a video together as well of 5191, see how busy my week becomes as I'm dropping this machine off to its owner at the end of the week!

Jinty ;)

WOW,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Blood*       WOW,   Don't let Craig see it, hahahhaha.

Cheers David, superb mate, can't wait to give that a run at the weekend. :sungum:

• Like 1

WOW,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Blood*       WOW,   Don't let Craig see it, hahahhaha.

Cheers David, superb mate, can't wait to give that a run at the weekend. :sungum:

That's nice Andy ..... remember I get first dibs on it when you go back to 4mm "AGAIN"  :declare:  ..... give me a #4 ... mee maw.

Best regards

Craig.

That's nice Andy ..... remember I get first dibs on it when you go back to 4mm "AGAIN"  :declare:  ..... give me a #4 ... mee maw.

Best regards

Craig.

What do yea recon then mate, worth a cool TWO GRAND now with inflation and Jint's work?

• 3 weeks later...

And another loco has been completed.

Here is a Bachmann Brassworks class 04 diesel shunter. Numbered D2227, and finished in BR Green livery with a small 'Unicycling Lion' totem.

This loco has also been fitted with sound via a Zimo MX645R decoder and one of my own speakers. I've also fitted a 4700uF capacitor and directional lighting at both ends.

I have visited the crankpins, turning them down to a more reasonable size and losing the hexagonal screw head, replacing with two flats for tightening up. I think this little job makes quite a bit of difference to the Brassworks locos, and, although a bit laborious, it is straightforward to do.

A driver was fitted from the excellent Modelu range after being superbly painted by Claudia Everett.

Once all the technical bits were finished, it was glazed with 0.5mm PETG and then weathered with washes, powders and some colouring through the airbrush.

Hre are a few pictures before it heads home:

post-14906-0-71219000-1532427190_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-69388400-1532427201_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-30509500-1532427220_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-80693800-1532427271_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-56318800-1532427282_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-75551300-1532427292_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-63695700-1532427304_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-57165800-1532427313_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-75932400-1532427322_thumb.jpg

A couple more later this week too!!!

Jinty ;)

• Like 8

And another loco has been completed.

Here is a Bachmann Brassworks class 04 diesel shunter. Numbered D2227, and finished in BR Green livery with a small 'Unicycling Lion' totem.

This loco has also been fitted with sound via a Zimo MX645R decoder and one of my own speakers. I've also fitted a 4700uF capacitor and directional lighting at both ends.

I have visited the crankpins, turning them down to a more reasonable size and losing the hexagonal screw head, replacing with two flats for tightening up. I think this little job makes quite a bit of difference to the Brassworks locos, and, although a bit laborious, it is straightforward to do.

A driver was fitted from the excellent Modelu range after being superbly painted by Claudia Everett.

Once all the technical bits were finished, it was glazed with 0.5mm PETG and then weathered with washes, powders and some colouring through the airbrush.

Hre are a few pictures before it heads home:

attachicon.gifWB 312.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 313.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 314.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 315.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 316.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 317.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 318.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 319.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 320.jpg

A couple more later this week too!!!

Jinty ;)

Ooooo Vey nice mate, some subtle colouring there, superb.

Cant be sure but I have heard a rumour that D2227 is heading for Ramchester! Cant wait to see it in the flesh. Looks superb David - great job.

Rod

Yes it's on its way Rod, hope you enjoy it.

Jinty ;)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Agree with Andy very subtle weathering but captures the subject well

Agree but the 'D' lets it down - I spent a long time looking at the pic before I tumbled as to why it didn't look right, wrong 'D'.    I do wonder about the BR emblem as most of the class repainted in green and renumbered appear to have carried the later emblem - which was definitely in use by the time D2227 was reportedly renumbered from 11133 in October 1959.  I saw very few of the renumbered ones, and can't remember having seen any in black livery, so I presume (sorry but it is a presumption) that they were probably repainted while being shopped at around the time they were renumbered (it would have been 4 years old when renumbered).

Sorry to be a party pooper as it's such a gorgeous model of locos I very much liked and can remember at work.

Agree but the 'D' lets it down - I spent a long time looking at the pic before I tumbled as to why it didn't look right, wrong 'D'.    I do wonder about the BR emblem as most of the class repainted in green and renumbered appear to have carried the later emblem - which was definitely in use by the time D2227 was reportedly renumbered from 11133 in October 1959.  I saw very few of the renumbered ones, and can't remember having seen any in black livery, so I presume (sorry but it is a presumption) that they were probably repainted while being shopped at around the time they were renumbered (it would have been 4 years old when renumbered).

Sorry to be a party pooper as it's such a gorgeous model of locos I very much liked and can remember at work.

I take your point Mike, and respect your knowledge.

The customer and I agreed on an early 'D' and Unicycling Lion as a little bit of difference for his layout. There are photos to support the fact that the early D's lasted right up until 1962. Plate 72 in The Diesel Shunter by Colin Marsden shows an 04, in green, no wasps, renumbered, with the early D on the bufferbeam at Yarmouth on the 8th of September 1962, photo by F. Hornby.

I had also found on the internet a picture of an 04, renumbered, in green, no wasps and unicycling lion in early 1959, but for the hell of me, I cannot find it now!!! Typical!!!

Therefore a little modellers licence has been applied, especially the fact that this loco is modelled in the late steam, early diesel era where all sorts of things went on.

Thanks for your input, it is appreciated and taken constructively.

Jinty ;)

• Like 3

The 04 is really great and I am very happy with it as it is. I take stationmasters point BUT I am prepared to accept that in very minor details it may be incorrect. However who is to say that it is wrong? In the late 50's the railways were in such a state that the left hand did not know what the right hand was doing so D2227 is a Ramchester engine in the livery that I like. Fortunately I am not a stickler for absolute accuracy and frequently use modellers licence in all sorts of areas. We all do in fact as how many layout are there in existence that follow to the letter prototype practice in all aspects of railway history. Unless we are very lucky we have to compromise in lots of areas for example the length of our modelled station or the intensity of service we run. We all try to get it as right as we can but alas time, space, and money often prevent us from achieving a 100% accurate rendition of the prototype.

David I am happy and Mike thank you for your information which is most welcome and hopefully will help other people when they come to finishing their 04's.

Rod

• Like 7